• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

75M was almost perfect...

manhunter098

Smash Lord
People actually like this stage?

Granted, it's not as terrible as WarioWare, Inc., but the walk-off edges, confusing floors, and the spring thing that flies at you make it extremely annoying.

As for Onett, I don't really have a problem with it.
I love WarioWare, Inc. with Ike. Its just about the only level I have found to give me the opportunity to F-Smash with Ike, since the minigames often distract people, especially the dont move one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hate this level. All the disconnected platforms make it really hard to actually fight.

They really screwed up the DK levels in this game, in my opinion. I wish they would've made a stage after a DK Country game, like a Bramble Blast level or something.

Yeah, but I don't much care for 75M
I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Bramble Blast level would've been win. Like, epic win.

In any case, I agree, the disconnected platforms are probably one of the most annoying parts of the stage. And yeah, DK got screwed over. Moving stage, large hazardous stage, and small stage with flowing water. The other two stages are the only two relatively normal stages, and even the other Melee stage (can't remember exactly what it's called) has the Klaptrap which can come straight into battle and kill you in a second.

I love WarioWare, Inc. with Ike. Its just about the only level I have found to give me the opportunity to F-Smash with Ike, since the minigames often distract people, especially the dont move one.
Heh, I love catching people unawares on Warioware. And by people, I mean people who sit there during the "Don't move" one. I don't care if you're supposed to do it for the microgame, unless everyone follows it (which is hard to predict) you're done for.

Rash

Smash Ace
I just played this stage for the first time in a while, and I disagree that it's a bad stage. In fact, it's more fun if the fights are kept in the bottom half. The music is catchy, and the sounds that play when you get points from grabbing items is a very nice touch. Really, I believe now that 75m is underrated, just like Flat Zone 2.

I then went and played Mario Bros. Now THAT'S just a bad stage overall. Not that it's unplayable or anything, but it's just not that fun of a design. The "fun" potential isn't as prominent as 75m's, not in the least.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just played this stage for the first time in a while, and I disagree that it's a bad stage. In fact, it's more fun if the fights are kept in the bottom half. The music is catchy, and the sounds that play when you get points from grabbing items is a very nice touch. Really, I believe now that 75m is underrated, just like Flat Zone 2.
Was agreeing until that point...

On the fireman one, it's fine. But the zoo one and the gas station one...those are really annoying, especially the zoo one. (I don't know the exact names, I'm sorry)

Seriously, a game of ping pong is taking place in the zoo, and you're the ball. And God forbid you get hit by one and not the other, because then you'll most likely die.

The original Flat Zone was much better. Although Flat Zone 2 (the song) is much better and catchier.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I actually enjoy 75m primarily because everyone else hates it, or sucks at the stage. It can be a counterpick for any character if you take the time to practice and learn the stage. When picking Diddy, I always pick 75m as the stage to go to. Also, the main song for the stage is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Billiards Koopa

Smash Rookie
I'll admit, I would have preferred any other level from Donkey Kong. 25, 50, or 100m would have been better. But I still love this stage.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
75 m, Brawl DK stages

I hate this level. All the disconnected platforms make it really hard to actually fight.

They really screwed up the DK levels in this game, in my opinion. I wish they would've made a stage after a DK Country game, like a Bramble Blast level or something.

Yeah, but I don't much care for 75M

I agree. A Bramble Blast level would've been kicken. I don't really like 75m at all . I played an online match here once and thought it was horrible because I thought I was going through a maze rather than fighting. I like the retro idea and how its different from going with another Jungle Theme, but the stage just isn't very good for an all out battle. Maybe it was meant to be that way though. There already are a lot of great stages, so maybe it was thrown in just for kicks and to enjoy the classic arcade game; especially for those people in the 80's who will have great flashbacks. I don't really like the Classic Mario Bros levels much either, but it was cool to reminise over those games again.

On a side note of DK levels instead of the same old boring jungle levels they could have come up with a different background for a new stage; even if it had to be moving. DKC games have consisted of Caves, Temples, Castles, Snow/Ice/ Lava and pirate ship levels to name a few. They couldn't have tried something else other than another Jungle? Instead of the Rumble Falls level they could have had Toxic Tower and made a Screech's Sprint level similiar to Delfino Plaza with Squawk's and Schreech racing in the background and if you touch them you get hit. True there are already fire, castle, snow, temple and pirate stages, but a caverns stage would have been smashing. This coming from a Diddy main.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i like it, but i think you had to have played donkey kong to actually enjoy it. it's great nostalgia

and i honestly don't think it "replaced" anything. if anything, it would be in or not in at all, without anything replacing it

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Want real, crazy *** fun??

Try Final Destination, 4 TLs ITEMS HIGH.

SPAM DAIR FTW.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I love 75m with every fiber in my body. Yes, I said it.

I personally think its fun for 2v2, and FFA's.

I am one of the few players that actually enjoys the gimmicky stages. /:

I competitively play, too, but FFA's are endlessly entertaining.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with the hazards on 75m. Any and all of them. Fireballs are annoying, but they don't kill you, and the springs are easy to see coming (and fun to throw your opponents into).

My only problem with it is the ladders. Being someone who uses Tap Jump as his primary method of jumping, its hell trying to navigate the stage.

The fact that its a big stage without any "trap" areas (ceilings) makes it a fun level for FFA's. But those ladders... urgh.

Netz0r

Smash Rookie
Real tawk. At least WarioWare is fun to play on. 75M to me is just a pain.
That's the truth. Sadly, there are still people who like 75m.

Oh well, at least no one likes New Pork City, right? Right? Riiiiiiiiiight?

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
I guess im one of the few then, i think 75m is fun, not a serious stage but just to mess around on. lol.. yah, i dont think ANYONE likes Newpork

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't like this level. I didn't know anyone did. o_O

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This stage rocks in my opinion when you play with the right people. I remember getting the most competitive on this stage for the very reason that the level design is sporadic. And besides...

How can you NOT enjoy collecting points? I think my high score with a friend was like 10,000 before someone lost.

The music makes it that much better.

The stage gets fun after 494805485 battles on FD. I don't mind playing on FD and Neutral stages. But some variety is good every now and then.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I hate all DK stages.
They all suck (except for the Melee one).
They're so annoying. Rumble Falls I can stand a bit more than 75m I think because of the scenery. That helps but I hate the idea of always climbing. And 75m is just so big and has so many platforms and objects flying everywhere it just gets annoying. I'd be surprised if someone liked that stage.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
But 75M is like Icicle Mountain from Melee.
And Icicle Mountain is so good for tournaments.
[/ObscureMookierahReference]

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
You mean Rumble Falls is like Icicle Mountain?
Like I said, I can stand Rumble Falls a little bit but I just don't like constantly climbing.
I would like to stay put everyone once in a while.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Dude, 75M wouldn't suck as bad if it didn't exist. My friend likes it, but I want it to die in a hole filled with raw sewage.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I hate this stage,so it's not even close to perfect IMO. But nothing is as terrible as Warioware...
What?! Warioware might not be all that competitive, but otherwise the music is absolutely stellar and the mini-games can be really fun. 75 is a disgrace as a stage, riding on nothing but nostalgia, and really shouldn't be compared with Warioware.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i hate 75m sooo bad.... i think sakurai wuz on drugs while making that stage XD its so annoying the springs, when donkey kong wakes up and gets mad and that fireball. stage is stupid and music is horrible =O and warioware is cool the minigames make the stage funner so yeah warioware wins

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I love this stage. It's a novelty stage; it's not supposed to be simple.

It's novelty is what makes it so great, and the different hazards aren't so damaging that they've ever, ever ruined my game. As a matter of fact, avoiding the hazards while fighting against against your opponent (adapting to the situation, really) is what makes it fun.

BFG9

Smash Apprentice
I hate all DK stages.
They all suck (except for the Melee one).
They're so annoying. Rumble Falls I can stand a bit more than 75m I think because of the scenery. That helps but I hate the idea of always climbing. And 75m is just so big and has so many platforms and objects flying everywhere it just gets annoying. I'd be surprised if someone liked that stage.
I do XD Is one of my favorite stages...er second best

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Actually that walk off portion is the safest place on the whole stage to be on. If it werent for that it would just be a match of hitting the opponent into Donkey Kong and Fireballs.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
75m is more of a challenge to see who stays alive, rather than who can beat the other in an actual fight

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
75m is more of a challenge to see who stays alive, rather than who can beat the other in an actual fight
It's not like the stage is actively trying to kill you. Once you know what the hazards do they are relatively easy to avoid, just like every other stage. It's not like they eventually fill up the stage like the Mario Bros stage, but even that has it's ways to avoid it.

Also, this stage almost requires that you have a good aerial game so you don't fall under the non-grab platforms.

Top Bottom