• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
If Zack Fair was a clone of Cloud differences
Limit charged slightly faster
Limit moves are overall weaker tho
Finishing touch is healing wave instead which heals Zack by 15%
Zack is faster, but lighter with overall weaker moves
Zacks recovery is slightly better and can autosnap

If Zack was a semi clone tho
Side B is Beat rush, he rushes forward like in his angeal limit and hits them multiple times in the chest, the hit only activates if it connects with the opponent
Up B is jump which goes higher and auto snaps but the second hit is similar to dair (The move is based off the jump skill)
Jab is his 1-2-3 hit combo in Crisis Core
Fsmash is one hit instead of 3 (looks like clouds but without the first 2 hits)
Uptilt looks more like Ikes
Neutral B is fire, he casts fire that homes in on targets, is decently fast
Down B is limit
Limit Up B just goes higher and does more damage
Limit Side B is stronger than the default and ends with a strong uppercut
Limit Down B is healing wave which heals Zack 15%
Limit Neutral B is a stronger version of Fira that is huge and deals a ton of damage but little kb and doesnt go far
Zack is slightly slower than cloud in run speed
Taunt 1 is a squat
Taunt 2, Zack swings his sword onto his back and shouts thanks
Taunt 3, Revs himself up and shouts "Im on fire now"

Colors
Default Black
Red
Blue
Green
White
Purple
Pink
Brown

made this cause why not

Zack pls be an alt in smash 5 if Cloud comes back

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'm more so hoping Zack makes it into the new Dissidia arcade game as a playable character. I can see him having some similarities to Cloud, but overall different moveset and EX moves, but that's just wishful thinking at this point.

D

Deleted member

I hope Zack gets in Dissidia as well. He's such a fantastic character, especially with how he was handled in Crisis Core.

I think Zack can be completely different from Cloud to be honest. The game is being developed by Tecmo Koei, who also made Hyrule Warriors. Despite the massive roster in that game, no character or weapon was similar to each other (minus the swords and Master Sword Link uses, I don't count that). So, if they could make every character feel unique in that game, I bet they will do the same for the new Dissidia and give Zack a completely unique moveset.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The reason why I loved the trailer so much is because it just screamed adventure and freedom. You can tell by just the trailer that the world is going to be massive. and the music that played during the trailer.

Did you know that after you wake up from the shrine of resurrection, you can go straight towards the final boss? That sounds like a pretty solid challenge.

If we are talking about who the best character in the game is, I'd have to say that its :4mario:. He has literally everything he needs to take on any type of character.
Mario is just so balance and also an easy character to use, and he rarely had any changes over the past patches.
However I don't say he's the best character but he is the character that can adapt in almost any match ups.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So is this new Dissidia game will only be an arcade exclusive or is there any chance they'll be porting it to consoles as well?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So is this new Dissidia game will only be an arcade exclusive or is there any chance they'll be porting it to consoles as well?
I believe they've already said it's coming to PS4 in Japan. It's kind of the norm nowadays.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I believe they've already said it's coming to PS4 in Japan. It's kind of the norm nowadays.
Damn I'm hoping to play that one someday. I don't have a PSP or anything to play the older Dissidia games either.
Made this for your using pleasure

I take it you made that avatar yourself too?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Looks like Tino Tino finally saw the light and changed his main to SOLDIER Cloud.

Also guys, look at this! @Kevandre made this for me!
upload_2016-6-18_18-16-46.png

There's also one of Sephiroth which is cool too.
upload_2016-6-18_18-17-34.png

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
-m0 -m0 No, I've always seen the light. Just cuz I started using his SOLDIER outfit doesn't mean I stopped using his Cloudy Wolf one, which is still the best. I'll use either one of the other whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Ok so after doing a lot of thinking, I have finally come up with a tier list of the best to the worst characters in my opinion. Miner characters may be out of place but I think I placed them well over all. I apologize if you don't like the placements of a character, but again its my own list. That being said.
upload_2016-6-18_18-8-17.png

The list should be read from left to right. For example :039: is the worst character In the game and :mario:is the best with :4cloud2: coming in second.

This is something I did for fun-ish.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
-m0 -m0 No, I've always seen the light. Just cuz I started using his SOLDIER outfit doesn't mean I stopped using his Cloudy Wolf one, which is still the best. I'll use either one of the other whenever I feel like it.
Yeah dude, I gotchu. Just messin
RebelXII RebelXII Pretty good, but is Ike that low? And I don't think Ganon's awful, per se...

Also I'll finally be able to return to tournaments now that summer's here. Next one I'm going to meet with the person who got me into competitive Smash (long story) who is the best in his general area at Melee (there's a lot of people who play it in the area), but he's only played Sm4sh a couple times. We haven't seen each other in a while, so we're just gonna play tons of friendlies and catch up while I teach him the game. The student becomes the teacher, heh...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ok so after doing a lot of thinking, I have finally come up with a tier list of the best to the worst characters in my opinion. Miner characters may be out of place but I think I placed them well over all. I apologize if you don't like the placements of a character, but again its my own list. That being said.
View attachment 110350
The list should be read from left to right. For example :039: is the worst character In the game and :mario:is the best with :4cloud2: coming in second.

I would put Mario in the "good" section if I were you.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
View attachment 110350

I like it, but Fox should be higher, and Cloud should be lower.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Yeah dude, I gotchu. Just messin
RebelXII RebelXII Pretty good, but is Ike that low? And I don't think Ganon's awful, per se...

Also I'll finally be able to return to tournaments now that summer's here. Next one I'm going to meet with the person who got me into competitive Smash (long story) who is the best in his general area at Melee (there's a lot of people who play it in the area), but he's only played Sm4sh a couple times. We haven't seen each other in a while, so we're just gonna play tons of friendlies and catch up while I teach him the game. The student becomes the teacher, heh...
I would put Mario in the "good" section if I were you.
I like it, but Fox should be higher, and Cloud should be lower.
Alright first off -m0 -m0 I put Ike there because Ike is not a bad character, but he does have some issues like speed and recovery issues. like I said he is pretty good though. And Ganondorf is pretty bad compared too the rest of the cast. Yeah he is strong as hell, but that's about it. Also, make sure you tell Cloud is a beast. AND MAKE SURE HE DOES NOT MAIN :rosalina:!!!!

JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud huh... This Is one of those misplaced characters I guess. I mean fox is good but he is not anything AMAZING if you know what I mean. I guess I would put him in the start of the good category. But Cloud stays.

mario123007 mario123007 I understand where your coming from your preference as a Mario main but I will give you all my reasons for placing him as best later if its ok with you. I'm not going to attack you, I'm just going to give you my reasons.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
This Is one of those misplaced characters I guess. I mean fox is good but he is not anything FENOMINAL if you know what I mean. I guess I would put him in the start of the good category. But Cloud stays.
1. It's "phenomenal."
2. Fox is good. Really good, in the right hands. Perfect pivoting opens up serious options for him.
3. I think you're over-hyping Cloud a bit. Yes, he's very good. But he's not Top 5. At least not while Rosalina, Sheik, ZSS, Mario, and Ryu (oh gods, Ryu) exist. Not saying Cloud is bad or that the characters I listed are bad for him, but that they have more favorable MUs than Cloud does, and said MUs are skewed more in their favor.
Cloud is Top 6-10, imo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
mario123007 mario123007 I understand where your coming from your preference as a Mario main but I will give you all my reasons for placing him as best later if its ok with you. I'm not going to attack you, I'm just going to give you my reasons.
As a Mario main you though I would put him as the best but...to me he is only "good", it really depends on how you use Mario.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
They're here guys. The mods are here. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! :troll: In spite of my earlier trepidation, I am filled with hype. This might get me to buy a Wii U cause nobody seems to want to make a method for 3DS.
These players are ****ing horrible lmao

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They're here guys. The mods are here. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! :troll: In spite of my earlier trepidation, I am filled with hype. This might get me to buy a Wii U cause nobody seems to want to make a method for 3DS.
These players are ****ing horrible lmao
I'm fine there's no mod for the 3DS

And has anyone happened like this before? I got the same result with Mewtwo on the final battle of Smash Run I still got first place.
WVW69jAmoRMY51NuJF.jpg

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm fine there's no mod for the 3DS

And has anyone happened like this before? I got the same result with Mewtwo on the final battle of Smash Run I still got first place.
View attachment 110567
It probably goes to Sudden Death if you are playing against real players. Also how did you get that screenshot? As far a I know, you can't screenshot the lower screen... Do you have a capture card?

And I'm not fine... I want my custom textures/music too! cricricri

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It probably goes to Sudden Death if you are playing against real players. Also how did you get that screenshot? As far a I know, you can't screenshot the lower screen... Do you have a capture card?
you

And I'm not fine... I want my custom textures/music too! cricricri
Your saying about local play right? I think it does go into Sudden Death if two players ending up the same results. It rarely happened though so I don't know.

Uh…you can capture the bottom screen by posting it to your Miiverse's screenshot album.

There are custom mod themes for 3DS already. I had checked a website that has many mod 3DS themes.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I know this is rather unrelated, but I found something interesting. I was listening to Exdeath's voice in Dissidia on the PSP, and I thought the voice to be very familiar, and it was. The gentleman who voices Exdeath in Dissidia also voices M Bison in Street Fighter, Gerald Rivers. Also in Dissidia the voice of Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening, Laura Bailey, also voices Cloud of Darkness from FF III and Chun Li in the Street Fighter series, and Yuri Lowenthal, the voice of Luka in the Bayonetta games, voices Cecil from FF IV.
Also, I'm predicting that the Emperor will be revealed as the next addition to the arcade version of Dissidia.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I know this is rather unrelated, but I found something interesting. I was listening to Exdeath's voice in Dissidia on the PSP, and I thought the voice to be very familiar, and it was. The gentleman who voices Exdeath in Dissidia also voices M Bison in Street Fighter, Gerald Rivers. Also in Dissidia the voice of Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening, Laura Bailey, also voices Cloud of Darkness from FF III and Chun Li in the Street Fighter series, and Yuri Lowenthal, the voice of Luka in the Bayonetta games, voices Cecil from FF IV.
Also, I'm predicting that the Emperor will be revealed as the next addition to the arcade version of Dissidia.
I recognized laura bailey and Yuri lowenthel.They'd voiced various anime and video games I'd watched and played.they are good actors .

Last edited:

Juno97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenkenjin
Sooooo I've been like, not hanging around here for a LONG while

just to let people know, some of you may know the user called @Chalice

Yeah, well, I'm that guy. I'm mainly using this account that I've never used until now because I've decided to fully stick on the Gamer Tag I actually use in tourney. Chalice is the name I use for other games like League but I started my Sm4sh journey with Juno/Jun0/OkamiJun0

Plus, I've posted some dumb stuff and even told people like, "I'm full :4ryu: main now"

Well, while Ryu is good, and I can pull off consistent TSRK kills with whatever move that links into it, I have to keep reminding myself not to play with my old controller scheme and, since my old controller scheme is the one I spent the most time with, it keeps coming out there and there and I know it will hurt me in the long run.

So here I am back to the basics and taking the mentality and footsie game I learned from :4ryu: into my good ol' :4fox: and :4cloud:. I'm reborn boys and back better than ever. Plus, the Fox boards are usually dead so...... xD

(Btw my old controller scheme uses Tap Jump and Ryu is BAD with Tap Jump)

Last edited:

Juno97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenkenjin
1.) You can sometimes misinput a Jump when trying to do True Shoryuken, resulting in Aerial True Shoryuken which is much weaker than grounded

2.) You can only rapidly do weak Uptilt when holding Up on the Control Stick and mash the Attack button
- This means you can misinput Jump if you use Tap Jump
- The only other way to rapidly do weak Uptilt without the Attack button is holding up and rapidly flicking up with Tilt C Stick. Again, you can misinput a Jump due to Ryu's buffer system (Note: This method only does rapid weak Uptilts when you hit something. Many times, you want to do several quickly to catch someone's Short Hop approach or their landing, meaning you need the other method)

3.) Much harder to consistently do strong Uptilt due to requiring you to gently push up on the Control Stick and pressing the Attack button. When you are in tourney and are under a lot of pressure with adrenaline, this can be difficult

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
The meta game rapidly changing. A Palutenta just beat ZeRo, and a Bowser JR defeated Trela's Ryu. God dang.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I think he's a little busted honestly but that's just my opinion. I do think that 'ruining everything' is a bit extreme though

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I went back to playing Final Fantasy VII again after like two months of not playing it and I'm now at the Whirlwind Maze. That last boss fight with that two headed dragon thing at Gaea's Cliff was pretty tough but managed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got time to play Smash Bros Wii U, maybe because I haven't play Wii U version, my brother's Charizard nearly made me rage quit. Geez, can't believe some characters still gives me trouble…

And I play 3ds FG, I face a Villager who mostly do gyroid rocket and keep grabbing ledge (And taunt after I got koed), I also need to go back and try to work hard on dealing with Little Mac, no kidding, my air game isn't good. Recent Smash play returm makes me realize I have a lot to learn on Cloud.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
For those interested the next Villain has been revealed for the new Dissidia and all I can say is...... Yes!

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I can honestly say Kefka was my first choice for a Final Fantasy rep in Smash (Kefka vs Bayonetta would have been awesome,) so I'm stoked to see him back for Dissidia Arcade.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Some of the encounter quotes in the first Dissidia games are pretty funny, especially Kefka's. So I tried to come up with some for Smash Bros characters, and I know they're lame, but if anyone wants to have a go at it, floor is yours.
Kefka vs Peach-Would you let me kidnap you, pretty please?
Kefka vs Mario- I was just craving some Italian!
Kefka vs Corrin-Make up your mind already!
Kefka vs Rosalina-I'll take your Luma and your pretty crown too!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So how many characters have been confirmed for the new Dissidia game so far? Are the characters from Final Fantasy XV gonna be in there?

Top Bottom