• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

Hypethug

Smash Journeyman
Just play like mango tech everything, don't mess up techskill, and space. All u need to b good at melee and don't have twst di

Moon u suck

:phone:

DRGN

Technowizard
What do you guys think about the advantages/disadvantages of choosing characters and then stage versus the norm of choosing stage and then characters on counterpick?

In other words, instead of this:
1. Winner bans stage
2. Loser chooses stage
3. Winner chooses character
4. Loser chooses character

This:
1. Winner chooses character
2. Loser chooses character
3. Winner bans stage
4. Loser chooses stage

I've been reading some discussion on this, and it seems to me that the latter would draw focus away from knowledge of the opponent (i.e. what characters they play), and more toward match-up and stage combination/usage knowledge.

Another interesting suggestion:
1. Winner chooses character
2. Loser chooses character
3. Loser chooses 2 counterpicks
4. Winner bans one of the two
5. Play on the second cp that wasn't banned

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Soooooo... TAG was pretty enjoyable. Disappointed about the low Melee turnout, though. :/
I'm glad Project M got some hype!
I'm also salty that I had to play against 3 Falcos in a row in tournament... :(

DRGN, I'm really happy with how I did in our set in P:M. Zelda is a tricky matchup, lol. I'm also glad I was able to take 4th in the PM event. :D

And after watching those Semifinals I see where I could improve. :)

I hope I'll be able to play more soon. I would really like some more srs practice sessions in PM and Melee.

DRGN

Technowizard
Yeah, today was pretty fun. :)

Lol, yeah, damn space animals everywhere. All 8 of the matches I lost in tournament were to Foxes! So dumb.

Project M is pretty cool. I'd like to play it more too. The only thing that kind of sucks is that I want to play BOTH Melee and Project Melee. :p

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Project M is so legit.

And spacies are ghey. >_>

Everyone that I played in tourney was just like, "Oh, I'll try Falco" and I was just sitting there like, "AYFKM".

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
makes perfect sense to me

falco is fun in melee, fun in brawl, and top tier in both games, so why not play falco

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Melee was pretty not hype as there were only 9 or so entrants. I don't know what happened to facilitate such a low amount of people, but it was disappointing for sure.

DP won. That's about it.

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys. so....when are you guys free for a smashfest? lololol.

and i probably can't go to your event this weekend, brian. I am going to visit my grandparents out in the bay this coming saturday.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I'm like free the whole summer except for this weekend and July 9th-15th.

SNG, no worries. :) I hope you'll be able to make the next one, whenever that is, lol.

EDIT: I would like to do another big livestreamed smashfest sometime. That means people would have to come down here, though.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Haha, sweet. Would like to play more with DRGN, too. Maybe get some Project: M in as well. :)

And I haven't played Moon in a while, either, lol.

Those livestreams are mad fun to do, and I learn a lot from them, so I would be psyched to hold one before June is over.

SNG

Smash Journeyman
do russian and nk ever swing by your place? i'm interested in playing them as well. i think they're like the last of the sac regulars that i haven't played yet, haha.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I don't think Russian has a car and I almost never hear from NK aside from stuff he posts on smashboards occasionally. Last time I played either of them was the weekend of the Rule 6 tournament back in the end of May.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Wolfy I might be able to play you on wednesday or thursday. NK's schedule is open but he has no car to my knowledge. I also have to call him back, he has learned how difficult it is getting a hold of me.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Jesse just needs to get back to me/us about when/if he can make it tomorrow.

Other than that, I'm still up to host tomorrow if Jesse can't make it.

So yeah, Moon. Just like, text me or post on here or something and let us know what's up.

Top Bottom