• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/11 Truth Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I found short videos for everyone who thought the 2hour presentation might be a bit too long:

10 minute summary: http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_10_min.wmv

30 minute summary: http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_30_min.wmv

Or if you would rather look through the presentation slides, here they are: http://www2.ae911truth.org/ppt_web/ppt_selection.php
If you don't want to watch the whole 2 hour long video, here is a summary fragbait. Please at least check out the 10 minute one.

I'd like to point out that I read each argument and directly addressed each point in my posts instead of just posting links. I have never brought questioning any source's credibility into the argument and based my cause on scientific accuracy. No one has defeated me on these grounds.

Quoted from the above link in orange:
"The 9/11 coverup deals with the conspiracy theory that the attacks of September 11, 2001 were not terrorist acts but were in fact committed by the US government."
The focus is not conspiracy theories, I can't stress that enough. Nor pointing fingers; it's determining how the towers fell and why by using know evidence and scientific methods.
"9/11 conspiracy theorists often say they're poking holes in the "official" story, which is that terrorists hijacked four planes, flew one into each World Trade tower and one into the Pentagon, and while they flew the fourth toward an unknown target it was taken down by the passengers."
This has nothing to do with disproving that^.
"None of the scientific reports mention anything close to melting or pulverizing of steel as the conspiracy theorists claim."
They're not accurate.
(Skip to 5:50 for footage of the molten steel) This isn't easy to watch, it shows the tower falling and footage of the cleanup weeks later where temperatures are still extremely hot. Don't watch if you don't want to see traumatic footage. There isn't any gore or things like that.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/nasathermalimages/public/video/Pretext_WTC2_molten_metal.wmv
"The conspiracy theorists are correct when they say that this alone would not have caused the towers to collapse, but what it did do was weaken the structure and cause residual stresses on the floor trusses. Once they began to give way, the structure could no longer hold the weight. This aspect of the residual stresses and the loss of the floor trusses does not seem to have been addressed at all by the conspiracy theorists, yet the scientific examinations show them to be the direct cause of the collapse."
How could an explosion start at the top of the building? There's no weight to crush it. After the top was blown out where did the needed weight come from. Even if there was the weight the resistance of the structure under would prevent freefall acceleration. All this^ was addressed but that report's sources were from '05 and earlier and AE911 was formed in '06.
Video footage of collapses:
http://www.ae911truth.org/en/eviden...ootage/306-wtc1-a-wtc2-demolition-videos.html
"The South Tower actually tipped to one side as it fell, as that was the side that had lost most of its structure. The North Tower fell straighter because it lost more of its structure on the core. Even so, the towers falling straight down is no indication of deliberate demolition."
How could the top of the south tower tip to one side and immediately cause a symmetrical, near free fall speed, strait down collapse with out controlled demolition involved?
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/collapses/symmetry.html
^Good read.
"The towers were mostly empty and had no lateral load to push them over to one side."
Not true.

"The speed at which they collapsed gave them too much inertia to go anywhere except straight down."
So why did debris shoot out sideways over 600ft during the entire collapse?
To save room I'll not cover WT7 and the pentagon wasn't part of this to begin with.

Feelings are feelings. Science can be proven or defeated if faulty.

I'd like to see step 3 being applied to my points or at least have them addressed like I'm taking the time do do for other people's. If the science and process isn't complete and reliable the source isn't.

As addressed above, that largely skips the issue and is inaccurate. Please answer our points instead of questioning credibility with logic like popular opinion. And where'd you get the "vs. millions"?

If we rule out scenarios like 'you could be dreaming all this', theories can be proven inaccurate. Which I have done several times. The reason people haven't disproved the demolition theory is it's correct.

Thankyou.

Where's the 9/11 stuff?

Ok, this link http://cedb.asce.org/cgi/WWWdisplay.cgi?156676 is quoted in yellow.
"Expressions for consistent energy potentials are formulated and an exact analytical solution of a special case is given. It is shown that progressive collapse will be triggered if the total (internal) energy loss during the crushing of one story (equal to the energy dissipated by the complete crushing and compaction of one story, minus the loss of gravity potential during the crushing of that story) exceeds the kinetic energy impacted to that story."
What kinetic energy? The entire building (WTC North or example) was blown outward 600 ft with enough force to hurl steel girders at 70mph. This started from the top at imediate freefall acceleration. The kinetic energy isn't going into the fall and resistance is present. You 'can't squeeze blood from a turnip'.
"Regardless of the load capacity of the columns"
I don't see his logic in this.
"There is no way to deny the inevitability of progressive collapse driven by gravity alone if this criterion is satisfied"
Which it wasn't. There's no inclusion of asymmetrical fire and impact damage in their theory either.
"The parameters are the compaction ratio of a crushed story, the fracture of mass ejected outside the tower perimeter, and the energy dissipation per unit height. The last is the most important, yet the hardest to predict theoretically. It is argued that, using inverse analysis, one could identify these parameters from a precise record of the motion of floors of a collapsing building."
This^ is what AE9/11 did to conclude controlled demolition. Also the structural damage was not evenly distributed, the weakened side fell strait down at the same rate as the undamaged side with greater resistance.
"Due to a shroud of dust and smoke, the videos of the World Trade Center are only of limited use."
No the undeniable recorded evidence is crucial. Otherwise it's a matter of theory crafting how the tragedy occurred without factoring what did occur during and after.

