• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*949-Smash Thread* Topic: Smashfests all day erryday. I miss melee :)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
who is going to connors premango smashfest on friday?
can i get a ride? my last final ends at 3:30

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I'm still on the fence when it comes to going to Mango Juice at all. X_x

Convincing my mum to give me a ride to san bernadino is such a ***** but since she went to go see Obama today, she might be in a good mood.

MacD

Banned via Administration
so there better be a thing tomorrow where we play, i really want to/need to

i have nothing school wise since i'm done with finals, doubtful anyone will invite me to go to the beach so i want to play like all day, can i assume that we all can still play at cameron's...?

EDIT: and can i/we get a head count for rides... i'd be nice to know how many people are going to need a ride, ie i want to know if me cam and kira are going to have to drive

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
MacD, come over (be at my house) around 4pm if you still wanna play! bring your cube and stuffs too

MacD

Banned via Administration
dude, connor, i totally forgot i have a final today, well it's not really a final i just have to go to class from like 4-6 which is probably why i forgot about it... i probably won't be free till like 7 like normally

so yea... sorry about that connor

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
anyone else wanna play melee at 1pm ish besides cam? itd be cool to at least get a group of 4 good players so we can also do teams

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
I could play singles all day, but i was thinking others would get bored or something

Kira-

Smash Champion
well if we have 4 people teams is better
so you guys dont have to wait while i hog the tv =P

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i would want to play, but i know we would play like all day and i have a final tomorrow :[. unless we somehow played for just a couple of hours.

GSUB

Smash Lord
you must really want your peach to suck
No.
almost everyone has at least some sort of helpful information.
this info. is like pokemon.
i might have a squirtle, and he has a zapados.
so like. total: i have 72/150 pokemon and he has like 80/150 pokemon.
then he gives me some i don't have, then i have more. but i refuse to accept his stupid caterpie and dumb lvl. 1 pidgey, and i only accept like, tangela and butterfree and snorlax.
gotta has them all.

gsub, you should choose one character to play

you won't get good if you don't
what about a secondaryyy??

cause i can't do it all with one.

and i like to CP characters.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
almost everyone has at least some sort of helpful information.
you would think.

you can pick stuff up by watching people play and learning what moves work in what situations. you'll find moves work in weird situations that you never thought of. you don't really need to ask people for anything because the vast majority of people can't articulate anything they do, or just don't know what they're doing, and when you get contradicting advice, you won't know what to take

what about a secondaryyy??

cause i can't do it all with one.
you only need to worry about a secondary at a very high level of play (and even then you don't really need to, it's just nice to have)

it's dumb to pick up a secondary until you're good (i was very dumb for wasting a lot of time picking up marth the past six months, for example, even though, in a vacuum, my marth wasn't all that bad)

just look at everyone who's gotten good quickly: lovage, replicate, tofu, connor. even san diego reaper has made a ton of progress just by sticking to one character exclusively.

and i like to CP characters.
which just reinforces bad habits and prevents you from learning the matchup

getting better at melee takes a lot of work, so nowadays i just always assume people who wanna pick more than one character and do all the other stuff that is conducive to staying bad are just more concerned about having fun than about getting better, and there's nothing wrong with that. but if you actually think you're on the path to getting better, you're mistaken, and you're going to learn the hard way.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
who's going to connor's tomorrow?
i'm done at 3:30, can i get a ride there?

GSUB

Smash Lord
No more luigi, Gdorf, marth, fox and falcon GSUB?
and sheik, and dr. mario, and samus, and link, and y.link, and bowser, and dk, and yoshi, and game and watch, and pichu, and ice climbers, and falco. :/:/:/:/:/

lol probably not stabbed.
i use those cause i would get bored.
but i've been playing ****ty recently from all these doubles with nubs @_@need moar singles.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i can't go to mango juice anymore
something came up last minute
**** and i want to go so bad
sorry guys

Top Bottom