• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A dent in force palm

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is old or new news, but here goes.

When you use force palm at close range, it grabs and then strikes, naturally, you would think that you can't escape the grab.

Once when I was fighting a level 9 Luigi, I went in at 0% to do the force palm chain grabs. I got him, but he was able to escape the grab. So I tried again, same thing.

The only two times I've seen it were then, when I was fighting Luigi, but when I tried to test against Level 9 Mario, he couldn't escape and I continued to chain grab him.

If anyone has experienced this before, can you explain it because I haven't been able to replicate it yet. (With a human)

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You can escape it as if it's a regular grab. So if your opponent is at low % and can mash the controller fast enough (level 9's can do this perfectly) it is escapeable

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
well, it also depends on the character. some characters also fall faster then others. it can also depend on weight. Like say ur against a kirby...its easy to escape a chaingrab. and i do beleive luigi is a slow faler. its also possible...har...but possible...to air dodge it. it can also dpend on if u were on a slope

Milln

Smash Champion
The grab takes around three fourths of a second to fully execute. Response time to realize they're hit with force palm would be around a fourth of a second. They have half a second to decide whether or not they want to try to escape it or possibly influence their direction after being hit. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Unless they can predict it and start trying to escape before you actually grab so that they're set to escape when you do grab. But like Infi-tan said, it's not much to worry about. Even if they escape your grab, just jump after them and attack again.

FUCT

Smash Rookie
A link i was playing against in a wifi match ecaped it, think he was at about 10-20% tho. That was the only time ive ever seen it broken.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Seems only certain AI characters will escape it even at 0%. I've had ROB escape it, but others haven't.

I guess different AI characters have different "stick spam" rates, and only certain ones go fast enough to escape.

Top Bottom