------------------------------------------------------
About credibility,
Spontaneous generation (like rats generating from spoiled meat) appeared logical and was widely accepted as true until Francesco Redi used science to prove otherwise in 1668. http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio114/spontgen.htm
---------------------------------------------------

I've done my part by reading and answering opposing posts. Please do the same for me. But know, as skeptic as people are at first, no one's ever disproved me in this debate.
Fragbait, are you trying to say this post is too long to respond to?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So you expect people to sit through 2 hour videoes, and wade through tons and tons of text and pictures on your sites and in your posts, but you can't do the same?

Awfully double standard in here.
I like you, fragbait. You manage to say my posts before I type them.

fragbait

Smash Master
Fragbait, are you trying to say this post is too long to respond to?
Not at all. As a matter of fact, I responded to some of Arizens points previously IIRC. He fleshes out his thoughts and makes them simple to read and respond to.
Also, you only recently produced the summary videos after many people didn't want to watch the long one. Do they say anything that isn't covered by "Zeitgeist" or "Loose Change" or any of your posts? Because I've seen those 2 movies and actually do read your posts, but others respond with my thoughts much quicker than I do.

I like you, fragbait. You manage to say my posts before I type them.
;)

Also, upon looking back...
Thats way too long man, I'd rather if people addressed his post rather than just posting things talking about conspiracy theories
Wait, isn't this what you're doing?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yes infact they do cover points that aren't in zeitgeist and loose change, including the use of the scientific method, peer reviewed journals about evidence of thermite in wtc dust, as well as a comprehensive analysis of all the investigations.

This is not a conspiracy theory this is an analysis of evidence in the hope for reinvestigation. Conspiracy theories actually make claims as to who the conspirators are.

fragbait

Smash Master
Yes infact they do cover points that aren't in zeitgeist and loose change, including the use of the scientific method, peer reviewed journals about evidence of thermite in wtc dust, as well as a comprehensive analysis of all the investigations.

This is not a conspiracy theory this is an analysis of evidence in the hope for reinvestigation. Conspiracy theories actually make claims as to who the conspirators are.
You don't seem to know your argument very well. Your evidence insinuates the involvement of the United States Government in the events of 9/11. Are you just copy-pasting without really reading the text at all?

Also, the points you mention, those are all included in either "Zeitgeist" or "Loose Change" or both.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
So instead of watching a ten minute video summary, you would rather attack me with ignorant comments and elitist superiority?

Yes fragbait, the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth have evidence not presented by Zeitgeist or Loose Change which are movies that ask alot of questions but do not produce evidence.

AE911Truth.org is not a conspiracy theory website, it is merely looking at the evidence we have, analyzing the previous investigations, and then calling for a reinvestigation given their conclusion. While I may speculate on who actually did it, they do not.

fragbait

Smash Master
I don't claim elitist superiority. When I called you out on your "Debate" technique, it was legitimate criticisms.
Also, I'd like you to go ahead and tell me where I was ignorant when I do not ignore anything presented to me, rather, I answer it.

World English Dictionary
ignorance (ˈɪɡnərəns)

— n
lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant
and "Ignorant"
ig·no·rant
   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt]–adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
Hm...doesn't say that "Ignorant" means "I disagree with you." Seems someone's throwing around a word they don't understand.

I'd like to see more of Arizen though...

also, 777 get :D

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I don't claim elitist superiority. When I called you out on your "Debate" technique, it was legitimate criticisms.
Also, I'd like you to go ahead and tell me where I was ignorant when I do not ignore anything presented to me, rather, I answer it.

and "Ignorant"

Hm...doesn't say that "Ignorant" means "I disagree with you." Seems someone's throwing around a word they don't understand.

I'd like to see more of Arizen though...

also, 777 get :D
Have you checked out the 10 minute summary yet?

fragbait

Smash Master
Have you checked out the 10 minute summary yet?
Alright, if only to get you to stop *****ing about it, I'll watch it. As I watch it, I'll type in a point-by-point analysis, including Minutes: Seconds.

If you have a Youtube and/or Google Video link to it, that would be good. This computer doesn't DL properly.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I think the summary is just on that website, ill look around though

Here is wmv format
http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_10_min.wmv

Here is mov format
http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_10_min.mov

30 minute summary just in case your interested, I think the ten minute summary only focuses on building 7

http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_30_min.wmv

http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_30_min.mov

Found a youtube link for the ten minute summary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lESol88wOi0

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Ok I think its fair to say I and Arizen have won this argument, if anyone still contests this please try the following challenge.
Got a proposition for any current smash debater title owner: if you watch this 30 minute summary of the presentation given by Richard Gage AIA of the AE911truth.org,

http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_30_min.wmv

and you still believe that wtc attacks were carried out without the use of explosives planted in the buildings, I will pay you 5 dollars on paypal, providing that you write a short summary refuting his main points.

I am only going to do this for the smash debaters because their reputation is on the line and I think they are less likely to screw me over by not watching the movie and then just writing a pretend summary.

Smash Master
It's more like they know no evidence they present, no matter how compelling, is going to be good enough for you, but the evidence you've presented isn't good enough for your opponents, so it's at a standstill.

Personally, just like invisible unicorns dancing on the moon, it's possible, but I doubt our govt. is competent enough to be able to pull off something like that.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
It's more like they know no evidence they present, no matter how compelling, is going to be good enough for you, but the evidence you've presented isn't good enough for your opponents, so it's at a standstill.

Personally, just like invisible unicorns dancing on the moon, it's possible, but I doubt our govt. is competent enough to be able to pull off something like that.
I would like to point out that only persons who presented evidence were myself and Arizen and that everyone else who posted merely posted links debunking conspiracy theories. Noone has produced evidence that supports that this collapse was gravity driven. And for you to just openly ridicule my observations is very rude while you don't even participate in the debate. There is no "stand still" here, merely that the opposing side cannot refute the evidence.

This is not about whether or not elements of the United States were conspiring to blow up the wtc towers, this debate is about whether or not the towers were brought down with controlled demolition or by jet fueled fires.

So please leave your unicorns and conspiracy theory ideas at the door.

Become educated by watching at least the ten minute summary.

D

Deleted member

Having watched the 30 minute summary, I have to ask, how much have you looked into the information posted from the other side? By that I don't mean, how much have you looked at the 9/11 truth group's responses to the other side. I mean, how much have you really read from the official story's side?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
First of all I just want to say thank you puu for watching that summary.

I've read and watched everything people have posted in this thread except for 104's extremely long post. So far I haven't seen any of the concerns brought up by AE911 addressed in these videos and articles.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Same old thing. I’m not doing this to win a debate; everyone was affected by 9/11 and the events after. One can’t solve a problem that’s not correctly identified. I’m calling people on ‘tip toeing’ around the facts; address them and prove them wrong or at least admit you can’t disprove them. I’ve answered every argument thrown at me.
(Looking back, I should have skimmed the page before responding)

1048576 is quoted in yellow:
They ignore the methods of science, the protocols of investigation, and the dictates of logic. The conspiracy theorists chase any bit of information, no matter how flimsy, and use it to fit their preordained conclusions. They ascribe to the government, or to some secretive group, powers wholly out of proportion to what the evidence suggests. And they ignore the facts that are present in plain sight.
No... on the contrary:
Claim: The way the building fell was caused by demolition or thermate. (Thermate is thermite mixed with sulfur and sometimes other chemicals, which produces brief but intense and highly localized incendiary effects.)
NIST report and press conference: Sunder said that his team investigated these hypothetical causes and ruled them out. "We asked ourselves what is the minimum amount of charge we could use to bring the building down," he said. "And we found that even the smallest charge would release an extremely loud sound heard half a mile away." There were no reports of such a sound; numerous observers and video recordings found the collapse to be relatively quiet.

http://www.ae911truth.net/wtc7/WTC7-eyewitness-2-PFC.wmv

Prominent conspiracy theorist Steven Jones and others have suggested that thermate could have been inserted into a column, exploding the column without the loud boom of a demolition. Sunder said his team considered that theory. "In order for the thermate reaction to melt steel to take place, there has to be materials. If you look at the amount needed--at least 100 pounds for one column--you need someone to get that amount in the building, and place it, and for the reaction to take place. It is unlikely."
“Unlikely”
After 7 hours of uncontrolled fires, a steel girder on Floor 13 lost its connection to one of the 81 columns supporting the building. Floor 13 collapsed, beginning a cascade of floor failures to Floor 5. Column 79, no longer supported by a girder, buckled, triggering a rapid succession of structural failures that moved from east to west. All 23 central columns, followed by the exterior columns, failed in what's known as a "progressive collapse"--that is, local damage that spreads from one structural element to another, eventually resulting in the collapse of the entire structure.

• Non-experts claim that debris seen blowing out of windows was evidence of explosive charges, but experts identify this as air and light office contents (paper, pulverized concrete, etc.) being forced out of windows as floors collapsed on each other.

A squib is visible in the right picture^. Why did air pressure go down several stories and burst out of that, and only that spot? Shouldn't it burst out a wider weak area where the pressure is suppose to be concentrated?
• Demolition firms had very sensitive seismographs operating at other sites in Manhattan on September 11. None recorded signs of any explosions prior to the tower collapses. Instead, seismic spikes were noted when debris began hitting the ground.
The top exploded first with no kinetic energy causing it, as shown^.

• Clean-up crews found none of the telltale signs of controlled demolitions that would have existed if explosive charges had been used.

Most of this post didn’t address the cause of collapse and what did had been disproven in previous posts.
I was just trolling; basically trying to make a point that typing lots of text does not make for good debate, it just makes you hard to respond to. Please don't actually respond to it, for your own sake.
I read that?!
So you expect people to sit through 2 hour videoes, and wade through tons and tons of text and pictures on your sites and in your posts, but you can't do the same?

Awfully double standard in here.
Ugh, I’ve read people’s posts and line by line addressed each point.
Not at all. As a matter of fact, I responded to some of Arizens points previously IIRC. He fleshes out his thoughts and makes them simple to read and respond to.
Yet they remain untouched.
Ok I think its fair to say I and Arizen have won this argument,
^
It's at a standstill because the evidence is solid. Prove me wrong. ("invisible unicorns"?)
Having watched the 30 minute summary, I have to ask, how much have you looked into the information posted from the other side? By that I don't mean, how much have you looked at the 9/11 truth group's responses to the other side. I mean, how much have you really read from the official story's side?
A considerable amount. It doesn’t add up.

Again-again, no one has disproven Ballistics and my argument. I’ve read and line by line debated every post, even one I didn’t need too:urg:. At this point it’s all steering people back to the solid facts already presented. If I can be proven wrong, do it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
GoldShadow he has a point there.

I was kind of surprised to see you resort to a non-insightful, insulting comment. That's something I'd expect CK to do.

D

Deleted member

I just wanted to point out something really important about the 9/11 Truth Movement.

When you say that there are people in the government who were in charge of 9/11, you are saying that there were people; multimillionaires, who were willing to actually take other people's lives, for money. If you think about that, it really isn't often done. People kill for jealousy, the kill because they're insane, they kill because they are defending their ideology, they kill because they are overthrowing a corrupt government, they kill because they believe god tells them to (9/11), they kill for a lot of reasons. But really, how many people would REALLY commit mass murder for money. Keep in mind that the people in the government are actually sane, that's how they got so far in life (you may believe they are evil, but we can all agree that they are sane).

It may happen a lot on TV, in murder mysteries where a family member kills for their share of the inheritance. There are only a few reasons why so many civilized people would kill so many others. It could be for defending an ideology, it could be for liberating people, but when have so many people just been killed for money in modern society before? More importantly, how many civilized people (most of them god fearing Christians remember), would commit mass murder for money? They don't even believe that this is the good life for them; they care more about the afterlife they believe they will spend with Jesus. They would not put that in Jeopardy just for money in this life. However, the people who did perpetrate 9/11 believed that god was telling them to kill all those people, which is a far more probable motive, although it is clearly far more insane.

To sum up, believing that god is telling you to murder thousands of people is far more likely to be a motive than money for someone who believe that this life is not the "real" life.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I did not want to start the day like this.
Thanks for the pre-holiday laugh.
It's not funny. What will it take to convince people?

News Corporation company overview:
"The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation has operations spanning film, television, and publishing. It produces and distributes movies through Fox Filmed Entertainment, while its FOX Broadcasting network boasts more than 200 affiliate stations in the US. The company also owns and operates more than 25 TV stations, as well as a portfolio of cable networks. Its publishing businesses include newspaper publishers Dow Jones (The Wall Street Journal) and News International (The Times, London), and book publisher HarperCollins. In addition, News Corporation has stakes in British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB) and Sky Deutschland."

News Corporation and other media companies have said from the time of the first reports on 9/11 fire made the buildings collapse. If the information provided by networks this big was poorly researched or not true they would loose a lot of credibility.

But the evidence is so solid that on Fox this interview happened:
http://buildingwhat.org/buildingwhat-appears-on-geraldo-at-large-on-fox-news/

Maybe they, other media companies, and NIST, somehow overlooked all the evidence like free-falling acceleration etc and made conclusions that could not be supported. Maybe they're only looking 'the way the wind's blowing'. Maybe they are hiding something. For whatever reason, I'm just profoundly frustrated by how the American people have gotten the raw deal from it. But people were persistent, the evidence is beyond reasonable doubt, and it's forcing people, government and the media to after 9 years finally cop-to it.
I just wanted to point out something really important about the 9/11 Truth Movement.

When you say that there are people in the government who were in charge of 9/11,
This is one of many possibilities, no one has said anything more than speculation.
there were people; multimillionaires, who were willing to actually take other people's lives, for money. If you think about that, it really isn't often done.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal
<><><><>
http://flowingdata.com/2008/08/08/watch-the-rise-of-gasoline-retails-prices-1993-2008/
compare with:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Hall...sult&ct=title&resnum=11&sqi=2&ved=0CGYQ5wIwCg

"But its biggest value could be that it puts Halliburton in a prime position to handle the complete refurbishment of Iraq's long-neglected oil infrastructure, which will be a plum job."
Quoted from (half a page down):
http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/25/news/companies/war_contracts/

"Of this $1.121 trillion total, CRS estimates that Iraq will receive about $751 billion (67%), OEF $336
billion (30%) and enhanced base security about $29 billion (3%), with about $5 billion that CRS
cannot allocate (1/2%). About 94% of the funds are for DOD, 5% for foreign aid programs and
embassy operations, and 1% for medical care for veterans."
Quoted from (summery)(This is an official government report):
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

Summery:
Halliburton is making record profits when gas prices are climbing to record highs (over $4.00 a gallon), they received contracts for Iraq Oil restoration and military provisioning without winning a bid. And of the $1.121 trillion for military operations (estimated for FY2010, yes this is slightly dated) veterans' healthcare gets 1% of that money. And now there is a grossly uninformed freakout about healthcare and insurance for 47 million uninsured citizens in the US where an overnight stay at a hospital to rule out a possible heart attack even if it's a false alarm is over $10,000.
...YES PEOPLE WILL KILL FOR MONEY!
9/11 can easily be considered a deciding factor in the US moving troops to Iraq.

