• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Well this isn't much, but it's something you could use against Cloud and something we as Cloud mains need to watch out for. Makes me wonder if there are other little intricacies like this in smash 4 that we have yet to find. Another thing you can try is to try and bait the Cloud into a pattern and punish, e.g. making them think fullhop nair -> uair/nair/bair/dj away and limit charge/ stuff is safe and then punish.

overwatch is really really really good

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well this isn't much, but it's something you could use against Cloud and something we as Cloud mains need to watch out for. Makes me wonder if there are other little intricacies like this in smash 4 that we have yet to find. Another thing you can try is to try and bait the Cloud into a pattern and punish, e.g. making them think fullhop nair -> uair/nair/bair/dj away and limit charge/ stuff is safe and then punish.

Being offstage just got a little scarier for me.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash

It's crazy how at mid level play, people rarely edge guard Cloud to begin with. Maybe at high level play is matters, but for most people, this shouldn't affect you too much.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Well all that means is to just hold on to limit longer and use it for recovering purposes should you be in a situation like that. It's honestly nothing serious aside from a new way to gimp Cloud.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It's crazy how at mid level play, people rarely edge guard Cloud to begin with. Maybe at high level play is matters, but for most people, this shouldn't affect you too much.
are you implying im a mid level player? (~_~) meh maybe
Anyway, I did say it was nothing special, and it doesn't make Cloud diitos any easier for the most part. I played with another Cloud/Shulk main for a few hours last night. It was... stressful to say the least.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Cloud dittos are stressful, no matter the skill level.
I try to avoid it by switching to other of my characters like Link or Rosalina.
Unless it's any of y'all here, then I wouldn't mind a friendly Cloud ditto.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If it's a cloud ditto I've found myself in, I first do one match to see if they're good. If they are, I'll keep dittoing, it's good practice.
Otherwise, I'll go to ganon or lucina or falcon and likely beat them down.
Because that's what you get for trying to mock me with my main.

D

Deleted member

I rather go to a different character than do a Cloud ditto. As much as I enjoy Cloud, his ditto matches are among the most stressful in my opinion.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I am more willing to do a Cloud ditto with someone on the boards than someone in For Glory. That being said, I need to actually play more Smash, since I recently been ignoring that for the boards.

I have secondaries for moments using Cloud isn't favorable.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wouldn't mind playing some friendlies with any of y'all here, though I'm not very good at competitive Smash since I only play the game just for laughs and having a good time.

But it's been like a month since I played Smash and I don't know when I'll go back to it.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I wouldn't mind playing some friendlies with any of y'all here, though I'm not very good at competitive Smash since I only play the game just for laughs and having a good time.

But it's been like a month since I played Smash and I don't know when I'll go back to it.
I don't think I am good. That's why I am not seen playing at tournaments. I never participated in one, either. I wouldn't mind seeing a tournament on Youtube or some place similar.

Speaking of friendly matches, I never actually got a friendly match request from anyone on the boards, here. That's judging from my time here and recalling from the best of my knowledge.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If any of you guys want to do some friendlies, ask on a weekend night and I might, only able to do around half an hour of training every 2 days or so due to school, but I'll be up for fighting on weekends.
I try to do competitive, but I'd rate myself as moderate at best.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So it's been confirmed that FFXV will run better on PS4 Pro. Guess I better put my other kidney up on ebay...

In other news, Kingsglaive was pretty good.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
are you implying im a mid level player? (~_~) meh maybe.
Lol no worries. Most people are at the mid-level skill range and me included (have been playing smash for a good while now, and have only been able to take a single set off of a high-level player in tournament.

And most of you guys are saying that you find Cloud dittos stressful lol. NOW YOU KNOW HOW EVERYONE ELSE FEELS WHEN PLAYING US. The Cloud ditto boils down to who plays more safe, who can keep the other Cloud above them, and who is more versed on how to gimp Cloud (you can always force a 50/50 gimp if the Cloud can't auto snap the ledge).

So it's been confirmed that FFXV will run better on PS4 Pro. Guess I better put my other kidney up on ebay...

In other news, Kingsglaive was pretty good.
By how much more will the PS4 Pro outperform the regular PS4?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got no plans to get a PS4 Pro anytime soon unless I have a 4K Ultra HD TV, which I can't afford right now. Even with this new raise I'll be getting at work, I still can't afford one except maybe a 40 in. one.

Besides, it hasn't been a full year since I bought my regular PS4 so I'm just gonna wait it out until at least FF VII remake comes out. Hopefully by then, I'll have a 4K TV and that Pro.

Also, I plan to preorder FF XV at the end of the month so I'm looking forward to that.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I got no plans to get a PS4 Pro anytime soon unless I have a 4K Ultra HD TV, which I can't afford right now. Even with this new raise I'll be getting at work, I still can't afford one except maybe a 40 in. one.

Besides, it hasn't been a full year since I bought my regular PS4 so I'm just gonna wait it out until at least FF VII remake comes out. Hopefully by then, I'll have a 4K TV and that Pro.

Also, I plan to preorder FF XV at the end of the month so I'm looking forward to that.
I don't have a 4k TV, but apparently the game will still be running better in terms of textures and rendering, so that alone is good enough for me to buy one. That, and I have a co-worker that will likely buy my old system.
BTW, where are you ordering the game? Amazon has an exclusive DLC promo coming out for it, and Prime members get 20% all physical copies of games bought in the first two weeks.

By how much more will the PS4 Pro outperform the regular PS4?
Basically a better GPU:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_vs_PS4_Pro_Comparison_Chart

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't have a 4k TV, but apparently the game will still be running better in terms of textures and rendering, so that alone is good enough for me to buy one. That, and I have a co-worker that will likely buy my old system.
BTW, where are you ordering the game? Amazon has an exclusive DLC promo coming out for it, and Prime members get 20% all physical copies of games bought in the first two weeks.
Oh, okay. But I'll still keep the regular system in the meantime.
I plan to preorder it at Best Buy. I rarely do shopping at Amazon, hence the reason I don't have Prime membership.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Honestly man, it's not worth it. If you really care about graphics, you are much better off with a PC,
Oh, I know. That's why my new PC has a 3TB hard-drive, an Intel i7 quad-core processor, and a GTX 980ti graphics card. (Still paying it off....)

If FFXV was coming for PC, I would get it for that, no doubt.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

several months later and i've returned to impart knowledge onto those who wish to seek it.

edit: reuploaded atmosphere too btw

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

several months later and i've returned to impart knowledge onto those who wish to seek it.

edit: reuploaded atmosphere too btw
Welcome back. I actually got Discord about a day or two ago.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just the regular. What comes in the Deluxe Edition?
Stuff:
  • Deluxe Edition - includes FINAL FANTASY XV game in an Exclusive Steelbook featuring artwork from Yo****aka Amano as well as the following
  • KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY movie Blu-ray
  • Royal Raiment DLC costume - Dress Noctis in Lucian formalwear fit for a king!
  • Leviathan Regalia Skin - Make waves wherever you go by detailing the Regalia with this sleek serpentine finish
  • Masamune DLC Weapon - Add the legendary Masamune to your arsenal and cut foes down to size

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try to get back into Final Fantasy 7 again through Steam. Last time I played, I had just finished Cloud's flashback to Nibelheim, but I had a question. One of the achievements is to get the last limit break for a character who I know dies at some point, and I was wondering what the best way to do that is, so I don't miss out on the achievement.

Also, is there anything else that's really important and can be missed?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm going to try to get back into Final Fantasy 7 again through Steam. Last time I played, I had just finished Cloud's flashback to Nibelheim, but I had a question. One of the achievements is to get the last limit break for a character who I know dies at some point, and I was wondering what the best way to do that is, so I don't miss out on the achievement.

Also, is there anything else that's really important and can be missed?
Getting that achievement or that limit break is honestly unecessary, especially considering that Aerith's level 2 limit breaks are straight up broken. But if you really want it, you have to get the buggy and find a cave in the near Costa Del Sol and there there will be a sleeping old man who will tell you how many battles you've fought. If the number ends in two odd numbers (i.e 311, 33, 55) he'll give you the Mythril. Take the Mythril to the weapon craftsman in the Gold Saucer Area and give it to him. He'll offer you a reward, go to the small hole in the wall in the upper floor to get Aerith's final limit break, Great Gospel. Things you don't want to miss: get all the items in the Temple of the Ancients, the Northern Crater Rim (should be easy-I think the only item that's not in plain sight is the Neo Bahamut materia, and its still easy to spot) and the Midgar sewers when you raid Midgar at the end of Disc 2 (make sure you get the D-Item materia by going all the way to end of the tunnels where you first drop in and look for the Sister Ray). Id say use a walkthrough on these sections just to make sure you don't miss anything. Other than that, I'm going to once again recommend the Reunion mod to everybody here. I promise it's worth a replay of an already great game! :4cloud:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Speaking of achievements, I was looking through the list of that on the PS4 version of the game the other day to see what I've gotten during my two playthroughs when I learned the one in which you can get Don Corneo to pick Cloud over Tifa and Aerith at his mansion. How can you actually get him to do that because I would love to see that happen in my next playthrough?

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Speaking of achievements, I was looking through the list of that on the PS4 version of the game the other day to see what I've gotten during my two playthroughs when I learned the one in which you can actually get Don Corneo to pick Cloud over Tifa and Aerith at his mansion. How can you get him to do that because I would love to see that happen in my next playthrough?
All these noobs... You have to get other beautifying items besides the dress and wig, and get the best dress and wig.
Here's how: http://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Walkthrough/Disc-1/03-Wall-Market.html

:/

Top Bottom