• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Eh, I'm not gonna bother repeating myself why I like playing as Cloud.
If people want to be so hostile towards us Cloud mains with their bias or whatever, then let them. Ignore them and don't waste your time with them.
Yeah, I have already seen some videos on Youtube where people complains about Cloud being in Smash, and it's not just Sony gamers. Those who had hope for fan requested characters were also upset. So yeah, who gives a ****?
Sure, Cloud is "fun to play as" or "feels right to me" or "he fits my playstyle" or whatever but all **** ain't good enough for me. So, like any other new character I try out and enjoy, I want to play their game in order to get to know that character better. In this case, I enjoy playing as Cloud a lot that I want to play FFVII to get to know who he is as a character and what his background is. Now that I played the game and enjoyed it through the end, I now have more reasons to play as Cloud and therefore I ain't never dropping him. And if I liked playing as said character but could not play his or her game because I either could not find the time and effort to play it or didn't like it, I would have to drop that character. That's how I do it.
Similar to how I ended up sticking with Shulk. When he was first revealed I was actually salty about it. Because it confirmed the roster leak was real. Which included Bowser Jr., the character that personally think that shouldn't be in Smash (I do have some legit reasons why too). And obviously he was kind of suck when I use him at the launch of Smash 3ds. Later I watched Let's Plays of Xenoblade and eventually played the game. Man the game was awesome. Also with Shulk getting buffs, I started to use him a lot in casual battles. Just like how ZeRo starts to use Shulk.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
So what happens if Cloud got the same treatment as Bayonetta? what next you go calling Ryu OP because True Shoryu kills early?
The thing about true shoryuken is that its an input, one with requires practice and skill to perform consistently, and cloud...

Hey, dont get mad at me. You practically handed me that one on a silver platter.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm going to say something here and I hope nobody gets offended with what I have to say. Ghidorah14 Ghidorah14 I can see why people get salty and get upset with Cloud. Cloud has alot of kill power and I'm probably the only person who is going to say this in this thread but, yes I do think our boii Cloud needs a nerf, this is just my opinion in general (I think other characters need nerfs as well) I do not think that Cloud is brain dead.. I really don't think no character in this game is brain dead Cloud has some flaws as a character just like everyone else. This is just my opinion you don't have to pay any attention to this post after you read it lol.

Speaking of nerfs I remember last time I said something about "Cloud and Nerfs" someone got very hostile towards me about the subject and I never really understood why. I don't see why people act like it's the end of the world if a character gets nerfed. Nerfs aren't even that bad imo and I think it's actually good for nerfs/buffs it keeps the game fresh.

Tino Tino I remember last time we talked you said you were going to play Final Fantasy 7 once again. Well, what are you playing it on? PS1, Steam or PS4? If you are playing it on PS4 could you add me? My username is Skyfox3000 and I would love to talk to you outside of Smashboards.. (You're also the one here I respect the most lol)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino I remember last time we talked you said you were going to play Final Fantasy 7 once again. Well, what are you playing it on? PS1, Steam or PS4? If you are playing it on PS4 could you add me? My username is Skyfox3000 and I would love to talk to you outside of Smashboards.. (You're also the one here I respect the most lol)
I'm playing it on my PS4. And sure, I'll add you. Mines is faustinorojo. I haven't been using my PS4 much besides replaying VII but I'll do my best to stay in touch. And that's such a huge honor, man. Lots of respect to you as well. :)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Speaking of nerfs I remember last time I said something about "Cloud and Nerfs" someone got very hostile towards me about the subject and I never really understood why. I don't see why people act like it's the end of the world if a character gets nerfed. Nerfs aren't even that bad imo and I think it's actually good for nerfs/buffs it keeps the game fresh.
I remember lurking around here when 1.1.6 first hit, before we knew only bayo had been touched. I saw people in this forum who were actually disappointed that cloud had not been buffed in some way. Someone even lamented that his recovery didnt get buffed! Like WTF!

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Hey Cloud fans, just a question. How likely do you think it is for Cloud to return in Smash 5? And if he does, do you think he will have more content with him like an assist trophy, stickers and etc??

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey Cloud fans, just a question. How likely do you think it is for Cloud to return in Smash 5? And if he does, do you think he will have more content with him like an assist trophy, stickers and etc??
Seems unlikely that he would return in Smash 5 depending on whether or not Square Enix will be up for it, but me personally, I would love to see him back again. If that's gonna be the case, then I do hope they would add more music from FFVII, trophies of Cloud, Tifa, Aerith and the rest of his crew. As for assist trophy characters, either Tifa or Aerith would be good choices.

