• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So how many characters have been confirmed for the new Dissidia game so far? Are the characters from Final Fantasy XV gonna be in there?
It wouldn't surprise me if one of them is included. It would be a missed opportunity not to include a character from the latest entry, and one that is shaping up to be a popular one might I add.

D

Deleted member

So how many characters have been confirmed for the new Dissidia game so far? Are the characters from Final Fantasy XV gonna be in there?
We have one character each from the 14 mainline FF titles, plus Ramza, Garland, and Kefka.
So far there are 17 characters confirmed, but there are plans to bring back everyone that was in a Dissidia game. I heard that a character from XV is a strong possibility.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
We have one character each from the 14 mainline FF titles, plus Ramza, Garland, and Kefka.
So far there are 17 characters confirmed, but there are plans to bring back everyone that was in a Dissidia game. I heard that a character from XV is a strong possibility.
My understanding is that they plan to use DLC quite extensively. I don't recall where I saw it, and I'm sure I'm misquoting someone, but I think one of their producers said he wouldn't be satisfied with less than fifty characters.

Edit: Found it in the wiki:
"Upon the game's initial release, its cast of playable characters will only be 14[10], however, it is the developers' goal to eventually include over 50 with a series of updates to come post release.[11] The developers have even said that once the 50 characters are finished, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". They also wish for all characters playable in the previous Dissidia titles to return.[12]

Takeo Kujiraoka and Yosuke Hayashi of Team Ninjaare considering adding Noctis Lucis Caelum after the release of Final Fantasy XV.[13]Tetsuya Nomura has said he'd like to see Minwu in the game, but there has been no statement from the development staff on his inclusion otherwise.[14] Team Ninja has also stated it has no plans to include Dead or Alive characters."

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I doubt that the summons are included, but if they were, then it would be 23. If not, then there's a long way to go until the 50 mark, and I'd be surprised if there is no representation from FFXV.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I know, I know. I was talking about overall, but I messed up with how I wrote it. I'm tired of screwing up.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
So my SD card broke. Wonderful. I was playing Golden sun on that thing and I was half way finished with it. I still have the little chip inside the SD card, but I don't want to start over. So is it possible for me to open another SD card, replace the chips and then put it in my Wii U?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
About dissidia. The game will retain some core elements from the previous Dissidia games. The developers' goal is to eventually include over 50 characters with a series of updates and among these characters they plan to add all of the characters from previous titles. The developers have even said that once the 50 characters are finished, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". Takeo Kujiraoka and Yosuke Hayashi of Team Ninja are considering adding Noctis after the release of Final Fantasy XV. Tetsuya Nomura has said he'd like to see Minwu in the game, but there has been no statement from the development staff on his ( Nocits and Minwu's ) inclusion otherwise.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
About dissidia. The game will retain some core elements from the previous Dissidia games. The developers' goal is to eventually include over 50 characters with a series of updates and among these characters they plan to add all of the characters from previous titles. The developers have even said that once the 50 characters are finished, they would like to include even more as to them "50 feels like a small number". Takeo Kujiraoka and Yosuke Hayashi of Team Ninja are considering adding Noctis after the release of Final Fantasy XV. Tetsuya Nomura has said he'd like to see Minwu in the game, but there has been no statement from the development staff on his ( Nocits and Minwu's ) inclusion otherwise.
Echo...Echo...Echo...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sorry to change the subject, but I went to another tournament, and jeeeesus, people really hate our character. And literally everybody has a pocket Cloud. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm happy that Cloud is good, but I hate how everybody uses him and leads everybody to hate him.

also i got FE fates and its sooo fun why didn't i get into this series before

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Smash community is such a toxic place to be in. They don't know **** about how to just play Smash and have fun.
And I highly doubt that those who "main" or pocket Cloud even played FFVII.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Smash community is such a toxic place to be in. They don't know **** about how to just play Smash and have fun.
And I highly doubt that those who "main" or pocket Cloud even played FFVII.
Definitely.

I honestly don't like playing as characters if I haven't played as them before or if I haven't played one of their games. I don't do as well if I don't have a connection with the character. I played FF7, Cloud is awesome, and I main him.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Sorry to change the subject, but I went to another tournament, and jeeeesus, people really hate our character. And literally everybody has a pocket Cloud. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm happy that Cloud is goos, but I hate how everybody uses him and leads everybody to hate him.

also i got FE fates and its sooo fun why didn't i get into this series before
That's good for them. If there not winning, then they are obviously going to cry about it.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
In my area im the only actual Cloud main and the only one that does well with him. Everyone else who has a "pocket" cloud never does well or gets 0-2 in bracket, and alot of people have been just dropping him. So Clouds are kinda rare in my area, but people still hate Cloud even tho Im practically the only one at this point.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really do main Cloud as well and I ain't never dropping him. He's one of two of my holy grail.

D

Deleted member

I'm not dropping Cloud. Even if he does get nerfed, I'll still play him because he is so fun to play as and he's CLOUD STRIFE!
I just don't like how people are now bashing on him... but what can we do really? Well... other than body the naysayers.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Well its been 2 months since the last patch so I imagine we might be getting one soon. I wouldnt be surprised if Cloud is hit with a heavy nerf hammer.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
The way Cloud is now he doesn't need a nerf, and even if he does get one the only thing I can see being nerfd is LCS that's about it. I sure miss the days when people learned a MU for a character instead of being lazy and ***** about it ( not targeting anyone specific ) hoping for a specific character to be alternated.

D

Deleted member

The way Cloud is now he doesn't need a nerf, and even if he does get one the only thing I can see being nerfd is LCS that's about it. I sure miss the days when people learned a MU for a character instead of being lazy and ***** about it ( not targeting anyone specific ) hoping for a specific character to be alternated.
I honestly have a love-hate relationship with the patches.
I love patches because there are certain things that needed to be nerfed in this game. I can't say that Diddy Kong having an easy down throw to up air combo that can kill early is fair, along with Bayonetta being able to zero-to-death anyone without consequence. Patches can help balance the game in many ways and they can help with buffing bottom tiers, for example Mewtwo; Mewtwo was seen as a bottom tier character until he got all of those buffs and Abadango won with him at Pound.
I hate patches because I think the community has grown greedy towards them and are acting petty. You don't like fighting against Cloud? You could either 1. learn the MU or 2. complain and pray to Sakurai that he nerfs Cloud. Of course, the former is way too hard, so let's start an uproar!
It's just a vicious cycle really. What will happen if Cloud gets nerfed? The community will make fun of Cloud mains and start targeting the next character, like Ryu or Mario. The thing is, in a fighting game, there have to be top tiers and bottom tiers; perfect balance is impossible. I mean, if Cloud gets nerfed I won't be surprised (I can see LCS get nerfed), but I find Cloud to be inoffensive compared to Diddy or Bayonetta.

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
To be honest, patches help the game more then any sort of harm, that some people may say it does.
After all, it is "usually", a person's fault if the do not wish to learn a match-up and ask for nerfs instead.

Even without patches, they would still not try to learn the match-up and just ask tourneys to ban Cloud (or any character) they do not wish to deal with. ( see Bayonetta )

You are correct in saying they would target the next character, as that is what happens in a fighting game or any competitive game.

So, for me, I enjoy patches.
I adds more to the game and gets more brain juices flowing and discussion.

There is nothing wrong with Cloud as far as I can see.
The only things that I think that would be fair to nerf on Cloud, would be Limit Cross Slash and/or the speed boost he gets by having full Limit.
Other then that he is great and a worthy high tier. Even with these nerfs he would still be great and fun to play.
I know I enjoy him as a secondary or pocket. (Trying to get better with him, as I play Mario the most)

Sorry you guys get unfairly dumped on about Cloud.
I hope it goes well for you all, as you play as him.

I did this picture for you guys here, so it could maybe give you a chuckle or two.

Yells at Cloud.jpg

Have fun with it. :4mario:

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Yo what's up guys, I was on hiatus from Smash for about half a year. I came back and was like "dang cloud is good imma play him" and now I'm here.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
While I'm glad the characters I play don't get hit with nerfs or are hardly hit, I really don't care about patches in the grand scheme of things.

As I've said before, I don't play Cloud or any of my other characters because of their "viability" in competitive or whatever (I honestly couldn't care less about competitive, PERIOD). I play them because I like them, plain and simple.
Yo what's up guys, I was on hiatus from Smash for about half a year. I came back and was like "dang cloud is good imma play him" and now I'm here.
How's it going, man?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
While I'm glad the characters I play don't get hit with nerfs or are hardly hit, I really don't care about patches in the grand scheme of things.

As I've said before, I don't play Cloud or any of my other characters because of their "viability" in competitive or whatever (I honestly couldn't care less about competitive, PERIOD). I play them because I like them, plain and simple.

How's it going, man?
I'm good man. I feel ya about playing characters you like because you like them. When I first heard Cloud had gotten really good, I was surprised and kind of scared to try him, because I thought I'd be judged. I ended up really liking Cloud, more than I had before my break.

D

Deleted member

I'm never dropping Cloud. He's ****ing Cloud Strife. That alone makes him viable.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm with ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ 100 percent. Character "viability" or some other tournament bull**** mean absolutely nothing to me. Balance patches means absolutely nothing to me. I don't give a **** about competitive Smash in general. Never have been and it sure as hell never will. I main my characters simply because I've played their games and I like them as characters (or perhaps even love them). I wouldn't be maining those I play as if I was lying.

And while I do play some 1-on-1's from time to time whether it's on a **** hole like For Glory or with friends, I do it only just to have fun. Nothing more to it. Not interested in learning character matchups or learn strengths and weaknesses. None of that. If I win, then I'll give myself a pat on the back. If I lose, then oh well.

That being said, as I've mentioned before, I ain't never dropping my characters. Not now, not ever.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm never dropping Cloud. He's ****ing Cloud Strife. That alone makes him viable.
Cloud is probably the best character I use for Smash. Using him for a long time made my Mario, Rosalina, and Shulk rusty...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Almost a week seems to have been the longest that this thread, which I will always call home, has been silent. I guess I must've scared everyone off with that last post I made. heh

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Almost a week seems to have been the longest that this thread, which I will always call home, has been silent. I guess I must've scared everyone off with that last post I made. heh
Nothing wrong with using a character you like. That's why I want people in Smash to enjoy who they play as, regardless of casual or competitive play.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Definitely.

I honestly don't like playing as characters if I haven't played as them before or if I haven't played one of their games. I don't do as well if I don't have a connection with the character. I played FF7, Cloud is awesome, and I main him.
I'm the same way man lol.

You guys are da best

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I must say I'm proud to call this thread my home.

I consider Cloud mains who have played FFVII as legit SOLDIER first class.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I must say I'm proud to call this thread my home.

I consider Cloud mains who have played FFVII as legit SOLDIER first class.
You too, bud.

So I'm stuck in an argument with some random stranger in the YouTube comments section, who is insistent that Cloud is the #1 top tier character in all of Smash, using unverified quotes from a few pros like DaBuzz (or something like that) to back his claims.
Anyone have some counter-arguments?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Cloud has a strong case for being the #1 best character of the game tho.
Quotes or not, the fact he has stupid good hitboxes, very very few bad matchups and already one Major Tournament win is a big argument.
:196:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anybody know where I could find Advent Children at? I plan to watch the movie after I finish FFVII soon.
I'm also hoping to play Crisis Core someday, assuming if I can find a PSP at a cheap price.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Anybody know where I could find Advent Children at? I plan to watch the movie after I finish FFVII soon.
I'm also hoping to play Crisis Core someday, assuming if I can find a PSP at a cheap price.
Amazon, Hastings (or your local equivalent), or maybe go digital on PSN?
Just make sure it's the complete version.

Top Bottom