• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It would have been cool if Ryu and Cloud also came with an assist trophy.

Lightning would be a cool assist.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'll main Cloud (although it's already REALLY tough to choose between Ike and Ryu), regardless of how far his meta will progress, but I think it'd be great if he was an incredibly viable newcomer. As much as I want him to really place well in the tournament scene, I have my doubts.

Oh well, I think he'll still be a blast, but he certainly looks like he has potential.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG!
It should be this guy:
View attachment 84785
*drops mic*
I love the swishy sound his spear makes during his entrance in Dissidia: https://youtu.be/K7uIwlu-A-Q?t=53. That being said, as much as I like Liam O'Brien's voice acting, I kind of wished they used someone else for Kain... The deep voice works, but there's someone about the way Liam talks that makes it sound off for me. Maybe someone like else like Keith Ferguson would have worked. Also, with a FFIV character, we might get this remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKbSJ15cZc.

I would be cool if they had this. Only with Lightning's voice.
Helps that Lightning is the same height as Cloud so all they need to do is some "simple" editing. Also, have you all seen Lightning's trailer for Dissidia 2015? The stage they used reminds me of the early Final Fantasy XIII screenshots. People might have hated the story and characters, but man, could you imagine FFXIII if it had Dissidia's combat?

If there is ever a remake of Final Fantasy XIII, all it needs it a combat tune-up and boom. There you go, game's like 10x better since the combat would start out engaging rather than engaging only if you managed to get to Gran Pulse. I'm being unrealisitic, but dude, Dissidia's combat looks so over-the-top and that's what makes it so freaking awesome!

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Any other FF character? I think the only other real interesting one besides Cloud would be Nocti or Cecil although Cecil needs a transformation to make him interesting which Sakurai refuses to do now.

But I'd really love to see WoL. He himself may not actually be canon technically, but he's one of the coolest looking characters in FF and since hes intended to represent FF1, he can really be a representative to the FF universe.

You know, it'd be nice to see the WoL be given an actual game dedicated to him, as well as give him a name to give him a real story. For a character that looks very well created, he doesn't have much behind him.

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
I'll main Cloud (although it's already REALLY tough to choose between Ike and Ryu), regardless of how far his meta will progress, but I think it'd be great if he was an incredibly viable newcomer. As much as I want him to really place well in the tournament scene, I have my doubts.

Oh well, I think he'll still be a blast, but he certainly looks like he has potential.
In all honesty, I don't think many people will use cloud. I do however, think that the people who will use him will be amazing with him. I think he is viable, but even if he isn't good I'll still use him all the same.

Edit: I don't think many people will use him competitively.

Last edited:

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
I'm gonna add him under my belt. good or bad character, it don't matter. Too much of an FF fan to NOT play him.
I'm just excited because he looks sort of like Ike with the power but a little like Shulk because of the Limit Break. He seems like a fun character.

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
I am going to main him when he comes out. I am dropping Roy for Cloud.
I have a gap character set up for playing until Cloud comes out. I picked Pac-Man mostly to practice my spacing. Not like it will matter if I'm going to play Cloud. But still I'm just getting some practice with my fundamentals until Clouds comes and breaks the game.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm just excited because he looks sort of like Ike with the power but a little like Shulk because of the Limit Break. He seems like a fun character.
Limit Break which only buffs special attacks (all being different in some ways) =/= Monado Arts (Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster, Smash)

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
]So if we could have another member from the Final fantasy series join Smash (which will not happen) Which character would you prefer.
Terra Branford from FFVI is the only one I would want. She would be great because she would have the ability to use all the iconic Final Fantasy spells like Firaga and Blizzaga. Unlike Black Mage though, she's actually a character and not a class.

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
Now to wait until they announce a date for the Direct, because I am about 90% sure they are going to release Cloud and whatever the ballot character is during the stream. I'm hype for the servers to crash until really late. I'm going to wait out the storm and buy the DLC a couple hours after the Direct.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Got into an argument today with some guys about Cloud. They were like "he looks like hell play like Shulk" It was so frustrating

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
*eye twitches*
I know, but I'm going off of gameplay from the trailer alone on that assumption. He looks like a power character with a sword as well as having boosted moves with the Limit Break. I meant nothing strange about it. Other than Wolf I want them to find a way to make Ice Climbers a thing for both smash games again.

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
Limit Break which only buffs special attacks (all being different in some ways) =/= Monado Arts (Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster, Smash)
I don't really mind it just seems like a neat boost for the character. Like I said before I'm just looking at this from gameplay in the trailer.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, he did not assert that the Limit Breaks were the same as Monado Arts. Merely that he was reminded of them because they are similar mechanics. I agree with him completely. They are just vaguely reminiscent of each-other and that is okay.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
It's kind of tough to say what Cloud's game plan is though. He doesn't exactly seem like a spacer nor does he look like a pure rush down. Gonna have to lab the hell out of him when he comes out.

My biggest thing is how well can he apply shield pressure. How much damage he does to shield. How safe he is on shield. That's my biggest worry. It'd be great if he could push shields on hit.

