• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A couple DI questions.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I could have posted this on the melee general boad, but . . . idk

How should I DI out of Marth and Roy's dancing blade or whatever it's called. Or better yet, how to avoid it all together cuz I tend to eat that shiv up for some reason.

How should I DI against waveshining. Can you tech shine spikes? and do shines take your mid air jump?

thanks

Spife

Smash Master
just shield the dancing blade and wait for a chance to grab, I forget if Link gets one of those. You can also roll away and punish their lag. Shield is pretty safe though cause they can't cancel it other then not doing the next move in the series so it's not like they'll just up and grab you. As for the DI, probably smash away? Maybe in, depending on the spacing.

I feel like Link is to easly wave shined to get out unless the fox is inexperienced. You can either smash di away and hope they come up short on you, or in and hope they go past.
I think you can wall tech shine spikes, I don't see why not, but I'm sure there are instances where you can't cause this game is inconcistant as ****.
Shines don't take your mid air jump.

Top Bottom