• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Smash community is pretty special. When Cloud got announced via his trailer, he got SO MUCH HYPE, and everyone went crazy over his inclusion. Now it seems whenever people talk about Cloud in the competitive scene, it's just a laundry list of complaints. Funny since he is no way the best character in the game (top 10 for sure), but definitely not best. People get salty when losing to my Cloud all the time, whether it's online, or IRL at tournaments.
I thought most people are salty Bayonetta after they found out that she is OP.
Too OP or too weak, there's always salt, just sad...

And let's not forget those stupid petitions they made... I know most are just jokes and trolls, but still probably those who are being salty about Cloud are just those die hard PS fans who wants Cloud in PSABR rather than Smash, because they thought it's more "realizable" for him to be there. And technically, Cloud in Smash still isn't that too far fetched if you know that FF debuted on Nintendo's console. And Square-Enix still makes games on Nintendo's console.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
WHY DOESN'T HE RIDE THE MOTORCYCLE IN GRRRRR:grrr:
Seconded.
Cloud's is like the only character I actually get angry when I see other people use lol. I don't know why but I always get a little irritated when I run into a Cloud on FG or at tournament. You guys are ok though <3. Speaking of which, don't you guys hate dittos with a passion? Like if someone switches to Cloud on me, it's like, if I lose... then...
This too. So. Much.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Like if someone switches to Cloud on me, it's like, if I lose... then...
When people do this, it motivates me so much to try harder to body them lol.

Also, I love going vs Cloud. Makes it easier to experiment with what counterplay there is when going vs Cloud which ultimately improves my Cloud for all match ups.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
At this point, Cloud is my true secondary. Ike can't win against Sheik and Diddy, but M2K beat ZeRo, so...

Also will start using him for the rest of Ike's bad matchups, like R.O.B. Maybe DK as well, though Ike does better offstage than Cloud does.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At this point, Cloud is my true secondary. Ike can't win against Sheik and Diddy, but M2K beat ZeRo, so...

Also will start using him for the rest of Ike's bad matchups, like R.O.B. Maybe DK as well, though Ike does better offstage than Cloud does.
That's very nice, Cloud is really a good secondary for Ike mains.
Tips for using Cloud is always charge your limit gauge whenever you can.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Some of my favorite tracks from BitSymphony. The last two are really good, but can't replace the originals for me. He even said that Those who Fight Further was not meant to be symphonically remixed, but he did it anyway, and it sounds great, especially at 1:11.

Funny to think I have over 500 posts, and most of them here... I used to post here a lot more... Did you guys think I was forcing it with my constant posting back than? Like someone else I could mention...?
When people do this, it motivates me so much to try harder to body them lol.

Also, I love going vs Cloud. Makes it easier to experiment with what counterplay there is when going vs Cloud which ultimately improves my Cloud for all match ups.
Idk, have you ever lost a Cloud ditto like that? Feels like ****... But playing against even poor Clouds makes me realize just how safe our character actually is. A lot of moves can only be punished in unorthodox ways. For example, you can't shieldgrab, dtilt, dsmash, or upb Cross Slash, but a reprisal Cross Slash punishes it just fine.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Idk, have you ever lost a Cloud ditto like that? Feels like ****... But playing against even poor Clouds makes me realize just how safe our character actually is. A lot of moves can only be punished in unorthodox ways. For example, you can't shieldgrab, dtilt, dsmash, or upb Cross Slash, but a reprisal Cross Slash punishes it just fine.
Of course haha. It sucks when people switch to Cloud and then beat me, but that always happens online (lag seriously messes me up lol), and it's always because it's myfault by not spacing moves correctly (like dair auto cancelling, bair spacing, grab miss, etc.) Thankfully, it hasn't happen in tournament. Trying not to be salty about losing and just picking up things about why you are losing is the most important thing.
As far as punishing CS, do you mean after the first two hits (and then stopping) or after the enemy Cloud hits your shield with the entire normal CS?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, you folks certainly have been busy lately, especially since Smashboards is getting pretty good at failing to notify me of recent post in here, which is ****ed up. This site can't get its **** right.
Cloud's is like the only character I actually get angry when I see other people use lol. I don't know why but I always get a little irritated when I run into a Cloud on FG or at tournament. You guys are ok though <3. Speaking of which, don't you guys hate dittos with a passion? Like if someone switches to Cloud on me, it's like, if I lose... then...
I had this happen to me several times than I can count. I beat someone using Cloud, they switch to him and then I get my ass whipped by their Cloud. I was like "Seriously?"

So to answer your question, hell yeah I hate Cloud dittos. I wouldn't say with a passion though especially if you end up winning.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly not a fan of dittos in general. I'm honestly bad at dittos for how stressful they are, because I think I have to prove that I'm better than the other.
On the topic of Cloud dittos, I don't think fighting in the Cloud ditto is bad and there are a lot worse dittos, like the Luigi ditto.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm honestly not a fan of dittos in general. I'm honestly bad at dittos for how stressful they are, because I think I have to prove that I'm better than the other.
On the topic of Cloud dittos, I don't think fighting in the Cloud ditto is bad and there are a lot worse dittos, like the Luigi ditto.
I have the same issue with dittos. You feel you have to prove that you play the character better and it sucks, especially when you lose. I will agree that there are better and worse dittos, but ditto matches in general are a terrible experience for me, win or lose.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I take it personally if I'm playing a character and the other player picks him up in the second match. It's like he's saying, "Here, let me show you how it's done."
I'm never kind enough to assume that he may think it would be fun to do a mirror, or that I made the character look fun.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't like ditto matches in general as well, especially Rosalina dittos.
It's only fun when you're playing with friends. Against strangers? **** that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only reason I don't like dittos is because I generally have a calculated approach to the game, I usually get a small percent advantage from winning a couple interactions, and then the opponent just throws Smashes and connects one or two hits and matches or regains the lead.

So, yeah, I generally don't feel outplayed when I lose dittos.
:196:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Little Mac dittos are hilariously fun.
Ganon dittos are pretty fun
Zard dittos are hilariously fun as well
Falcon dittos are pretty fun as well
Corrin dittos make me want to drink windex
Cloud dittos

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I take it personally if I'm playing a character and the other player picks him up in the second match. It's like he's saying, "Here, let me show you how it's done."
I'm never kind enough to assume that he may think it would be fun to do a mirror, or that I made the character look fun.
There are so many idiots on For Glory. I've had them make this mistake many times and I usually leave right after walloping them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
For Glory is pretty cancerous in general. It's a good thing I don't play on that hellhole every day. I would lose my sanity if I did.

D

Deleted member

I finally got around to play Dissidia 012.
The gameplay is certainly different... far different than I expected. Like, one button attacks but does no damage and another button attacks and does damage. I'm honestly confused. Still, it's a pretty fun game from what I've experienced thus far.
My favorite character to play as is Terra. While I am more of an aggressor in 2D games like Smash, I find myself to be more of a zoner in 3D arena style fighting games, which Terra is. I leveled her up once and got her classic outfit alt. Cloud and Sephiroth are also fun to play as.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I finally got around to play Dissidia 012.
The gameplay is certainly different... far different than I expected. Like, one button attacks but does no damage and another button attacks and does damage. I'm honestly confused. Still, it's a pretty fun game from what I've experienced thus far.
My favorite character to play as is Terra. While I am more of an aggressor in 2D games like Smash, I find myself to be more of a zoner in 3D arena style fighting games, which Terra is. I leveled her up once and got her classic outfit alt. Cloud and Sephiroth are also fun to play as.
I like Kain and Kuja, myself. Cloud is great too, though.

So, ZeRo shared his new tier list. It's... interesting, to say the least:

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Why Ryu? Doesn't Cloud beat him?
Yeah, I believe we win vs Ryu...
anyone have general tips for cloud dittos?
Don't play Cloud.
In all seriousness there will be times when you're both just sitting charging Limit. It's up to you if you want the match to be played constantly in Limit for both players.
I like Kain and Kuja, myself. Cloud is great too, though.

So, ZeRo shared his new tier list. It's... interesting, to say the least:

"Not based on results" "And "character" won a national!"
Shiek number 5? Cloud #2? X.X And is that M2K's Cloud? Thats the first time I've seen it and it doesn't look that great lol. Also what do I do against a Diddy that sits in shield with banana?
For Glory is pretty cancerous in general. It's a good thing I don't play on that hellhole every day. I would lose my sanity if I did.
Play on 3DS.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I'm not going to lie, M2K is a smash legend, but his Cloud is pretty bad. Tweek is the best Cloud.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Play on 3DS.
When I said For Glory is cancerous in general, I was also referring to the 3DS version as well despite it being less toxic.
Not as toxic as the Wii U version, but still filled with bull**** nonetheless.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Ever since Ally beat ZeRo, FG has been filled with ****ty Mario players. The same thing happened when Nario beat ZeRo and it was filled with ZSS players who did not know how to do anything but grab.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I thought I was the only one that felt like that... I was get a tad bit upset when people main Cloud just because he's new and don't even know what game he's from.

My tag for Smash Brothers is ~4Aeris ( I know her name is now know as Aerith but, I still prefer Aeris because that's how I was introduced to her)

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Hey guys its been a long time since Ive come here. Just havent really used smashboards a ton in a long while
Anyways I love how mad everyone is in that reddit thing. In b4 people shout for Cloud nerfs.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
When people don't realize that there HAS to be a character considered the best. At this point, just buff characters that need them.

D

Deleted member

Apparently Cloud's the most popular main and secondary character.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/4mp3xq/rsmashbros_sm4sh_survey_results/

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Damn, there is so much salt here to fill an ocean. LOL

I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Cloud is one of the easiest characters to play and he is Cloud, so. Kinda surprised to see a lot of people secondary Corrin.

Hey guys its been a long time since Ive come here. Just havent really used smashboards a ton in a long while
Anyways I love how mad everyone is in that reddit thing. In b4 people shout for Cloud nerfs.
Everyone always shouts for nerfs for some character. I fear that Nintendo will follow through...

I dunno why people are complaining about Cloud being so easy to play when Sakurai said in an interview that Cloud was meant to be this way. The things Cloud can do are far from offensive; it's not like he has a down throw to kill move that people could hardly react to, has a down throw that could get you from 0 to 70, or had an innumerable number of ways to 0-death someone without consequence.

When people don't realize that there HAS to be a character considered the best. At this point, just buff characters that need them.
I agree. I think the top tiers are fine and we need to buff the bottom tiers.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I do expect Cloud nerfs if we get a new patch lol even tho I think that hes fine as is. People are REALLY overestimating/overrating him right now tbh. Its funny how after Bayo was gutted people turn to complaining about Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo lol.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I do expect Cloud nerfs if we get a new patch lol even tho I think that hes fine as is. People are REALLY overestimating/overrating him right now tbh. Its funny how after Bayo was gutted people turn to complaining about Cloud, Ryu, and Mewtwo lol.
Pretty much. Cloud is definitely good, but if he's really top 10, then he's in the 6-10 range of it.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
If he is nerfed the one thing I ask is that they dont add anymore time onto limit charge lol
Please Sakurai dont do that

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Last edited:
Top Bottom