Well that's on my wishlist for more VII content in the next Smash if Cloud does make a return. But right now, it's too soon to speculate on the matter as we will have to wait until at least 3 more years for a new Smash installment.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
And that is IF there is another Smash, and considering the quality of Smash WIIU/3DS, not to mention Sakurai-san's health issues, I sincerely hope there won't be another, because how on earth do they top what they did with this game? I mean, with Cloud, Ryu, Mega Man and Bayonetta, the only thing I could see topping that would be Lara Croft getting in, and that's not happening. So as far as I'm concerned, I hope that this is the last Smash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That is a good point. It wouldn't be easy to make another Smash game as amazing as Sm4sh turned out along with all the DLCs included. Whether or not if another Smash game will be possible, I'm completely satisfied with the result Sm4sh has.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
1. I hope that the lower tiers get buffed before the higher tiers get nerfed. No matter how heavily some characters get nerfed, the bad ones will still stay bad. That's my two cents.
2. If anything, I'll be surprised if we even get an Remastered edition of Sm4sh for the NX. If there's no GCN controller support, I'm not sure I even could play it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wouldn't even begin to imagine "Smash 5" right now! It's a for sure we will be getting one but, maybe not for a real long, long time. I don't think Smash NX is not really going to be anything but a simple port with all the DLC included and maybe just maybe if we are lucky maybe more soundtracks.

Cloud being in Smash 5 is if Square Enix is still on bored. Same goes for other 3rd Party Characters. I really liked the selection of 3rd Party Characters that were selected for this game. I would be very sad if any of them gets cut. I'll be here for Smash 5 in the support group for Cloud supporting him to the very end of the games development (just like I did for Snake... R.I.P :snake:)

But, in all seriousness though I would really like to see another Balance Patch.:smash::smash::smash:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
This may sound hypocritical, but I hope if there is a patch, Cloud doesn't get Bayonetta'd. I mean, sure a nerf or two won't ruin him, but if he gets gutted outright, it'll be hard to produce any real results with him.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
IF there's a smash 5, I'd love for cloud to come back, and bring things like tifa, aerith, and sephiroth trophies with him.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Well I said it a long time ago, but I main Link and Cloud and with Link especially every patch has always been a nerf or buff for him so I was constantly having to adapt and change up my playstyle accordingly. Since launch until now I still use Link and it may be considered character loyalty, but since Link is one of my favorite gaming characters and I love the Legend of Zelda series I didn't care what happened to him I still kept playing Link. Cloud is similar in that aspect of character loyalty. I played him since he was released and despite the nerfs still used him because honestly I couldn't give a **** less about nerfs, I'm still going to use the characters I love playing regardless of the changes they receive.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well if I have to be honest, whether or not a Smash 5 is a guarantee, it wouldn't make a difference to me anyways. The Wii U and PS4 will be the last home consoles I'll ever buy as I have no interest whatsoever in buying the NX or any of the new gen consoles at all. I'm completely satisfied with everything I have right now. Not to mention I transformed my bedroom into a gaming room. lol

And on topic of buffs and nerfs, well... CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 summed it all up for me. When it comes to character loyalty, I feel the same way he does about Cloud and Link. This also applies to my other main, Rosalina & Luma.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
This may sound hypocritical, but I hope if there is a patch, Cloud doesn't get Bayonetta'd. I mean, sure a nerf or two won't ruin him, but if he gets gutted outright, it'll be hard to produce any real results with him.
I completely disagree. If Cloud was nerfed to the point that most people would drop him (like Bayo) that would truly let me as a Cloud player grow and force myself to optimize my gameplay. Blaming your results on a character is the last thing you should do (some people have amazing results with mid tier and lower characters like Lucas, Robin, Marth, Falcon, etc.). A Cloud nerf would only mean that people would complain about the next perceived "best character" in the game and remove the stigma (on Cloud). It's not like I outright want it, but nerfing him would almost motivate me to improve as a Cloud main. As far as nerfs, as long as you kept the frame data on his normals, I would be ok with almost literally any nerf.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't think I can wait another month for Final Fantasy 15. I'm really exicted for that game. It looks like I have no choice though...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Anyone on here waiting for RWBY Volume 4 to come out in October? I know I'm super-hyped.
Just outta curiosity.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Oh lord.

