• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A 100% original character? A discussion.

SilverBrick

Smash Rookie
I could sort of see the Master Core becoming a playable character with those transformations, but it'd obviously need some story reason for being much weaker than the original.

Personally I'm for it, but only if the character is already an established and iconic part of Smash. The point of Smash is to represent Nintendo and other gaming icons, and ironically enough, Smash is a big part of Nintendo's history and yet doesn't have a fighter to represent it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Primids could have been the perfect original Smash character. No one would have seen them coming until it was already in the game. The Primids are a missed opportunity because we're used to them.

I honestly even thought Sakurai would have made them playable.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Don't make quote only posts
No one would have seen them coming until it was already in the game.
I honestly even thought Sakurai would have made them playable.
Edit: Guess the point went right over someone's head, so I will be less subtle: He said that no one would have seen it coming and then basically said that he would have seen it coming, hence a contradiction.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'd like to see a "Master hand" type character but not exactly the same (since he would be way too op).

Something like "Apprentice hand", a smaller and more clumsy master hand.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't really like the idea of a original Smash character taking up a slot in the roster unless it's Master Hand. Now Master Hand scaled down as a playable character would be awesome, but completely unnecessary.

Edit: I was at work when I posted this and it wouldn't load up and I kept pressing the save button and it still didn't load up. Can a mod come and delete my other two posts please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom