• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A brief thought/method to avoid "angel" opponents. (critique please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A possible way to keep away from opponents when they are respawning and are invincible, also may be a way to stall the clock

Here's the video (starts at 17 seconds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6Cn7PDKnY

PROCESS:
Float under the stage with a turnip. Float to either side and toss the turnip up then double jump and parasol back to sweet spot.

The turnip thrown up should cover any attempt at the opponent trying to ledge guard you, but I might be looking at this with biased lenses. Can anyone see a possible flaw in this, or would it be a good thing to pull out once a match to throw the opponent off.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If peach floated faster it could be reliable. You probably shouldve just posted in the tactical thread, it exists for a reason.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Interesting little trick.

Though, I think simply running and dodging your invincible opponent for five seconds would be better than this. Being under the stage and recovering is a really bad position. I would never attempt this against MK.

Gea

Smash Master
I've done this before as a joke. Planking with your double jump is safer than this, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom