• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Brief Guide to DI'ing Charizard's U-throw (And other moves upon request)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Ok so I know this thread is ancient, but I found out something interesting that will help a lot of people survive potential death from Charizard's up throw. I gonna use this video as a reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXdE0r2m4I

In conjunction with the proper DI (I aim my control stick Down Diagonally towards Charizard.) I also do the same thing in the video and hold the C-stick down. Lastly on the moment of impact I try my best to tech in place to nullify all knockback. i haven't figured out the proper timing on the impact to tech properly yet, but this definitely works. I've done this like 5 times in a few matches with my brother. I've survived certain death by doing this. My dmg most times is past 130% to 150% and with the throw being delivered on the top platform. If mastered this could make Charizards Up throw useless unless maybe the opponent is wise to the tech and properly tech chases and follows up.

I believe all characters can do this, but not 100% sure. I did this with Roy and Pit so I'm just assuming. Plz give this a try and tell me how well it works for you.

PS: Sorry if this was already discovered. Just wanted to share some new info.

Top Bottom