• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Midi Analysis

Smash Rookie
Hey guys its been a long time since Ive come here. Just havent really used smashboards a ton in a long while
Anyways I love how mad everyone is in that reddit thing. In b4 people shout for Cloud nerfs.
This is my first time in many years being at the smash boards. Feels nice to be an actual user here...

Didn't you hear? Clouds Up-B is so OP!

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I actually gotta say I enjoy Cloud dittos. That's literally the main purpose I trained him up for.

But now he's going after Ike's crappy matchups, so it's win-win for me.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I actually gotta say I enjoy Cloud dittos. That's literally the main purpose I trained him up for.

But now he's going after Ike's crappy matchups, so it's win-win for me.
are you even human

@Skyfox2000 My tag in tournaments is 4Tifa. I get called as -m0 for my matches, but I use 4Tifa in the actual matches.

@XenoBrawler610 Yeah we can 0-death people easily, or maybe ya'll are just bad, I 0-deathed another cloud yesterday with utilt and dsmash and finished with a FT windbox kill.
Jk lol <3
But that did happen.
To everybody who's just joined the boards, welcome!

I also played a Cloud who taunted in the middle of the match, then FT'd me when I taunted back. Felt goooood to body him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I played FF7 Crisis Core today.
The game is kind of like Xenoblade, but you actually have an attack button instead of automatically attacking... which is a feature I do like. You also have some Materia at your disposal, whether they give you actions like Jump or spells like Thunder or Fira for example.
EDIT: Before anyone asks, Xenoblade was my first action RPG. When I saw gameplay of Crisis Core, it reminded me of Xenoblade.
You don't level up in the traditional sense... during a Digital Mind Wave if you get all 7s, you will level up. Materia is leveled up the same way
So far, I like the gameplay, the story is off to a nice start, and I do like Zack as a character. He's starting off to be very naive, but I think he'll grow as a character.

BTW, is anyone looking forward to potential FF7 Remake news at E3?

Last edited by a moderator:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I tried to use the Black Chocbo save editor few days ago. I'd heard it can destroy your saves if used incorrectly, so I duplicated them and messed with those with no real intent. It broke my game in a way I've never seen. It just disabled all my buttons whenever I opened the game lol. I uninstalled FFVII, Black Chocobo, and even Steam, but the problem stayed. I ended up just deleting the account and making a new one on my computer. So I lost all my saves, just when I'd been grinding and source farming to level 99 with some stats maxed and destroying Emerald Weapon and going after Ruby. The funny thing was was that it took me like half an hour to kill two of my characters so Ruby would immediately put its tentacles in the ground. I think I'll wait till 4-8 Productions comes out with a save editor tutorial before I try that **** again.

Btw subscribe to 4-8 Productions and watch their FFVII tutorial videos. They deserve way more attention than what they have.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I played FF7 Crisis Core today.
The game is kind of like Xenoblade, but you actually have an attack button instead of automatically attacking... which is a feature I do like. You also have some Materia at your disposal, whether they give you actions like Jump or spells like Thunder or Fira for example.
EDIT: Before anyone asks, Xenoblade was my first action RPG. When I saw gameplay of Crisis Core, it reminded me of Xenoblade.
You don't level up in the traditional sense... during a Digital Mind Wave if you get all 7s, you will level up. Materia is leveled up the same way
So far, I like the gameplay, the story is off to a nice start, and I do like Zack as a character. He's starting off to be very naive, but I think he'll grow as a character.

BTW, is anyone looking forward to potential FF7 Remake news at E3?

I'm looking forward to square showing the character designs for the other party members of ff vii remake and seeing how much they differ from their original designs especially tifa's though I hope they kept her ankle length hair intact.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hoping for a new trailer for the FFVII remake at E3 next week. How time flies by fast not realizing that is is right around the corner.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm looking forward to square showing the character designs for the other party members of ff vii remake and seeing how much they differ from their original designs especially tifa's though I hope they kept her ankle length hair intact.
Ohmigod I need long haired Tifa
Her hair is one of my favorite things about her. Next to her amazing personality, that is. <3

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Ohmigod I need long haired Tifa
Her hair is one of my favorite things about her. Next to her amazing personality, that is. <3
Tifa is gorgeous. I like her personality,her character design and her fighting style.

I hope the original length of her hair gets restored. The trim that square did to it over the years doesn't sit well with me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Her fighting style is the main thing I like about Tifa. She kicks more ass than Samus and Lara Croft combined.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im still not a huge fan of how Cloud looks in the remake. I think he looks perfect in the Dissidia Arcade game. He looks so gangly and sickly in the FF7 remake, but maybe thats like a metaphor thing and he'll become healthier looking through out the rest of the game.

D

Deleted member

Im still not a huge fan of how Cloud looks in the remake. I think he looks perfect in the Dissidia Arcade game. He looks so gangly and sickly in the FF7 remake, but maybe thats like a metaphor thing and he'll become healthier looking through out the rest of the game.
I was thinking the same. Initially I didn't like how skinny Cloud was, but it grew with me over time. I think the developers intended for it to be this way, if we go by early Cloud's concept art.

I think this is the developer's way of saying that Cloud is not healthy and not doing well. If we go by what is in FF7 and the end of Crisis Core, it makes sense as to why Cloud is like this.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Its kind of sad that there will probably be some radical feminist who would say some garbage like "Tifa's boobs are to big". Not saying that Tifa is just boobs because Tifa is a great character, but there are people who never play the game or don't like video games. There could also be a problem with ol' sephy stabbing Aeris (problem) I'm sorry for bringing this up because I'm not huge on this kind of topic, but after hearing what happened with the poster for X-men Apocalypse and the "abusive" message it was sending, I kind of got a little bit upset because it wasn't calling for equality, it was calling for censorship, and I don't want that for any game ESPEACALLY Final Fantasy 7 my second favorite FF game next to 6.

I was thinking the same. Initially I didn't like how skinny Cloud was, but it grew with me over time. I think the developers intended for it to be this way, if we go by early Cloud's concept art.

I think this is the developer's way of saying that Cloud is not healthy and not doing well. If we go by what is in FF7 and the end of Crisis Core, it makes sense as to why Cloud is like this.
I like skinny Cloud. It gives off that emo teenager feel to Cloud and it also doesn't give much "weight" to Cloud. For example if you played as Barett who is very large, you would get the feeling that Barett is slow and heavy which could fail to immersive someone in a game. I mean I know he will not become Knuckles from Sonic Boom or Mega Swampert but I think Cloud looks rather nice

Not to mention it really gives you the impression that Cloud must be REALLY strong to carry the massive Buster sword with one arm.

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
are you even human

@Skyfox2000 My tag in tournaments is 4Tifa. I get called as -m0 for my matches, but I use 4Tifa in the actual matches.

@XenoBrawler610 Yeah we can 0-death people easily, or maybe ya'll are just bad, I 0-deathed another cloud yesterday with utilt and dsmash and finished with a FT windbox kill.
Jk lol <3
But that did happen.
To everybody who's just joined the boards, welcome!

I also played a Cloud who taunted in the middle of the match, then FT'd me when I taunted back. Felt goooood to body him
My rival in my local area uses Cloud and demolished my Ike. Out of all the tier characters and ones who do well against Cloud, Cloud himself is literally the most enjoyable character for me. My Cloud is BUILT for dittos.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic about Cloud's design in the remake, I'm also not very fond of it either. He does look like he hasn't eaten in days, like he had just woken up from a coma or something. Hoping they would improve his design a bit but who knows.

D

Deleted member

On the topic about Cloud's design in the remake, I'm also not very fond of it either. He does look like he hasn't eaten in days, like he had just woken up from a coma or something. Hoping they would improve his design a bit but who knows.
Well...
That's because he has.
Immediately after Crisis Core, he went to Midgar... which is a very far walk. Not to mention, he still hasn't regained total conscience yet (the ShinRa SOLDIERs that were sent to kill Cloud and Zack left Cloud for dead); he's still suffering through Mako poisoning, so he might have been in a coma or several comas during his trek.
When he reached to Midgar, he didn't get a chance to take a break or rest. Tifa introduced him to the rest of AVALANCHE and the story of FF7 begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
OMG Kara!!! ♥
Ok, I am excited.

But the armor thing on everyone almost looks obnoxious, unless I missed something.
I didn't watch Batman vs Superman...
:196:

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Eh. The first one was okay. I'm currently playing a little something else. Maybe you've heard of it. If not, here's a hint:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well...
That's because he has.
Immediately after Crisis Core, he went to Midgar... which is a very far walk. Not to mention, he still hasn't regained total conscience yet (the ShinRa SOLDIERs that were sent to kill Cloud and Zack left Cloud for dead); he's still suffering through Mako poisoning, so he might have been in a coma or several comas during his trek.
When he reached to Midgar, he didn't get a chance to take a break or rest. Tifa introduced him to the rest of AVALANCHE and the story of FF7 begins.
Makes sense I guess.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I like Strong-Arm Strong-Arm 's idea of Cloud looking healthier over the course of the game. It would certainly add to Cloud's character.

D

Deleted member

Today is a special day for me...
Today is my birthday! :D Now is time to do nothing but relax today.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Since I have nothing else better to do, anyone of you lot got time for smash?

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
roymustang1990- roymustang1990-

first off GG on the Cloud dittos. I find our Clouds to be almost similar.
Second, GG's with the Roy matches. Roy has some pretty strange hitboxes.
third, after what happened with Lucina and Halberd do me a favor and never talk to me again :)

I am obviously trying to learn Mewtwo for certain character match ups.

GG.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
roymustang1990- roymustang1990-

first off GG on the Cloud dittos. I find our Clouds to be almost similar.
Second, GG's with the Roy matches. Roy has some pretty strange hitboxes.
third, after what happened with Lucina and Halberd do me a favor and never talk to me again :)

I am obviously trying to learn Mewtwo for certain character match ups.

GG.
Gg

Your cloud is really good on battlefield. So precise.

Yes,the humility of having your shield broken twice in a short span of seconds on halberd is enough to make anyone quit smash four. XD

Yeah,I wish the tippers on Roy's hitboxes were like Marth's cause playing up close with a swordsmen is so awkward.

Campy Lucina versus campy mewtwo on t and c.that was really.....something. xD

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Gg

Your cloud is really good on battlefield. So precise.

Yes,the humility of having your shield broken twice in a short span of seconds on halberd is enough to make anyone quit smash four. XD

Yeah,I wish the tippers on Roy's hitboxes were like Marth's cause playing up close with a swordsmen is so awkward.

Campy Lucina versus campy mewtwo on t and c.that was really.....something. xD
yeah I'm not gonna lie. I had no idea what to do on t & c

Also I think its safe to say Battlefield is clouds best stage.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Just got back from an out of state tournament, I almost made it out of pools but alas I did not. Anyways whats up guys

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Hey guys been a while... Who here has been watching E3 so far? ot's of interesting stuff being presented and Nintendo is in another 10 hours so Hype!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only thing I'm hyped from Nintendo is that they'll finally show off Zelda Wii U so I'm definitely gonna tune in. Other than that, nothing else catches my interest.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm curious what their plans for the NX are. The new Zelda is all good, but if it flops as badly as the Wii U did, Nintendo could be the next Sega.

D

Deleted member

I can't be hyped for E3 to be honest.
I always get hyped for Nintendo's E3 and... it's only Zelda. Granted, I can't wait for Zelda U, but I wish I could see some other games in action or announce new games.
Because of that... I can't be hyped, other than potential FF7 Remake footage. I'm at least happy for Crash fans.

Top Bottom