• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 Things work in brawl?

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol...well im bored, because the boards seem pretty dead today. Anyway...i was strolling around the Fox boards, and many players there seem to agree that Fox in brawl plays a lot like fox played in 64?

Now...take notice: I was the most casual of casuals when i played smash bros 64. That was back when my favorite game was Tekken (LOL), i was way too obsessed with FF7, and I once choked my brother because he wouldnt give up the gameboy (it was my turn to play pokemon man...).

lol, anyway, so i heard this, and started watching some Isai videos of falcon (which....hes so good. the best ever by leaps and bounds in 64).

Do things like up air to down air still work in brawl? I've never tried it...anyway, i guess i was wondering, do any Falcon techniques from 64 work in brawl?

I dont know much about 64...but just curious if any of the Falcon strats carry over to brawl?

Iwan

Smash Ace
up air -> up air -> up air -> up b. I've seen it on some videos around here at least anyway.
Really? haha....the players they were playing against probably weren't very skilled, that combo is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to pull off.

seriously.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
You can't be serious. The person who got hit by that combo probably doesn't know about the L and R buttons.
quite the opposite, i can hit them because people have a tendency to Air-dodge as soon as they see me comming in air. You just wait until the invincibility frames end then Dair

sorry bro thought you commented on the Uair to Dair not working

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
One thing I've been messing around with is Jump with instant Uair, then Double Jump + Uair -> Uair again. It works REALLY well on the sandbag but I'm not sure how it would work in-game. I always forget to try it out but I'll try and work it in today when my friends come over.

As for Brawl = 64, I have no idea. While I did play as Falcon in 64, I wasn't very good with him. Plus I liked Ness just as much. lol

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Another thing to keep in mind is that Falcon has a slightly different moveset in 64, so there's that to consider. Also, 64 did have enough hitstun and mobility to enable for combos. Brawl is really the first of the series to shy away so much from them.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So I had this idea, one that I can't endeavor on, since I don't spend enough time learning Falcon's intricacies (though, I've almost got the knee and nipple launch™ down lol...)

But uh...

Make a "combo" thread of useful setups for either damage or finishes.

But point out the openings and %'s that it works, like
[] = Places where your opponent can DI, airdodge, counterattack, or otherwise escape the combo

D-throw [] > SH Knee (50%-60%)
[]* Opponent must DI away toward you. Will only kill if done from the edge.

^ I made that up though, btw x.x;

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
The only thing i want from ssb for capt falcon isnt combos, its teh sexy taunt cancel
ssh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-oh your mo-mo-mo-mo-mo ves

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Another thing to keep in mind is that Falcon has a slightly different moveset in 64, so there's that to consider. Also, 64 did have enough hitstun and mobility to enable for combos. Brawl is really the first of the series to shy away so much from them.
64 Fair > Brawl Knee IMO. The same can be argued about Fsmash.

WHY DOES FALCON SUCK SO MUCH NOW? We're going to be stuck with Brawl Falcon for probably at least a decade too, if not forever *desperately hopes for SSB4 that revives the Captain*.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
If there is an SSB4, but I strongly suspect there will be. Nintendo is king reusing franchises.

I really wish his old fsmash animation could've been kept for Melee and Brawl. It has so much more range. But, eh, no real point in hoping for it.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
If there is an SSB4, but I strongly suspect there will be. Nintendo is king reusing franchises.

I really wish his old fsmash animation could've been kept for Melee and Brawl. It has so much more range. But, eh, no real point in hoping for it.
All I know is that Falcon has been falling further and further down the tier list with each game. If that continues and he's WORSE in SSB4 than he is now in Brawl, I don't know if I'll really have the motivation to keep maining him. SSB4 NEEDS:

Raptor Boost to not have a flop on the end when it misses
New Fsmash
Fixed Knee
Fixed Dair
Longer grab range
L-Cancel
Moonwalk :p

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
ssb4 probably wont make falcon that much better. So far it seems like all nintendo wants is to increase their fanbase and invite new gamers in. New gamers want a game were all characters are equal and everyone is easy to use and easy to master which is why falcon got this big down grade.

sorry if this doesnt make much sense now but I am not in my right mind right now XP.

Top Bottom