• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A...Chain Grab?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I was just playin' around earlier and I used the D-Throw... and I found that I could actually use a chain grab...

Well, I've only tested it on Bowser, and its possible,. but only if your foe has bad DI. However, against Bowser, I've found that even with good DI it's possible to use the d-throw again on your foe before they land.

For some evidence, here's a vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xFIhRzXcSU

This, of course, needs more testing, especially against other characters.
I know it probably will work on some heavyweights, but it requires precise timing.

Then again, this may already be a known and useless fact. Oh well.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
baka its impossible they would just jump or spot dodge it ,i usually throw them down wait for the spot dodge and side b chain them with that.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
That's a great discovery! Using Bowser as an example doesn't prove to the greatest effect though but if I was a Ganon player then I'd try this with real people. However I'll leave it to the Ganon pros to try it out

Chaco

Never Logs In
It won't work. Bowser gets to much aerial, it's easily DI'd. You can second jump before regrab, and it can also put Ganon in a bad position.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
This. Is. Not. A. Chain. Grab.

Heck I know for a fact they can FAir you in your face straight after a DThrow before YOU recover. (Found out the hard and painful way)

Bowsers FAir comes out incredibly fast and he takes much lower hit/stun in general, if you don't believe me try it on a lv9 CPU. They'll either aerial dodge or FAir you everytime, if a CPU can do it with no DI then a human can definitely do it.

You actually have more chance of a legitimate combo in a DThrow -> SS FSmash on Snake since that on the other hand takes some extreme DI with a high chance of error from Snake as he cannot recover in time.

:034:

Smash Hero
D-throw sucks, don't use it.

Then again all of Ganon's throws are bad so you might as well XD

Top Bottom