• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/28 C3's JULY JUGGERNAUT! Smash Singles/Doubles Double Elim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
phil, i hope you and jon know me enough that im just trying to instill some food for thought in these people that sweat tornys hardcore.

vik - if you have enough time to make a black peach playing basketball on an internet sig... well i think that says enough about you.

lol the newb!? please dont talk.

SEED - LINK DITTOZ!!!
i didnt make it. someone made it for me. there you go assuming stuff without knowing anything. you dont know me. dont pretend to

Raftbuilder

Smash Cadet
shut the **** up masa, ur not better than anyone cuz u "have a life"

dont assume anyone on here doesnt have a life because they play this game when u play the same **** game.

dont **** with my friends, that really pisses me off

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
phil, i hope you and jon know me enough that im just trying to instill some food for thought in these people that sweat tornys hardcore.

vik - if you have enough time to make a black peach playing basketball on an internet sig... well i think that says enough about you.

SEED - LINK DITTOZ!!!
since when did you become not cool

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
finally ill be able to go to a big tourny!! im probably ridin up with vist so ill def enter with DK lol thisll be interesting

The Newb

Smash Ace

SEED - LINK DITTOZ!!!
Food for thought aka assuming things about slikvik and being condescending. I like it that you have such a life and you're so wise that you come on a forum and preach bull**** like you think anybody gives a **** about what you say.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
****, the next tourny's on the 18th, i'm gonna be gone then. ****. you you people in the fall i guess.

btw, if i started hosting UMD dorm tournies/smashfests, who'd wanna come? Alphazealot's been pushing me to.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Thank you jtanic.

Phil's the one tellin me that i hang out w/ brian too much. Wtf does that mean!? Does he think he's rubbing off on me the wrong way? Yea jon i get pissed too when people talk **** about my friends as well. Watever im done w/ that.

I know this is clearly a touchy subject. I was trying to make the point that a life centered around video gaming is unhealthy. Everyone knows that theres nothing wrong with playing video games every now and then. But i know for a fact that theres are people that devote 50% or more of their lives to this game and thats just downright pathetic.

I know i have spent way too much time on this game in the past year. I regret this. I wish i had my senior year back. My grades would have been much better. But thats impossible. Now its college and I'm off to Tech and I'm deff not going to make the same mistake. Maybe, just maybe someone on these boards feels the same way i do....maybe.

I hope that people just getting into this game don't play it till their eyes bleed when they can easily find happiness and satisfaction elsewhere.(my summer examples) My advice was for the handful of people on these boards that i actually care about. Trust me its not many.

But most of you guys cant even try to see it from my side...which is sad.

Raftbuilder

Smash Cadet
Why is it downright pathetic for people to have a hobby?

From what it seems to me you're trying to justify your not being as good at this game as a lot of people at the fact that they have "no life".

Oh, and trust me, not many of us care what you have to say. And by not many, I mean none of us at all.

So you can keep your pety comments to yourself and if people want to play the game, and actually dedicate the time to do it, let them do so. Hell, i'd put more money on them since they can actually dedicate themselves instead of half-assing everything in life.

For the last year and a half i've played i've had a job, been in college, and had a girlfriend the entire time, yet always managed to find room for smash on the side. So pretty much, don't preach to people who simply want to see full results from a tournament over the weekend with your high and mighty attitude because honestly, you're no better than any of us.

And with your attitude, i'd say you're the bottom of the barrel.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Why is it downright pathetic for people to have a hobby?

From what it seems to me you're trying to justify your not being as good at this game as a lot of people at the fact that they have "no life".

Oh, and trust me, not many of us care what you have to say. And by not many, I mean none of us at all.

So you can keep your pety comments to yourself and if people want to play the game, and actually dedicate the time to do it, let them do so. Hell, i'd put more money on them since they can actually dedicate themselves instead of half-assing everything in life.

For the last year and a half i've played i've had a job, been in college, and had a girlfriend the entire time, yet always managed to find room for smash on the side. So pretty much, don't preach to people who simply want to see full results from a tournament over the weekend which your high and mighty attitude because honestly, you're no better than any of us.

And with your attitude, i'd say you're the bottom of the barrel.
This post delivers.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Thank you jtanic.

Phil's the one tellin me that i hang out w/ brian too much. Wtf does that mean!? Does he think he's rubbing off on me the wrong way? Yea jon i get pissed too when people talk **** about my friends as well. Watever im done w/ that.

I know this is clearly a touchy subject. I was trying to make the point that a life centered around video gaming is unhealthy. Everyone knows that theres nothing wrong with playing video games every now and then. But i know for a fact that theres are people that devote 50% or more of their lives to this game and thats just downright pathetic.

I know i have spent way too much time on this game in the past year. I regret this. I wish i had my senior year back. My grades would have been much better. But thats impossible. Now its college and I'm off to Tech and I'm deff not going to make the same mistake. Maybe, just maybe someone on these boards feels the same way i do....maybe.

I hope that people just getting into this game don't play it till their eyes bleed when they can easily find happiness and satisfaction elsewhere.(my summer examples) My advice was for the handful of people on these boards that i actually care about. Trust me its not many.

if i wasn’t at work right now bored out of my mind, i wouldn’t even respond to this bs. look at it from my perspective. I see some kid telling me and others that we have no life and callin us losers. he assumes random **** and basically because at one point in his life, he let a hobby affect his life negatively. we can see it from ur point of view. Whats sad is that youre trying to project ur own feelings of regret on people.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I'm sure you knew what I was getting at. I was referring to the argument we had in the TNR thread where he spouted all of the same BS that you're spouting now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Masahiro said:
My advice was for the handful of people on these boards that i actually care about. Trust me its not many.

See what from your side? Nobody here is attacking your lifestyle. Nobody here is telling you to get a life and play more smash. Nobody really gives a crap about what you do. YOU are the one who feels the need to pedal his opinions on us. You feel bad about how you spent you senior year? Well that sucks, my last year has been great, thanks for looking out though. If you're really interested in converting people who don't wanna hear it why don't you volunteer to be a missionary in Iraq (I'm not saying get yourself killed, just pointing out how both are very silly).

Now I'm kinda curious, have you ever even met Slikvik? You know he has no life or you just got that vibe cause he was curious about his tourney placing? I bet he hasn't slept since Saturday, trying to calculate everyone's placings without official results....

Hurray for Ike! A Roy that doesn't suck!

aho43

Smash Lord
Masa is too cool for school. He's also too cool to get any good at this game, but hes too cool, so he doesn't care.

I'm pretty good at this game, but i can honestly say i don't spend much time on it. Sure I put in my time when i first got involved, but I play once a twice a week at most. The majority of smashers don't dedicate as much time to this game as you think. We're just really good at videogames, so we don't have to try hard. :D

I don't have any ill feelings towards you Masa, but being judgemental and putting yourself on a pedastal for being less involved with melee is pretty stupid. And it makes you look like an ***. Relax and don't take **** so seriously.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Ok, shoutouts here I guess...

Yay Neo for Roy ditto, I'm inspired.

Sorry again EE. T.T

Hat - XD at my suiciding Fox, but you're good. O.O

Hope - We did decently against Chillin/Kaiser for a first tourney, good stuff.

Plank - Close one vs Husband, I need to learn to play against Sheik for teams at least.

Husband - I'll keep asking for Marth dittos. ;)

Kirbstir - Every time I fight you I learn something. ^^

I'm gonna laugh at whatever Ken says when he closes this topic, whatever it is. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom