• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8-Bit's Live Feed thread. (On Hiatus.....)

nevershootme

Smash Master
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/smash-live-stream

update

I'm thinking of saying **** this and i'm not gonna do it until i have better stuff to use for live streaming, cuz quality was crap and barable

End update

Alright guys, as some may have not noticed, I've began recently running live feeds for tournaments. Now there are mixed reactions on the way I run, but really, it's limited to the junk I have in my pack as far as web cameras go.

My setup is kinda lame since i'm using a basic web camera with microphones embedded on the computer. Donations may be appreciated but not needed if you want to help fund me a better camera.

So.... here are the details.

The next live feed is going be at the following places:

Gigabits Brawl 12-27-08 in Orlando, FL

Seibrik's Brawl + Melee on 1-10-09 in Hollywood, FL

I'm gonna be using ustream.tv to broadcast it. you will be seeing players faces and matches throughout the day and you do get to talk to them in person. plus record matches when i'm not using my main recorder

if you're seriously considering me to live feed any major tournament... well screw that cuz i can't afford to travel out there... unless minor donations are appreciated. thanks god ****ing meow mix.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...When the camera isn't lagging. =(

I would have loved to see it, but it was just lagging so much that I couldn't bear it. Plus, the TVs suck with their black lines going across the screen and such. It made me dizzy. @_@

nevershootme

Smash Master
dude.... i have to work with a wifi connection. so that may be hy u get lag to watch. i mean seriosuly... you can't expect me to get a perfect stream of a tournament with crappy equipment

and... tube tv's with melee is the only way. and it's called refresh rate

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm... not so good with electronics, so I have no idea why you have to use a tube TV or what the heck a refresh rate is. @_@

Sorry if that previous post sounded offensive. I didn't mean it like that. I really was getting dizzy, though....

Master Raven

Smash Master
Tube TVs (aka CRT TVs) are those old fat TVs.

Refresh rate is basically the frames per second inputted by the monitor screen, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong. CRT sets run at 60Hz I think, while it's lower on HDTVs.

I think. It's been a while since I've looked it up.

Frames

DI
8-bit come with us to TO4 and do feed there it would be so crazy

refresh rate and frame rate are different but ya its 60hz refresh rate for ntsc tvs

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Tube TVs (aka CRT TVs) are those old fat TVs.

Refresh rate is basically the frames per second inputted by the monitor screen, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong. CRT sets run at 60Hz I think, while it's lower on HDTVs.

I think. It's been a while since I've looked it up.
Oh, thanks for that. But... I don't understand why people prefer playing on tube TVs than HDTVs. I have a LCD TV in my room here and my second house has what is probably a tube TV (hey, I'm not good with TVs. :laugh:), but I don't notice a difference between the two... :confused:

nevershootme

Smash Master
8-bit come with us to TO4 and do feed there it would be so crazy

refresh rate and frame rate are different but ya its 60hz refresh rate for ntsc tvs
I dunno... it's gonna be super hard trying to pull me all the way from miami to GA. cuz I can't really blow all of my financial aid just to travel for a day.

but really. tube tv's are great since there's like 0 input lag at most... the varying degree of lag on LCD's and HDTV's vary. Well not to mention the Wii is limited to such high definition as oppose to PS3 and 360

also really... now i know just to freaking use the **** laptop to put the camera on...

Frames

DI
Oh, thanks for that. But... I don't understand why people prefer playing on tube TVs than HDTVs. I have a LCD TV in my room here and my second house has what is probably a tube TV (hey, I'm not good with TVs. :laugh:), but I don't notice a difference between the two... :confused:
hdtvs lag because they upscale the image to a higher resolution (this means when u plug in ur cube on a hdtv the tv has to stretch the picture to fit the screen). when u upscale an image it takes longer for the image to be processed and that difference in time is the lag you get, lag can very from 10-50 ms and can throw off a players timing (this is why i hate gigs sometimes **** that ****ty *** laggy tv)

nevershootme

Smash Master
The PnT we went to for brawl though was even worse, HORRIBLE lag
the ones in miami lakes were not as severe as like... the anime con tournament I was running at FIU or any humungous sized tv... i would have though brands would make a difference too..

and sooner or later... OLED's are gonna be the new hotcakes

too bad frames can't seriously sticky this. or could he???? go hack his comp...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wow, I really don't notice anything. Maybe I'm just used to playing on a LCD TV? o_O

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
STICKY THIS!!!!!

It BETTER be at the top page all day of gigs at least. Sticky it for that day, or now to get attention for it, alot of grudge matches, OOS players and money on the line.

DO I:T

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I tried setting one up for myself today so I could do the same for future tourneys. For some reason it would only show the top half of the screen though. Did the same for camcorder and VCR. :ohwell:

nevershootme

Smash Master
I tried setting one up for myself today so I could do the same for future tourneys. For some reason it would only show the top half of the screen though. Did the same for camcorder and VCR. :ohwell:
for mines... i've kinda f'ed up since, but now i'm back in business big time for my gamebridge device. does the camcorder use s-video or DV ports

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

EDIT: Bad news... I've gotten my recording device to put through live stream, but i can't record matches physically... so it's one way or the other. eat the sorry web cam quality or watch full screen from the tv. -_-

Master Raven

Smash Master
For now I would suggest getting someone else to record vids while you stream through the good quality, if you can.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so yea... inui and chudat are coming... so watch them live on action and trying to whoop people in brawl. Imma be cooking pancakes while recording too.

tell your friends from outside of florida to watch in on the action. you guys aren't cool to even recognize the awesomeness that is the internet instead of whining for where are the results, when you can watch the action live and in super awesome quality because i fixed my problems and no more watching it from the gay *** web cam i had in september gigs.

no one cares about this thread anyways -_-;

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I care. I appreciate what you do for guys like me that can't make it to FL tourneys anymore since I'm practically OOS now. Thanks.

Top Bottom