• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Do you think only music from Final Fantasy 7 will be included?

I'd love a few tunes from Final Fantasy 8.
I'm personally hoping for Decisive Battle, Battle on Big Bridge, and To Zanarkand.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Chocobo Mii costume is cute!! I want Moogle, Black Mage, and White Mage Mii costumes too! :awesome:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Me and a friend was watching it at my place, and I knew from instinct that we would have some sort of Smash related content, hence the retweet by the creator himself. So at the end, when Reggie announced that he would be leaving with one last gift of an trailer, I knew it was for Super Smash.

Honestly I did not know at that moment what to expect, and as I did not play any FF games, the music at the start got me really confused if not anything suspicious of it actually being anything smash related at all... Then, out of nowhere, the Smash Logo came up, and I knew **** was about to get real.

After this I saw the "x" coming... "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!", even more confused than ever, other than knowing it would be a crossover for a brief second I saw it. From the moment the letters zoomed out I KNEW it was Final Fantasy at that given moment. I litteraly stood up of my sofa in a hurry, with my back now against the wall in shock! My friend sat by me and looked at me weird, while out of my mind came. "Wow Wow WOW FINAL FANTASY.. Final Fantasy, Final freak'n Fantasy... CLOUD?!... It got to be Cloud."

Then the cinematic started I saw the bottom, and I knew I was right, it was Cloud. I was pretty much hyped, happy, excited and confused. Laughing in shock, I only had a positive reaction to this, knowing that this would go crazy online. It turns out I was right all along, people posting up "Old Man Yell at Cloud" posts everywhere, and shi**** on him, but I said, as I still holds true to, that Cloud will be something, and to me, something positive.

That's pretty much my reaction.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We might end up get some Mii fighter outfits based on Square Enix characters as well, not just from Final Fantasy.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Reposting because "We gotta socialize" or something... ~_~
=======================

My very, VERY first reaction to the trailer?

I pretended to slash the screen with a sword 'cause I was expecting the *SCHWING SCHWING* effect that accompanies every Smash trailer. And it didn't happen, so that threw me off a tad.

Then I heard the music and it faintly made me think of Final Fantasy, but I was like "...yeah, but this is a Smash Bros. trailer. Let's just see what happens."

...And then it WAS Final Fantasy, and I was like "OH SNAP! IT HAPPENED! CLOUD STRIFE IS IN!! :eek:"

Now am I the only one who thought Cloud's face looked a bit weird at that angle? A tad to vertically slender or something? Eh, probably looks better at different angles.

Cloud's like of "Never thought I'd see this day"... pretty much the sentiment of EVERYONE IN THE GAMING WORLD.

Moves were cool and stuff. Fun identifying the Limit Break moves.

The part where Cloud charges magic and a toad appears fooled me for a moment. Of course that was the Prince Sable assist. Wonder if that's a taunt though...

...Then Cloud shows off his LIMIT BREAKS!! :lol: ...Wait... Oh, it seems it's a powered up state! Still neat! And hey, there's Finishing Touch! (I gotta rewatch it again, but it does look like a Counter. Could be wrong though. Also where's Meteorain?)

Now the Midgar stage. THAT STAGE IS HYPE!! One of my most favorite parts of FFVII and a big source of inspiration is a part of the stage! Odin! Leviathan! Ramuh! Ifrit! Freakin' BAHAMUT ZERO! The stage hazards are GLORIOUS! I didn't see exactly what Ramuh did, but out of all of 'em, I think it's gonna be Leviathan that breaks the stage unfortunately. Looks like it makes a rapids hazard that may act like Big Blue, and if that happens, then BANNED!!

But seriously, Bahamut ZERO's Tera Flare attack... No, read that again: Bahamut ZERO, the second most powerful summon monster, attacking players with freaking TERA FLARE.

Yeah. That's hype. That stage is just as hype as Cloud Strife himself being in Smash. Oh I would love if it somehow ended up being a counterpick stage.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
one-winged angel pls
That has to be practically guaranteed. It'd be a scandal otherwise. Bombing mission, however, is my personal favorite FF7 track. Such a memorable way to start the game.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Cloud looks awesome! Congrats!

I can't wait to pit Cloud against the White Mage:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, the only FF game I ever played to completion was FF9. So battle 1 from that game would be pretty great.

I'm actually hoping for at least one Bravely song to make it in since it is also a Square Enix game. "That Person's name is" would be hype.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, this is as good of a reason as any to start playing Final Fantasy 7 again. I've never played it before, but I got it on Steam, and I think I stopped around the time that Aeris joined the party.

Can't say I expected this (I figured that, on the off chance that we got a Final Fantasy character, it would be someone from 1-6), but I'm looking forward to it. Also, I hadn't heard of that Final Fantasy Explorers game before, but it looks great!

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Ah, a Bravely song would actually make sense given the series is like the "new old-school" FF for Nintendo consoles.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Shamurai Formerly Shamurai Formerly

Lol, pretty funny.
Even though Cloud looks like a great character and probably isn't a ballot winner and is just a great bonus character overall.

Sad people complain about roster additions instead of being happy we have new characters. D:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Lol, pretty funny.
Even though Cloud looks like a great character and probably isn't a ballot winner and is just a great bonus character overall.

Sad people complain about roster additions instead of being happy we have new characters. D:
I agree about the people complaining part but that's the Smash fanbase for ya. I mean, what can we do?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
It's a good thing my mom drenched everything in soy sauce when I was growing up. I'm well accustomed to salt in my diet.

Mayday

Smash Cadet
Even though I see the name Cloud in the Character Discussion section, it still doesn't feel real. Sakurai you crazy

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819

Lol, pretty funny.

I just haven't had any hype for anything thus far, so I wanted to take the Mickey out of people who were disappointed with the announcement and were otherwise excited for previous characters.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I love how Sakurai, even after all the leaks, all the speculations and everything we have done so far, he managed to pull a "Wii Fit Trainer" announcement.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Man Cloud looks so fun to use but I haven't really played that many FF (not even VII). I usually don't play as characters unless I've played their original games buuuut I might make an exception here. I'm gonna try and play as many FF games as I can before he comes out though.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
so I found this on my twitter log or whatever

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hope nobody minds me posting my Cloud reaction here.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
The only thing missing is a release date, but we can probably expect him to be ready in about a few weeks to a month's worth of time.

Midgar looks nice, music seems to be ripped directly from VII, with remixes of some songs being possibleI. This is gonna be great.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So is this the thread for discussing and speculating his moveset?
' Cause I think that the magic casting animation, the victory pose (EEEEEEE!!), and the sword-planted-hand-on-hip pose are his three taunts.
Actually, I think we've seen most of his moves already, save for a few throws.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
We're all living on Cloud 9 right now.
Don't you mean in 7th Heaven?

So what do you guys think?
Will Cloud have an English voice actor or just keep the Japanese one? Which would you prefer?

Last edited:

Mullkaw

Smash Rookie
Bad news, Cloud may be a lightweight. Why? Because he floats along the ground as he dashes. The other two that do this are Rosalina and Mewtwo, both of whom are regarded as heavyweights in their respective games but are reduced to lightweight status in Smash. Being a lightweight with a recovery that barely beats out Doc really hinders his survivability.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It'd be dumb if he didn't have English voices.

They can easily recycle voice clips.

Bad news, Cloud may be a lightweight. Why? Because he floats along the ground as he dashes. The other two that do this are Rosalina and Mewtwo, both of whom are regarded as heavyweights in their respective games but are reduced to lightweight status in Smash. Being a lightweight with a recovery that barely beats out Doc really hinders his survivability.
Palutena does this too.

The difference is that Rosalina and Mewtwo always float, even when walking.

I don't really think it means anything. Cloud isn't really floating, he's doing an "anime jump dash". It's like the Air Dash in Dissidia:

Last edited:
Top Bottom