I said in my post it wasn't my first time playing Cloud, let alone playing sm4sh. I was rusty, yeah, but I wouldn't call London Ontario a difficult region to beat (I'd say that's a wake-up call for many players though if I can come back and cream most of them).

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Oh lord.

I said in my post it wasn't my first time playing Cloud, let alone playing sm4sh. I was rusty, yeah, but I wouldn't call London Ontario a difficult region to beat (I'd say that's a wake-up call for many players though if I can come back and cream most of them).
I'd put down money in that situation, if you used Cloud or Fox, you would have gotten similar results. Though it is easier to just play safe and just win by punishing your opponents mistakes with Cloud over Fox if you were rusty. You being better than the ppl at your region was the biggest factor in you winning.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh, I know. Just lost a close match against her as Mewtwo thanks to a clutch Witch Time into three-hit jab into fully charged upsmash.

I need a hug... and a new controller...
I have got some defeat when I use Cloud to fight against my brother's Bayonetta. Don't be sad.

I need a new phone honestly. My current Redmi phone can't take Smashboards and that much browser page.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'd put down money in that situation, if you used Cloud or Fox, you would have gotten similar results. Though it is easier to just play safe and just win by punishing your opponents mistakes with Cloud over Fox if you were rusty. You being better than the ppl at your region was the biggest factor in you winning.
You are exactly right. It's a big wakeup call for these players if I can come back and beat them after a couple months break.

The player I lost to in Losers actually improved quite a bit. He surprised me because the last time we played he was using Mario; he pulled out a Villager on me instead. Funny enough, I ended up going Fox in game 3, but lost to him game 4 due to nerves. Goes to show that it's essential to practice, even if you play an "easy" character.

BTW, I asked in the MU thread but never received a response: how to play against Villager as Cloud? Would someone help me out here?

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
BTW, I asked in the MU thread but never received a response: how to play against Villager as Cloud? Would someone help me out here?
Wish I could help you but I really don't have much MU experience aside from playing randoms online. My best guess would be to stay in shield alot since Villager has a lack luster grab game, and to try using dtilt alot to duck under his/her projectiles and catch his landings (especially since they love to SH fair alot). Have you tried looking up some footage of komorikiri vs Ranai?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
This Saturday we're getting a new character reveal for Dissidia and according to the dev's it's a character not seen in a previous title so that's going to be neat.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
On the subject of Cloud returning to Smash 5 if it ever does come out. Please give the series more music from Final Fantasy 7 and maybe even from the other Final Fantasy games as well. For a game that has sold 11+ million and a series that has sold 115+ million and you manage to have only 2 songs?! If the problem is music from a non-Nintendo game, you already have 2 songs from a non-Nintendo game and even then, there are plenty of Final Fantasy music from the NES and SNES consoles so...
Isn't that what happened with Mighty No. 9?
As a Mega Man fan, I can't tell you how hyped I was when I first heard that the "former" creator of Mega Man was putting up a kickstarter for Mighty No. 9 as the spiritual successor to Mega Man, and then it sank to the bottom of mediocrity. That was one massive train wreck that ended up spewing out a lot of controversy, anger, betrayal, and memes.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
For that new Dissidia character reveal on Saturday, I'm guessing it's going to be Auron, Balthier, Vivi or Noctis.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Welp the Dissidia Stream just ended and we finally got our new character... Ace from Final Fantasy Type 0
We also got what seems to be the games version of Chaos and Cosmos.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
LMFAO y'all so I lost my 3DS for 7 months or so which is why I suddenly hopped off of Smashboards (that and the Bayonetta drama oh christ) but now I found it

only to find Cloud drama but who cares tbh...they're never happy lol

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
It's crazy how everyone was so hyped over Cloud (the DLC announcement to get the most excitement by far) and now everyone hates him because he's is perceived as easy to play or brain dead. People just hate to admit that they got outplayed by "random cloud 123" in bracket so let's just blame the character instead.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
LMFAO y'all so I lost my 3DS for 7 months or so which is why I suddenly hopped off of Smashboards (that and the Bayonetta drama oh christ) but now I found it

only to find Cloud drama but who cares tbh...they're never happy lol
Let the haters hate. I don't regret playing as Cloud.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I decided to play as Cloud from the very beginning because I like him as a character and now I get hate for it...not my fault he's at the top now :^)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Mr.Clouds, could i possible have some help with FF7

I just got up to the old mining town near the rail road (North and something) and i have no idea what to do now. Any help

:135:

Top Bottom