• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A & C Games "Brawl IV it all HD 2" Gaming Event, Sunday, July 5th 2009

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
A & C Games 4th Gaming Event: Sunday July 5th 2009.

2 Featured Tournaments and a Side Tournament this time around: Street Fighter IV, Super Smash Bros: Brawl WII, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix XBOX 360 Teams

40 St. George St. - Bahen Center @ U of T
Rooms 2185 & 2195 - 2nd Floor

- $5 admission, with admission you get a $5 A&C Games coupon
- $5 per tournament ($10 for Street Fighter IV) you can enter all the tournaments. Registration starts at 1:00 PM

- Free multi-player gaming areas
- Bring your friends!
- Special thanks to UTAMA Anime Club of U of T.

GRAND PRIZES:

(Street Fighter IV)

1st: Custom made Hybrid Arcade Stick ($340 Value, made by arcadewhips.com)
2nd Prize: PS3 Ryu SFIV Fight pad + $35 Store Credit (Courtesy of Omega Collectables)
3rd Prize: $15 Store Credit

(Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

1st: $70 Store Credit + Wii Charge Station (Courtesy of Omega Collectables)
2nd Prize: $35 Store Credit + Wireless Nunchuck (Courtesy of Omega Collectables)
3rd Prize: $15 Store Credit + Wireless Nunchuck (Courtesy of Omega Collectables)

(Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix)

1st: Mad Catz Standard Edition Arcade Stick + $70 Store Credit (Courtesy of Omega Collectables)
2nd Prize: $35 Store Credit
3rd Prize: $15 Store Credit

(Prizes are subject to change during the event as needed.)

Featured Tournaments Rules:

Street Fighter IV (PS3, 360 will be an alternative) - Rules

Projected start time - 2:00 PM

Double Elimination
Best 2 matches out of 3
Loser gets to reselect characters after each match.
Semi-finals and Finals best 3 out of 5

Additional Information

Controllers will be provided, we will have a couple of joysticks for who needs them. We highly recommend that you bring your own controllers and Arcade Sticks.

Game will be free to play and practice for everyone before and after the tournament. Just take turns with whoever wants to play.

Super Smash Bros.: Brawl - Rules

Rules

Single Elimination
3 stocks, best 2 out of 3.
Eight minute matches. (or whatever is best)
Start on a Neutral map.
loser gets to re-pick your character or choose a different stage. However, not both.
No items.
No stalling.
No Meta-knight cape glitch.

(Taken from the smashboards, thanks Overswarm)

Maps

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Additional Information

Gamecube controllers will be provided. Feel free to bring in your own controllers.

We reserve the right to change the rules if we see fit for the tournament.

Game will be free to play and practice for everyone before and after the tournament. Just take turns with whoever wants to play.

Featured Tournaments:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBOX 360) - Rules

Rules same as Street Fighter IV, 1 vs 1

Additional Information

Controllers and sticks will be provided, we will have a couple of joysticks for who needs them. We highly recommend that you bring your own controllers and Arcade Sticks.

Extra Info

MORE Free play Area games 2-4 players: Mario Kart 64, Golden Eye 64, Super Bomberman 2, NBA JAM, Super Smash Bros. 64, Blaz Blue 360, Super Street Fighter II HD Remix 360, Street Figther IV 360 and more!

For more info contact us or visit www.acgamesonline.com

OR, the same guys can run brawl again and have the rules done your way :laugh:

P___

Smash Cadet
ok I'll be at this but Im confused about the brawl counterpickng.

If you lose and you re-pick your character then you would have to play on another neutral?

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Double post: lol this is getting absolutely no love, I'm just going to post to remind my canadian ******* that I'm attending this s**t just to kick nates *** :)

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I might go to say hi to smashers and then wreck people in SF IV.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
If the 64 and the games are gonna be there.. I'll be in for those. Oh and I'll get ***** at try out some Blazblue too.. and play some MvC2 and POWER STONEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So totally worth $5.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Lol single elimination tourney with store credit for prizes. I like store credit, but single elim is fail, screw it i'm going 2 work on sunday anyways

.decoy

Smash Ace
crazy turnout for such a random event..anyway, results

1. HolyNightmare
2. Doc
3. Minus (split)
3. NickCam (split)
5. Mikey
5. Decoy
5. Anthony
5. Danny

im pretty sure right...some epic sets went down, i caught a few on video. which i'll be uploading. just not yet.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
This was a great tourney, so many scrubs lol. Picture a Falcon doing rapid A jab, and a Peach slamming b til she countered it rofl, was jokessss

me vs Holy was close
Minus vs Holy was close
pssh Montreal vs GTAN crew battles? We got this

Holys soo good though >_> have fun with that $70 credit rofl

On other note: Minus goes up with his Rose and beats one of the top GTA Sagats in sf4 rofl it was so hype, like 4 shamwows

...those SF4 guys are so serious its like they aren't having fun til they win

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Minus and I stayed till the very end. Funny how we compare Sagat as MK, and Balrog as Snake. The guys that were rooting for Sagat were super ********. Cheering on Minus too whenever he laid a shampow beatdown was also jokes. Scrubed out this tournament too. Maybe I shouldn't do two tournaments in a weekend...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Give me your store credit if you don't want it at Too Poor.

I loooooooooooove that store.

And the tournament was very fun, considering I expected noone to show up. I totally would have beat Minus if I wasn't in a rush to leave. Seriously.

<3 Minus

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Surprisingly awesome tournament. Good games Holy and Anthony. Sf4 was really fun too, thanks for cheering on my match guys, it was madd epic as the **** talk between the sf4 usual guys and the smash players went down. Taking out top Sagat players with Rose = priceless, (or however much 3 shamwows and the most easily hit confirmed combo into super in the game costs)

Also, Decoy please upload the set between me and Holy soon, it truly was awesome. I also need it for my self studies :psycho:

.decoy

Smash Ace
i will upload the vid as soon as i get the ability to..i run leopard and can't find the proper driver online to rip it from my phone. trying to figure out a new way lol.

Top Bottom