• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

818 Power Rankings - Updated 9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
818 Power Rankings

Updated 9/14/07

Panelists - NES/mikeHAZE/ATLUS/INKS

The San Fernando Valley is has a growing smash community with many skilled players who don't get enough recognition for their growing accomplishments. These power rankings pay tribute to the growing community in the 818 area code.

POSITION CRITERIA - WHAT IT TAKES TO BE ON THE RANKINGS

* Tournament performance - It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles and Crew performances over history and of recent times.

* Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.

* Competitiveness of Tournament participated in - No point winning a tournament filled with 100 n00bs - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either Local or Out-of-State regions will be given greater weight.

* Must be a current resident in THE (818) area code(Burbank, Glendale, North Hollywood, Panorama City, etc.).

*Activity - You can be the best player in the world, but it won't matter if you don't test your skill against others in tournaments, activity is a high priority.

*Consistency from player to player - How often does a player do against another player. One bad placing at a tournament isn't going to drastically change a players rankings, but if they are constantly bad, this will affect placement.

Feel free to discuss this, but not in a manner of immaturity that would result in the closure of this thread. If you're going to argue a players position, feel free, but support your argument such as "So and so should be ranked higher than HugS becuase he beats him consistently at tournaments," don't just argue with no facts to back them up.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
If that ****** ezynjay were to be on the rankings, he should be above inks.

Mike haze wanted to be part of a ranking system so I'm guessing that's why this 818 rankings were made. Now u can join norwalk for a ranked smashfest

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
morb should b higher
and i got an argument for you how does Haze lose to to Sick!!!!! and Kira at Rancho.and almosts loses to a random Samus player i think he took a match and loses a mm to Mr.Biiiiitches when he has the best luigi experience in thw world.but still seems to be in them rankings hmmm what about J666 *cries*lol jp love you Haze..I had to make a scene
If that ****** ezynjay were to be on the rankings, he should be above inks.
I dont think he would Jay is really good but I think Inks is better than him.maybe not in Marth dittos cause Inks hates those and Jay is real good in Dittos but i general Inks is better.No offense Jay but yeah Jay does deserve to be in there

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Jay wasn't put on there because of his inactivity. Since he's active again, so he can be put on there, but i'll say we wait till after scc.

Morb (omar) is fine were he is, nes is above him because of his accomplishments and atlus is higher than him cause most of us thought he was better. But if omar were to be more active, I'm sure he will end up being higher.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
oh yeah I haven't lost to hugo in years so that should give me some placement actually I don't think I've lost to anyone on that list in years LOL

#1T hot

=D

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Hah, the 805>818

Lets have a area code battle. Me and Plan 9 vs. your top 4! lol

Nah I'm serious, we can take it. 5 stock for each of you, 10 stock for me and Plan 9, or better yet 15 for me and 5 for Plan 9.

j/k you're too good Plan, Gimpy counter j/k XD

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry guys, but I have to close this according to the Smashboards regulations on ranking threads:

"2. Ranking threads cannot be below the size of state rankings.
This is to keep "Crew X Power Rankings" or "Small Town Y Rankings" threads from coming up. Anything below that size will be considered as spam and dealt with as such. However, in states with a high density of smashers spread out over a wide enough region, splitting a state up can be considered. As of right now, NorCal and SoCal rankings fit this description. To have a region put up for consideration of this exception, contact me with several valid reasons."

In my personal opinion, power rankings should cover the largest possible area of players that play against each other with enough regularity to develop a meaningful ranking. CA is obviously too big for this, so we have NorCal and SoCal rankings. But 818 smashers play all the other SoCal smashers frequently enough that the area doesn't warrant its own rankings. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom