• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Farewell.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hey guys.
I've been considering it a long time but i've finally decided to quit smash.
I've lost the passion for video games in general and in the wake of my recently declining performance it looks like im not going to win any tournaments anytime soon.

The only times i enjoy playing smash anymore are just at fests where people have no personal stake in how things go. I feel that in recent times the perth smash scene has changed. We used to be a tight-knit group of cool people and i housed a lot of respect for a lot of members of the scene.

Maybe it is not the scene itself but me who has change. I still house a lot of respect for a lot of members in the scene but the love of the game is gone. I have concluded that it would be better for me to spend my time on what i am truly passionate about-- my music.

I know with EI3 and Robocop coming i picked a bad time to do this, but ive decided to stop lying to myself. I would love to spend some time with some of you perth smash guys doing stuff that isnt neccesarilly smash or video games related. Most of you are really cool and interesting people and my sudden decision in no way reflects my opinions of you as people

Except maybe peat
haw
no, not even peat.

I guess what i want to say is that i'm done with tournaments, maybe someday i'll really want to get back into it but thats just not where im at right now, or where i think ill be in the near future.

Ill still go over to samuels to play smash though:p

But yeah. unless things change this is goodbye for tournaments for me.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's never necessarily a farewell.

Every smasher that has ever said 'My time has come' never necessarily stops playing. You invest less time, other things become more important, but you'll still be there. We'll still be there. Lord knows I haven't invested much time into smash since Thriller because of Uni, and it's the same for everyone.

A smashfest might be on in a few weeks and you might feel like going.
I'm sure you'll see the next tournament rock up and think 'I feel like going'.
And you can, smashers that have quit do.

I don't want to tell you that you're wrong, that you can't simply up and quit.
I just wanted to let you know that there's nothing to worry about since we're still here.

I just hope you'll make it to EI3. I wanna see you again :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear Andre - you're still welcome to come to NvS events man, so keep that in mind ^^ I'm not saying farewell because I'll be seeing you again many times in future, so see ya later :D

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
but your getting better arrow haha. It's either that or your making me meal my matches with you more often then usual hehe.

@Muzga
Yea sometimes I feel like I haven't gotten better so I know that feeling can be frustrating. Anyways good luck with your future endeavors and as Vyse said, we're always here one way or another.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Why do you have to make a thread about this, as if to just entice attention? (like Alzi with leaving).
If you're gonna leave, just say it in your own thread lol.

Nonetheless, you don't need 'passion' to have fun, you just need good people/friends around to have fun, so you can still play, just not competitively.

Anyway, doesn't matter, just means you can now focus on (hopefully) more important things. c:

MTGod

Smash Champion
I imagine that if he posted in the Perth Thread it would be sucked into the void of spam and trolling -_-"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Kas, not all of us read the Perth Thread. If he hadn't of posted here, some of us might not have found out for a while. And instead of telling everyone individually, it's probably easiest to make a thread about it for everyone to see and get it over with all at once.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You'll come back, they always do! :D

I know the feeling, I've been doing pretty badly in tournaments, but I go mainly because everyone's awesome. You'd better still come to NvS events!

Alzi

Smash Master
Hey Andre.

You are a good smash player to be honest. I have the exact feeling as you do as i don't really enjoy playing smash but i just to it for the sake of it.

Good luck with your music and hope to see you at them smash fest.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I agree with Mic.
I don't do the best in tournements, but I keep going to them because people are awesome. However it's your decision and I wish you all the best. Was looking forward to meeting you in July though. :/

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Lolnova.

Replace me Trill, please.

Then nova wont want to buttrape me.

@Andre - i saw the announcement on msn last week, but i came in here anyway to say thanks for the good times, the smashfests and letting me stay over and ****. And coming with me into Perth for Pete's smashfest. It is appreciated that you put up with my ****ed leg. I hope to see you again at some other point though mang.

Hater

Smash Ace
Btw was reading the forums rule the other (because of whole imposter account ban) and technically this thread violates those rules

Sirias

Smash Champion
See, Nick and Michael know it.
They don't play, but they still... 'play' and hang out.

Also, Antho, yes, we don't check EVERY thread.
But the point is...
Sigh, I cbf arguing about it, Michael knows what I'm talking about.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I know what you're saying. And what Michael and Nick are. In my post I said the exact same thing (just a bit more elaborately. I've hung out with Muzga before and consider him a friend enough to want to write as much).

Top Bottom