• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A better sonic than "the best sonic ive seen so far"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have to say that the best sonic ive seen goes to sonicorochi. lucky is good but orochi's pressure game is off the map... look him up

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
lucky is good but SonicOrochi is amazing. SonicOrochi is very good at the pressure game.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
Im sorry to post this here, but if you want to see a really good Sonic, look up SonicOrochi on youtube. Hands down, I have to say this guy has better techniques and combos. I know, he plays level 9 cpu but keep in mind the timing these computers have over humans. None of my friends were ever good at Melee, or never bought/played the game so I played lvl 9 cpu for years. Yeah, i know its very boring, but I consider myself a good player, and ive proved it in small tournaments. My point is, when watching his videos, keep in mind he is playing computers but also notice his skill and using of combos on these computers before being quick to judge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh7XeA7dpA&feature=related

As for this video, Lucky has definitely gotten a lot better at playing Sonic, but that Marth player looked as if he's just heard about the Smash Bros game series yesterday.

Squirtle_Pants

Smash Rookie
Lucky is amazing! SonicOrochi is really really good too but i've never seen him play against an actual human, only CPUs

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
lucky is good but SonicOrochi is amazing. SonicOrochi is very good at the pressure game.
Orochi is very good with Sonic, but still I don't think that his skill against CPU's can transer to playing with people.
But who knows, maybe it can :laugh:

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
SonicOrochi has definitely gotten a lot of Sonic tricks and techniques down and has given us some great pointers, but I won't say he's the best out there until I've seen him play other humans.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol @ thread title XD

i dont know about the shield pressure thing lol

but i will give the guy some props he's brought some great ideas to sonic players everywhere,but im really not a fan of the whole cpu thing :/

well i hope wifi dosnt lag so this guy can play other people,looks like he could **** some peeps

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
yea i saw the vid with sonicorochi they say that the computer is a lot harder than in melee but again its not a human and with humans they can adapt or notice that hey he just threw like 4 or 5 < A smashes i think im not just going to walk up to him and get hit (samus did that). point being im not bashing him and saying he sucks but playing against AI and playing against a person are 2 completely different things. im sure he'd still own playing against people but its a big diff. oh and i think that lucky IS the best that i've seen thus far in this vid and in others...he completely ***** that marth (only died once?? lmfao i understand that marth wasn't a pro either but still) and i love how he pulled off that spring to kill marth when he had early %. Lucky ownz

J18

Smash Journeyman
i haven't seen sonicorochi, but the best sonic i've seen is interimofzeal. look him up on mikeyzor's youtube channel. he's a beast.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You don't know who the best Sonic is at this point. People need to stop making these kinds of threads.
1) You have probably never played them and are going off a few vids that have been posted.
2) Other than Orochi, you don't know the skill level of the opponents these people play. We know hardly anything about the metagame at this point either, so certain matchups which hold advantages/disadvantages aren't too clear.
3) You all suck at Brawl - Hugs

Black/Light

Smash Master
You don't know who the best Sonic is at this point. People need to stop making these kinds of threads.
The thread is called "the best Sonic I have seen so far". . .not "the best Sonic player".

Meaning what? That of this person's collective viewings of Sonics this Sonic player (Lucky) is the best they have seen at this point in time.

Simple logic. . . :ohwell:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Skills against computers almost never transfers over to vs humans. I can 0-death comps on GG and BDS2, but get my *** handed to me by the pros because they know more about zoning/spacing, and are better at mindgaming. Computers never abuse super armor, or edgehog, or take advantage of wicked projectile games and disjointed hitboxes. That being said, SO has given me a buncha ideas, so props where it's due. Wait till you see some of the stupid stuff I do now.

I just need to figure out how to get this capture card to work. D:

Remember when these threads would get locked in the Melee era? Good times.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
The thread is called "the best Sonic I have seen so far". . .not "the best Sonic player".

Meaning what? That of this person's collective viewings of Sonics this Sonic player (Lucky) is the best they have seen at this point in time.

Simple logic. . . :ohwell:
If that's the case then the opinion can't be regarded as important. I could say the best SSBM Marth player I've seen is some guy called Chris. That's obviously not true.

Anyway, I was talking more about what makes a player the "best" when there is hardly any information on the game? What makes player A better than player B when there aren't masses of matches of them playing each other, any big tourney results or an indication of how they fare against a wider range of players isn't something so easily avaliable at this point in time.

Black/Light

Smash Master
If that's the case then the opinion can't be regarded as important. I could say the best SSBM Marth player I've seen is some guy called Chris. That's obviously not true.
. . .Nooo, thats true, to you, if it's your opinion. Opinions can change. . .the Chris guy might be the best you had seen at that point in time but by no means is he for sure going to be the best you EVER see in the future when the game has yet to hit the US.

And no, this is in no way important, it's just sharing infomation. Many people want to see good Sonic vids so no one is going to complain about a good Sonic vid having a thread even if it's not important.

Anyway, I was talking more about what makes a player the "best" when there is hardly any information on the game? What makes player A better than player B when there aren't masses of matches of them playing each other, any big tourney results or an indication of how they fare against a wider range of players isn't something so easily avaliable at this point in time.
What makes Player A better than Player B @ Sonic? Well, thats suggestive at this point but if all I see are Sonic vids where people either walk around as Sonic ( afraid of his speed maybe?) and try to spam his Fsmash or they just B> all over the place and try to spam his fsmash and both styles result in a over-whelming lose for the Sonic player anthan I see Lucky in the brawl tourney vids who actually uses his move-set and speed in what appears to be a more effective manner resulting in a good fight than yea, I can from a opinion based solely on how Sonic was used in the limated vids I have seen.

Thats how people rate others. You can only be ranked relative to how good others are at that point of time so if most of us have only seen crappy Sonics than the one that appears to be used better than them will be seen as "the best" to us at that time.

Top Bottom