...Thank you to the people who posted debate content.

D

Deleted member

You missed the point of what I said.

People do evil things for money all the time, Enron is a good example of that. But murder for money rarely happens.

The things you posted may be related to the overall topic, but not my point. My point is that mass murder for money by civilized people just doesn't happen. Civilized people have murdered for many reasons, but money quite simply isn't one of them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Okay, it's not technically murder but greed did lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths. They weren't as direct.

D

Deleted member

It's a practical difference, not a moral one. Despite whether or not they are intelligent or not, or whether or not they are corrupt, they are civilized people. Civilized people do not likely take lightly the decision to murder thousands of people. And even if somehow those people involved were able to actually murder thousands of people just for money, it's pretty much a guarantee that afterwards at least 1 or 2 of them would step forward and admit what they did to try and repent for their sins (about 80% of Americans are Christians and this number is even higher inside government), or just because they feel horrendously guilty (as they should). If 9/11 was not perpetrated by Al Qaeda, then whoever did it (it was lots of people) are to this day proud of what they have done as they have yet to confess, and there is no way that people just killing for money would be proud of what they have done. The difference is that when you kill for money, you know that what you are doing is immoral, but Al Qaeda believed that what they had done was morally right.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If we are talking about the people who died in 9/11 being murdered, I wouldn't say it was for money. This reply is based on the hypothetical premise that it was the US government, which I'm not saying is true.
There's a saying 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'. I don't agree with the following but these are some ways to look at if Iraq worked out well what the US would have gained:

Financial security by control of oil; controlling energy is a powerful asset. Eliminating the terrorist threat. The sympathy of the world thinking that terrorists started the war by attacking on 9/11, and full support within the country. Wrapped up the loose ends from Desert Storm. Getting to be the big heroes of the world. Prevention of future attacks. Economic boom.

It's the standard 'the end justifies the means' thinking that potentially applies to anyone and any religion. Another example is Japanese internment camps in WW2-seriously wtf? If someone is certain they're right, acting in the overall best interest of people, and willing to overlook the means of their plan it's dangerous. The moral dilemma is 'overruled' by an assumed future redemption.

“Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
— General Herman Goering, President of German Reichstag and Nazi Party, Commander of Luftwaffe during World War II, April 18, 1946. (This quote is said to have been made during the Nuremburg Trials, but in fact, while during the time of the trials, was made in private to an Allied intelligence officer, later published in the book, Nuremburg Diary.)

History repeats its self. There is no 'end' that justifies the 'means' and how a small group of people think the world should be never happens that way. I strongly believe the education and involvement of the masses is the best way to determine what needs to be done.
Now we're getting off topic...

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Puu your argument is naive, and I'm glad there are people like you in the world with hope. But people do kill for money, and they know its wrong. The Nazi's profited from the Jews possessions, assassins and hitmen really do exist, not just in video games, there are countless examples, among the most common is war. These are not moral people we are talking about who feel guilty later after what they have done, these are wolves in sheep's clothing.

You keep mentioning that Al Qaeda is responsible, what evidence do you have for this? Because I have a plethora of evidence to show that Al Qaeda could not have been involved.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

I was kind of surprised to see you resort to a non-insightful, insulting comment. That's something I'd expect CK to do.
Wow, you are really obsessed with me. I haven't posted in this room in a few months, much less in response to you, and you have to take a jab out of nowhere about something unrelated.

You really are my favorite meta-Troll but grow up. It was uncalled for and unwarranted and way below even you.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm just saying that a post like that is typical of you.

I don't really have a problem with you, I think you're an intelligent and interesting guy. And if you remember, it was me who PMd you to try and reconcile our differences.

Besides, our issue started when you attacked me, when I had never done anything to you, so accussing me of a random jab is pretty hippocritical.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because I have a plethora of evidence to show that Al Qaeda could not have been involved.
Do you have security clearance?

I know I'm going to regret this, but give us the summarized version, and if you could, please be concise.

What point would that be?

What I get from the conspiracy side of things is:

1) 9/11 caused by U.S. government
2) U.S. government did it to incite war because war --> $$$

All I want to know from this is the following:

1) Why two planes plus explosives? Just one of those things would have been enough.

2) Just because you blow up a building, what guarantee do you have that you will get your war in the end? What if the world ended up united by this tragedy and the terrorists laid down their weapons and wanted to negotiate? Blowing up a building can lead to a multitude of possibilities, and it could be that none of those possibilities is the exact one that you want. As a strategy, this is an option used only by those without means due to its unpredictable nature. I don't think the U.S. government is "without means."

3) Why do the people in charge of the most powerful nation in the world need an event like 9/11 to start a war? They've been imposing sanctions and waging wars via proxy for decades and no one has done anything to stop them.

4) If you were going to undertake this type of a project, why did you target citizens within your own nation? You could just as easily have targeted people in another country and put the blame on a scapegoat of your choosing. One potential candidate would be the nation of Pakistan. If a massive attack took place there, killed numerous civilians, and was blamed on a terrorist group that some people may have sympathized with, then such an attack could help shift public opinion in Pakistan away from supporting those groups. And all you would have to do is step in and offer to help, and now you have an ally in the region. And you would have sacrificed none of your own people to do it. This is a more cost effective and safe approach compared to what the 9/11 conspiracy theories are suggesting, and in truth it is NOT safe or cost effective at all.

During the Clinton administration, economic sanctions were imposed on Iraq. Those sanctions had a devastating effect on ordinary people. However, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans cared how many civilians died, even though their intended target was Saddam Hussein.

The point I'm trying to make here is that while the lives of ordinary people don't matter a whole lot to the upper levels of government, the bottom-most level of expendability is still the foreign national living in another country. Your government has a small miniscule interest in protecting your insignificant ***, but it has zero interest in protecting someone who isn't a citizen in your country. Therefore it makes no sense that it would intentionally sacrifice its own citizens when it could have sacrificed someone else's children, when it has always and will always sacrifice someone else's children in place of its own.

D

Deleted member

If we are talking about the people who died in 9/11 being murdered, I wouldn't say it was for money. This reply is based on the hypothetical premise that it was the US government, which I'm not saying is true.
There's a saying 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'. I don't agree with the following but these are some ways to look at if Iraq worked out well what the US would have gained:

Financial security by control of oil; controlling energy is a powerful asset. Eliminating the terrorist threat. The sympathy of the world thinking that terrorists started the war by attacking on 9/11, and full support within the country. Wrapped up the loose ends from Desert Storm. Getting to be the big heroes of the world. Prevention of future attacks. Economic boom.

It's the standard 'the end justifies the means' thinking that potentially applies to anyone and any religion. Another example is Japanese internment camps in WW2-seriously wtf? If someone is certain they're right, acting in the overall best interest of people, and willing to overlook the means of their plan it's dangerous. The moral dilemma is 'overruled' by an assumed future redemption.

“Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
— General Herman Goering, President of German Reichstag and Nazi Party, Commander of Luftwaffe during World War II, April 18, 1946. (This quote is said to have been made during the Nuremburg Trials, but in fact, while during the time of the trials, was made in private to an Allied intelligence officer, later published in the book, Nuremburg Diary.)

History repeats its self. There is no 'end' that justifies the 'means' and how a small group of people think the world should be never happens that way. I strongly believe the education and involvement of the masses is the best way to determine what needs to be done.
Now we're getting off topic...
Admittedly, I had never really thought of that (well I did, but not in this context). You're right that 9/11 did incite fear in Americans which made it easier for them to invade Iraq. However, just 10-15 years before the George Bush Junior lead invasion of Iraq, George Bush Senior also launched attacks on Iraq.

Puu your argument is naive, and I'm glad there are people like you in the world with hope. But people do kill for money, and they know its wrong. The Nazi's profited from the Jews possessions, assassins and hitmen really do exist, not just in video games, there are countless examples, among the most common is war. These are not moral people we are talking about who feel guilty later after what they have done, these are wolves in sheep's clothing.

You keep mentioning that Al Qaeda is responsible, what evidence do you have for this? Because I have a plethora of evidence to show that Al Qaeda could not have been involved.
I'm sorry, the things Arizen pointed out were perfectly reasonable, but please do your research before you say things like Nazis killed Jews for money. Yes they did profit, but that profit was purely incidental. If I remember correctly historians have some disagreement about what Hitler/The Nazi's reasons for the Holocaust were (the 2 of them probably had different reasons), but nowhere in their disagreements does the idea that they killed for money came up.

A nice quote from wikipedia,

wikipedia said:
The basic motivation [of the Holocaust] was purely ideological, rooted in an illusionary world of Nazi imagination, where an international Jewish conspiracy to control the world was opposed to a parallel Aryan quest. No genocide to date had been based so completely on myths, on hallucinations, on abstract, nonpragmatic ideology – which was then executed by very rational, pragmatic means."[37]
Regarding your reference to hitmen, yes there are people who are willing to kill for money, but those people are extremely rare, and it is unlikely that such a large number of god-fearing government officials would be willing to kill for money.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
El Nino I meant he had a point in that he was right in criticising GoldShadow of resorting to mockery.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What point would that be?

What I get from the conspiracy side of things is:

1) 9/11 caused by U.S. government
2) U.S. government did it to incite war because war --> $$$
Originally the debate was about how the towers fell, which was based on evidence and proof. Not conspiracy. The debate happened to flow that way later on.
1) Why two planes plus explosives? Just one of those things would have been enough.
we don't know why. That's what happened.
3) Why do the people in charge of the most powerful nation in the world need an event like 9/11 to start a war? They've been imposing sanctions and waging wars via proxy for decades and no one has done anything to stop them.

