• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A bug involving smash stack being on the SD card

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This probably affects everyone back here. Even with the "no custom stages" code on, if smash stack is on the SD card and "random" is set as the stage selection method (as opposed to choose, turns, winner's pick, or loser's pick; that obscure menu option), Brawl soft crashes when the match would start. Is there a fix for this? It's a rather unfortunate crash even if it revolves around an obscure feature.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I had a report from someone that it crashed twice in a row, and I only tried once myself (which caused it to crash). Are you not getting the same behavior?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
In all cases, they were off the random. That's not the cause.

I should be very clear that this is setting the stage selection method to random, not picking a random stage. I'm talking about the option in the rules menu, not the button at the bottom of the stage select screen. The random button on the stage select screen works fine.

Top Bottom