• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A cloaking move for solid snake?

Percon

Smash Lord
Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't mistake the picture in today's update as a move snake can use to camouflage himself. I know that's his intro.

But it got me thinking... what if his down B activated his cloaking again? I think that'd be pretty interesting. I know most of you probably think that it's the mine, but for some reason I think that may be a smash attack instead (in the snake's special moves update, the mine is labelled, perhaps incorrectly, a smash attack)

Now, this isn't concrete, but it's a possibility. It wouldn't be too useful, but the mindgames associated with it will be great, as well as sneaking up on someone in a 4 player match.

Plausible or no?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I wouldn't want him to have that... They can't make him completely invisible, so there is no point.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I think the mine will be moved to his dspec....Nyase dude stated that apparently there were two major complaints about it. And I could see why...that'd be the worse dsmash ever. :x Can't even really hit when you use it, may not hit on both sides of you (although it'd take so long that you probably wouldn't be there or were interrupted anyway...), etc. Can't be used very well to clear out crowds or edgeguard. It fits much, much better as a dspec.

Invisibility would be weird. Either you'd be completely invisible and it'd be broken, or you wouldn't be invisible and it'd be a complete...waste. It's either/or of the extremes, really.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, it wouldn't be useful much, but I was thinking...

Almost every item in the game has a move that's it's counterpart. Pitfall has the heabutt, freezie has ice climber's vB, fire flower is akin to bowser's breath... so that's why I though this COULD be possible.

I'm more or less indifferent about it.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
its definitely possible, but i dont think it would help him as a character much. if you recall, being invisible in melee could sometimes cause you to SD and it wasnt very good unless you were a computer.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
It would be like the cloaking device then?

Well I don't know about anyone else but the cloaking device hurt more then it helped me.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

Well I don't know about anyone else but the cloaking device hurt more then it helped me.
I was going to say the exact same thing. But then again the mine he diggs would kind of count like the mine that when someone landed on it, it'd blow up (except you could see it)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

right!! it sure would be cool, but on the other hand wouldn't serve as much use, unless cpu's this time arouind wouldn't be able to spot you

Percon

Smash Lord
An idea just came to me.

It sounded possible and all, but not too useful (like many of you have stated). But how about if if you hit vB while you were cloaked, you did a really powerful attack or stealth grab move? It could represent the assassin within snake. It could have really good damage and knockback and stuff.

Eh, maybe I'm just overplaying this idea...

But he is THE stealth game hero. Mario can jump high in Brawl, yeah, and sonic can run fast... but snake can't do anything. Except crawl. Woohoo.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
His cloaking attack could always be in his fs. It would make sense that way he is completley invisible, rather than you can still see him (an attack the automatically attacks everyone? or maybe even just on person?)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Well snake can use his Box, but who knows which button does that. His down B is his Mine Plant. Side B is his Seeker Launcher, Up B is his Robot thing and B is granade, so...kinda leaves you wondering
I think the box is his taunt.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
You guys didn't like the cloaking device? with it you didn't take any damage!
But the mine for D-Smash would be cool if he planted it on characters when landing, and if the sand he dug up did some damage.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people insist that the mine is his downb... Sakurai labeled it as a normal attack, so theres a VERY good chance that it is one...

Anyway, a cloaking move would be sweet. Especially if it allowed you to stay cloaked for a long time or until you got hit or until you did the move again.

Top Bottom