4) If you were going to undertake this type of a project, why did you target citizens within your own nation? You could just as easily have targeted people in another country and put the blame on a scapegoat of your choosing. One potential candidate would be the nation of Pakistan. If a massive attack took place there, killed numerous civilians, and was blamed on a terrorist group that some people may have sympathized with, then such an attack could help shift public opinion in Pakistan away from supporting those groups. And all you would have to do is step in and offer to help, and now you have an ally in the region. And you would have sacrificed none of your own people to do it. This is a more cost effective and safe approach compared to what the 9/11 conspiracy theories are suggesting, and in truth it is NOT safe or cost effective at all.
3 The world doesn't tolerate countries attacking other countries without good reasons.
4 Scapegoating another country with the world watching is not likely.
The sympathy of the world thinking that terrorists started the war by attacking on 9/11, and full support within the country. [...]Getting to be the big heroes of the world.

“[...]Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
— General Herman Goering, President of German Reichstag and Nazi Party, Commander of Luftwaffe during World War II, April 18, 1946.
None of Iraq was cost effective. It still happened.
<><><><>
Admittedly, I had never really thought of that (well I did, but not in this context). You're right that 9/11 did incite fear in Americans which made it easier for them to invade Iraq. However, just 10-15 years before the George Bush Junior lead invasion of Iraq, George Bush Senior also launched attacks on Iraq.
Cheney played a large roll in Desert Storm and the current Iraq war. Not capturing Saddam Hussein was a major regret when the US stopped Desert storm. Iraq might have been considered more of a threat by those involved in both wars.
It would have been far simpler for the government to orchestrate an attack like that, off American soil. It has been successfully been used as a reasonable motive for attacking Iraq.
Fire missiles? That's not a good way to gain sympathy about liberating Iraq. I'm not sure what you are saying?
Also, for a group who could supposedly pull off a brilliant conspiracy such as 9/11 (if the government did it, then while they are very evil, they are damn smart), they made some fundamental errors in their planning. Blaming Al Qaeda for an attack on the US does little to help give the government reasons to invade Iraq. The United Nations supported the Gulf War, and authorized the 34 country coalition. That was not the case for the Iraq War. Even within the United States approval of the War in Iraq was far lower than the Gulf War. It would have been far more prudent for the US government to fake something similar to the catalyst Gulf War than to do something like 9/11.
Yet despite all the points in bold text^ the agenda for the Iraq war was 'bulldozed' quickly into action, similarly the USA PATRIOT act passed without most of congress even reading the bill. The method was effective.

How could the US or any country, with the world watching, fake that another country is invading their neighbor like what happened with Kuwait?
A nice quote from wikipedia,
Lol at us using wikipedia for sources.
<><><><><>
This^ is still speculating on if 9/11 was an inside government job. The only things I'm stating did happen are the 9/11 attacks did involve controlled demolition and the investigation and news coverage was appallingly incompetent at best.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
El Nino I meant he had a point in that he was right in criticising GoldShadow of resorting to mockery.
I'm under the impression that GoldShadow's attitude was directed towards the evidence presented rather than the person presenting it, which is something that is allowed here, as far as I know.

we don't know why. That's what happened.
Means, motive and opportunity. I'm working on the motive part of things because I am not a structural engineer, nor do I intend to pretend that I am. But I do spend a lot of time researching politics, and politics is the reason behind all this bruhaha. If it was an inside job, there would be a sound motive that supports that theory. Evidence can be hidden, but the motives of nation-states can be deduced.

3 The world doesn't tolerate countries attacking other countries without good reasons.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8284046.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/573051.stm

4 Scapegoating another country with the world watching is not likely.
But scapegoating another group of people and killing your own citizens while the world watches is more likely?

I apologize for being unclear. I never said "scapegoating another country." I said, "Killing civilians in another country and blaming it on terrorists to get the leaders of that country to help you out with said terrorists."

If they were going to kill their own citizens, why not stage a bombing in Kenya and Tanzania? Kill some Kenyans and Tanzanians. Blame it on Qaeda. Get the support of the governments and the people of Kenya and Tanzania. You suffer zero losses because the people killed weren't your own citizens.

My main point of emphasis: People in other countries are expendable; people in your country are less expendable. It is better to sacrifice those people rather than your own.

That is the mindset of governments around the world. So why did the U.S. government sacrifice its own citizens when it could have sacrificed people elsewhere?

None of Iraq was cost effective. It still happened.
Sanctions were pretty cost effective. Lots of dead Iraqis, but no Americans coming back in body bags. Which ended up working in Clinton's favor. No one remembers him as a war criminal.

Well, except maybe people in Iraq, but like the U.S. government cares about that.

That's not a good way to gain sympathy about liberating Iraq.
You're right; that isn't a good way to gain sympathy. Of course, how much do you think the U.S. government needs sympathy? Both wars have been incredibly unpopular around the world. Did the plan just fail, in that case?

The only things I'm stating did happen are the 9/11 attacks did involve controlled demolition and the investigation and news coverage was appallingly incompetent at best.
I thought 104's post from way back answers most of the concerns raised by conspiracy theorists. I don't think I can add any more to it. You could argue that "unlikely" does not mean "impossible," and you would be right. But then, the plane theory is also not impossible, and it is, as far as I can tell, "more likely."

So, just out of curiosity, accepting that it could have been either one, how likely to do you think it was that planes hit the Towers?

D

Deleted member

Content removed per poster request

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Agreed. I'm just saying that investigating whether or not it was a controlled demolition is not for us to do, it is for the national body of scientists to decide.