N64's Our Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thetavictor
3DS FC
4296-3524-1920
To be fair, he did not assert that the Limit Breaks were the same as Monado Arts. Merely that he was reminded of them because they are similar mechanics. I agree with him completely. They are just vaguely reminiscent of each-other and that is okay.
Thank you MorbidAltruism.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
It's kind of tough to say what Cloud's game plan is though. He doesn't exactly seem like a spacer nor does he look like a pure rush down. Gonna have to lab the hell out of him when he comes out.

My biggest thing is how well can he apply shield pressure. How much damage he does to shield. How safe he is on shield. That's my biggest worry. It'd be great if he could push shields on hit.
Yeah, moves like his ftilt look like giant "hit me" signs if they don't have any IASA frames.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll use Cloud as one of main chars, though I would've prefered Impa :p

If they could manage to put Terra in the game, I'd be really really glad with that :D

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I seriously can't get over how good this is.

If there is going to be a FF7 battle theme remix and its not as good as this one, I'll be doing them music replacements with this asap XD :p
Honestly kinda hoping for a remix medley or two for Midgar. Ryu's stage is disappointingly small in the music selection (though what's there is good), so I'd rather have them trying to cover a lot of ground with Midgar, considering how many great tracks there are in FFVII.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Rrgh, nothing more irritating than a string of FG losses to trolly players.
There's going to be a local tournament here in a couple weeks, and I still don't know who I'll be maining. Probably Fox.
When does Cloud get here again?

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
There's going to be a local tournament here in a couple weeks, and I still don't know who I'll be maining. Probably Fix.
Im hoping next week. Ever since his reveal I have had a very hard time seriously playing anyone

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's going to be a local tournament here in a couple weeks, and I still don't know who I'll be maining. Probably Fix.
Noone knows.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Im hoping next week. Ever since his reveal I have had a very hard time seriously playing anyone
I know, right? Every time I lose to a taunt-spammer, I just grit my teeth and growl, "just wait till I have Cloud, punk."
Oh, and nice new avatar. I really like Kingdom Hearts' version of Zack.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
There's going to be a local tournament here in a couple weeks, and I still don't know who I'll be maining. Probably Fox.
Honestly, dude, if you gotta train on Wifi, use Anther's Ladder or network though Smashboards. At least you'll be able to cultivate some sense of things there with variety, and on more stages than FD. FG for the most part instills horrendous habits.

Even better still: Play offline, lol.

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

And I agree, Cloud's inclusion is making smash more boring for me. No one I use feels interesting anymore.

And I can notice my character's flaws more than ever lol
Just play Docccc (sorry). Once you figure out his strings and how he flows you feel like you're unstoppable when you go ham....in most likelihoods you are because insane punish game and ridiculous kill potential.

Real talk though I'm glad you're so excited for Cloud. We need lab monsters (I know I'm labbing him out of necessity, I do it with all DLC chars)

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just play Docccc (sorry). Once you figure out his strings and how he flows you feel like you're unstoppable when you go ham....in most likelihoods you are because insane punish game and ridiculous kill potential.

Real talk though I'm glad you're so excited for Cloud. We need lab monsters (I know I'm labbing him out of necessity, I do it with all DLC chars)
How does he compare with Luigi?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
How does he compare with Luigi?
Okay so the DPS is lower but the kill potential is absolutely ridiculous. He's not some top tier character (I think he's bottom of mid) but the idea is take everything strong about Mario's frame data and make every move hit significantly harder in most cases, strengthen his edgeguarding, but reduce his mobility.

Take Luigi's USmash and multiply the cheese by 20 to get Doc's USmash, specifically.

He's fun and pretty decent as a secondary.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I really hope cloud gets a palette swap referencing Zack. Please Daddy Sakurai...at least he has his AC outfit just in case.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I really hope cloud gets a palette swap referencing Zack. Please Daddy Sakurai...at least he has his AC outfit just in case.
He might think that it would be unfair to Zack as his own character to be stuck as an alt for Cloud. He has gone on record saying he doesn't like to do character alts for that reason.
After all, the only special move of Cloud we've ever seen Zack use is Meteorain, which ironicly is the only limit break we have not seen in the trailer (the normals should be fine, too though). While many wouldn't care, Sakurai is a stickler for this kind of thing as he doesn't want to misrepresent a character.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Cloud's playstyle really is hard to tell from what's seen so far, mostly pretty decent/bad in terms of landing lag on aerials, Ftilt likely very punishable though no telling since we can only guess how soon into it after it's active you can IASA. No real poking move like Marcina Dtilt and instead there's a slide that can go under a lot of things but you can't seem to true combo after.

It's hard to tell how he'll be able to "play it safe" if he needs to, though he does have that Blade Beam projectile which is nice so he has a potentially good option to force approaches himself. Recovery is also worrisome too, from what we've seen so far is just his Up B/Climhazard as a recovery, and while Limit makes it godlike, it's one use and along with it just spends your entire Limit which could have been used elsewhere.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm also remaining slightly worrisome over some apparent potential serious problems.

Top Bottom