• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Fire Emblem has 15 games, 14 of them completely unique.

Pokemon has, what, 6 unique releases in the main series?

At least Corrin is unique, like Robin. other acceptable additions from FE would have been Hector or Ephraim.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Considering Fire Emblem's gigantic cast of unique characters, it's not really surprising that there's more choice.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Man, that was just... what the hell?
Thank God for Cloud. I was already going to be satisfied no matter what due to his inclusion, but damn... I didn't expect everything else to be so underwhelming.

Smash now has 6 Fire Emblem characters, the same amount as Pokemon. Pokemon.
At least the character himself looks neat. But really, FE having so many playable characters just doesn't sit well with me.

And Bayoneta winning the ballot in Europe and being in the top five in North America is simply unbelievable. Nintendo has no reason to lie about the results, yet what they are saying is impossible for me to believe. I'm so confused.

Like I said, Cloud saves this game's DLC from ending on a very, very low (and confusing) note for me. Can't wait until he is released. Still no confirmed exact time?
Sentiments exactly the same over here.

I'll eventually shake this off. But I was already getting to like the whole roster, right before Corrin was announced.
Bayonetta will eventually grow on me, but having another soulless FE character in the roster is like... :urg:

We could have had ANY other 1st party character revealed today.
... and they went for Fire Emblem.

*sigh*.. where the heck is Cloud...? I need to start some serious training NOW. I'm not angry, I'm just a little upset. I need to Climhazard the heck out of something ASAP.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Ok finally got the forums to load up.

I just wanna say....all this Fire Emblem hate is real. I'm personally pretty satisfied, despite wanting absolutely NONE of the 2 characters revealed.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Good lord. Practically nobody is happy about Corrin except for FE fans and people who are just happy with new characters in general. I'm a bit salty myself though to be honest.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
People so blinded by "OMG MORE FE ARRGH" that they refuse to give themselves a chance to understand the uniqueness of the character. Hell, or even try to find out the background of said character.

Ah well. No skin off my nose.
Less bandwagoners

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I absolutely love the new inclusions. I just hate that none of them are available
This. While I probably won't play bayonetta outside of some random fun matches, she definitely will be interesting to see. I just hope she isn't as powerful as she looks, even with the noted long startup on moves.

Corrin, on the other hand, might very well be a secondary, or even a main, for me, and I now have no regrets that Ryu from BoF didn't make it in, since we have the next best thing.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I bought Cloud but I still can't play him because I don't even have the option to update. :\

Edit: Finally got it to update.

Last edited:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
So what are your opinions on Cloud right now guys? I have to be honest. He doesn't seem that good at all to me. He doesn't have any combos(other than utilt and falling uair ) as I can tell and his recovery is pretty bad without a full limit gauge...

Edit: Eh, actually he's not that bad. That recovery tho

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Cloud so far is feeling very nice to use.
I'm just disappointed at something else.

Only two songs for Midgar

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Cloud so far is feeling very nice to use.
I'm just disappointed at something else.

Only two songs for Midgar
What? Really?? All the extra music they got for Bayonetta's stage, and only two for the better stage/character/franchise?

koen_happy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-8990-5213
Just a question:

What are the available music in the Midgar stage? (I heard that it only has two)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cloud feels very fun.

Not specifically amazing competitively but he will probably be more than viable at least.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What? Really?? All the extra music they got for Bayonetta's stage, and only two for the better stage/character/franchise?
Yeah, its probably the most disappointing thing out of all of this. A series known for its insane library of great music. ;---;

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
His recovery is a little too good, he always seems to come back when I knock him off-stage limit break or not.

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Wow he's actually extremely fun to use. He doesn't feel like the aggressive type though. Everybody becomes terrified when you have a full limit gauge...

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Anyone up for some Cloud dittos?

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Cloud certainly seems to have some nice low % combo options, and while it's not a true combo(or maybe it is at certain %s), downthrow > side B tends to work rather well, even if they shield you're behind them so they can't grab you between the delay.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Is FG just swamped with Clouds right now?
And what are his palette options?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Down throw might combo into ftilt, then bair, feels iffy though.

So since Limit Break can never be lost from hits (only death) and gives a mobility buff (if small), should it be endeavored to have it charged whenever possible?

Might wanna look into Limit Break Climhazzard as an OOS kill move. Also funny how all of his LB moves save Blade Beam cause a close-up.

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
man, so, the wii u version only has two themes for midgar, just two, and not an extra trophy (getting Ryu gets you a Ken trophy), and to top that, Cloud just got not dub from burton at all. And only the chocobo hat, the only FF based mii costume....

i expected a lot of ff content, yeah, but still makes me feel sad. Maybe seeing Kirby with Cloud hat would make me smile, any of you guys have pics of him for see?

On a positive side, i like the custom colors and their refferences, and absolutely LOOOOVE Nomura's poster, :p

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm waiting for the day someone breaks a shield with LB Cross Slash (29%!). Though I wish the normal wasn't so darn finicky...

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Down throw might combo into ftilt, then bair, feels iffy though.

So since Limit Break can never be lost from hits (only death) and gives a mobility buff (if small), should it be endeavored to have it charged whenever possible?

Might wanna look into Limit Break Climhazzard as an OOS kill move. Also funny how all of his LB moves save Blade Beam cause a close-up.
I actually also wanna test out OOS jump-canceled LB cross slash more. Might also be a solid option although I only tried it once in a real time match (it worked though for what that counts for).

Top Bottom