I agree, and you know we never had a national body of scientists decide. We had government paid small group of scientists decide that it was not controlled demolition. But now 3,000 architects and engineers are calling for an independent investigation to be instigated by congress. I think we can all agree to this.

To el nino: the evidence that I have which proves al qaeda could not have been involved is the thermite found in the wtc dust. It is literally impossible for the men in caves to plant thermite charges in all the buildings. Also I am using the common sense that 19 hijackers that the CIA immediately accused, of those, many are still alive, and the only evidence they have against them is a passport they found on the ground zero site, after the bodies disintegrated supposedly in the plane wreck, how is it that the passport survived.

There is a few stages of this dilemma, the first stage is to stop taking goldshadow's approach of laughing at everything. The second stage is a legitimate curiosity of open mindness. The third stage is realization that you have been lied to in the 9/11 comission report and NIST technical papers.

Right now I am trying to get you all past the first stage. If you think I'm crazy please watch the 30 minute summary of the architect who knows so much more than me.

http://www2.ae911truth.org/team/gra...Web_Videos/911_Blueprint_for_Truth_30_min.mov

Rizen

Smash Legend
If it was an inside job, there would be a sound motive that supports that theory. Evidence can be hidden, but the motives of nation-states can be deduced.
There's proof that the towers fell from controlled demolition. 9/11 being an inside job is speculation; it played a large role getting the US into Iraq and we had several reasons besides 9/11 to invade/liberate Iraq. For now the motives of 9/11 attacks and going into Iraq aren't necessarily connected.
I apologize for being unclear. I never said "scapegoating another country." I said, "Killing civilians in another country and blaming it on terrorists to get the leaders of that country to help you out with said terrorists."

If they were going to kill their own citizens, why not stage a bombing in Kenya and Tanzania? Kill some Kenyans and Tanzanians. Blame it on Qaeda. Get the support of the governments and the people of Kenya and Tanzania. You suffer zero losses because the people killed weren't your own citizens.
"scapegoating another country."
You could just as easily have targeted people in another country and put the blame on a scapegoat of your choosing. One potential candidate would be the nation of Pakistan.
Terrorist attacks happen all the time, staging a terrorist attack in this case would not be grounds to go into Iraq. Why divert our resources from one focus to another with less backing?
My main point of emphasis: People in other countries are expendable; people in your country are less expendable. It is better to sacrifice those people rather than your own.

That is the mindset of governments around the world.
That's not true at all. Look at Joseph Stalin.
Sanctions were pretty cost effective. Lots of dead Iraqis, but no Americans coming back in body bags. Which ended up working in Clinton's favor. No one remembers him as a war criminal.

Well, except maybe people in Iraq, but like the U.S. government cares about that.
I meant the current Iraq war was not cost effective.
Of course, how much do you think the U.S. government needs sympathy? Both wars have been incredibly unpopular around the world. Did the plan just fail, in that case?
The US had a lot of support at the start of the Iraq war and lost it for several reasons, like terrible foreign policy. Management of the war is what failed.
You could argue that "unlikely" does not mean "impossible," and you would be right. But then, the plane theory is also not impossible, and it is, as far as I can tell, "more likely."

So, just out of curiosity, accepting that it could have been either one, how likely to do you think it was that planes hit the Towers?
No, I've proven that controlled demolition was involved in destroying the towers. And planes also hit the towers. It's all caught on film. Both, not one or the other, happened. There's no element of uncertainty.
<><><><><><>
The reason why I switched the conversation to this is that this is something we can actually debate about. I said it before (I think in this thread), but it's meaningless for us to be debating science in this thread. The simple truth is that if we were to be debating the science behind the 9/11 attacks, the result is just copying and pasting, or possibly paraphrasing from actual scientists who know what they're talking about.

No matter who is right,
Stop. I line by line addressed each post. The reason we're not talking about the science anymore is no one could disprove the controlled demolition theory science so people stopped talking about it. It's proven and I know what I'm talking about. With that said, my comment was about what El nino posted and I don't mind talking speculation.
Assuming that the government helped with 9/11, they have the power to have Al Qaeda do what they want, as they got members of Al Qaeda to fly planes into buildings, and got Bin Laden to confess to it. They could have used those resources to start a large crisis in the middle east, and use that as an excuse instead to invade Iraq. They could have even released a statement and threat from Bin Laden saying that he was going to attack the United States, and follow it up with a bombing in a US embassy somewhere in the middle east. That would have done the job just as well in terms of justifying war.
I don't agree with the government getting Al Qaeda to do what they want. Al Qaeda wants a holy war and Iraq was a good start. Iraq could have started many ways.
Wikipedia is a legitimate source. If there is something I posted which is wrong post something which proves it (such as another link). If something I posted in the link is wrong then I'll correct myself (and the wiki article).
I used it too. Although I don't consider it completely legitimate. I didn't mean anything by that comment.
I'm just saying that investigating whether or not it was a controlled demolition is not for us to do, it is for the national body of scientists to decide.
It's been done and proven controlled demolition was involved. Nothing is stopping anyone from researching something.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wouldn't consider Wiki legitimate, considering many universities fail you if you use it in essays. I know of academic things which are wrong on the site, so take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom