• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

trigg

Smash Rookie
hey trigg where do u live at?
i saws u post on my 818 thread, n for now i cant host anything but im down to smash
smashing with 626 is a goal of mine..........
maybe we can arrange for me to get a ride whenever u head over there (assuming u live somewhat close to me, and assuming ud be ok with it)

I JUST found this:

amazin

so when do u 626 guys smash in the day time? (like 1pm to 10pm n stuff......)
cause from what ive seen u guys start till like 8pm n stuffs, n id rather smash at day time
Usually its 8-9PM till the wee hours of the morning. But yeah I got no problem picking you up and dropping you back off after next time I head out.

I can't go tonight or tomorrow night, I can probably do late Friday night (after 9) then i'm going to Vegas till Monday (woot).

Edit: Just read the first half of your post, i'm all over 818. I live in Van Nuys, but i'm frequently in the 805 area (where my mom lives) and in the 310 area (where I work).

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so yeah as of now i can play friday evening, like after dinner, maybe 7-8 ish starting. please post here and/or give me a text if you wanna come, and please let me know way ahead of time.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Holy fudge...did yall know when Peach uses her Fair, she whacks you with her crown? Oh my goodness that's pretty awesome

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Haha, did you not know that Baka? I didn't notice that she used her crown until Brawl came out. Then I went back to Melee and was like O_o

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yes i did know that chris, lol. i thought my response to sung made that clear, but i guess not. also nice job getting third at festizzio's.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Inty yeah lol i remember you. Where in michigan are you? Don't they have any smash over there?

Also yeah just post when you get back I'll be hosting occasionally..

Sung i really wished our teams matches against stab/hyprid were recorded now, lol...

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I go to a boarding school in Interlochen, Michigan. It's by Traverse City. Really small, completely secluded, and I'm studying classical voice. But I play Smash with my friends at least every other day. :D

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I know most of my problems are mis positioning but also I think I can DI the dash attacks better...down+away I always just do away now that I think about it

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uh probably friday?

who wants to come?

also, i used to get mad when i lost to sungs alternates in friendlies. then he told me he actually concentrated in friendlies. that made me feel a bit better.

sung notice anything about meeeeeeeeeee?

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Who the FUDGE doesn't concentrate in friendlies...that's how you get better...

Yea you were being less stupid as time went on, bad for me

baka4moé

Smash Champion
well i dont really concentrate when im playing my alternates sung, GEEZ.
actually i dont concentrate as peach in friendlies that often, unless my opponent is better than me and/or i start losing haha...

well thanks man but i was hoping for advice, not a compliment lol.

so yeah friday anyone..

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
WHAT A DOUCHE

i always concentrate
even when i play my ****ty secondaries
they just suck that bad

loooooooooooooool

alright friday sounds swell
maybe

baka4moé

Smash Champion
all right let me rephrase so i dont sound like a ****.

concentrating in smash is hard, and when im playing friendlies, its more often than not just a way for me to blow off steam, and i dont want to "work" while playing. i do also play friendlies to improve though, and i do concentrate then. like, towards the second half of my games with sung.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sung any advice?

man i really want trigg to actually come over so we can record stuff, itll be easier to see what we're doing wrong..

alfredo what does ur second line mean?? lol

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I learned a lot, like full jump/double jumping then falling aerials getting me ***** (obviously but some are really subtle) among other things

also learned a lot from manatee's falco

stop shield grabbing? umm I dunno stop downsmashing as much? I still keep getting hit by lots of those in ******** fashion...

those sea cows are "graceful creatures" as life ruiner calls it

SUNG475

Smash Ace
What me and Johnny said should be enough for now...work on those first...why would I tell you different things when you haven't resolved the first ones

baka4moé

Smash Champion
alfredo 19th doesnt really mean anything...and im not that good at observing myself tbh

sung, because i dont think sheild grabbing and dsmashing are the only reasons why i suck, so i want to know what else to improve on. i am still consciously trying to not sg and dsmash as much, and i dont see whats wrong with wanting to consciously try to fix other things as well.

though i guess what johnny told me before is stuff i gotta try to remember and work on..

EDIT: sung respond to my text please

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i was just joking with you man

also i wholeheartedly agree with sung's position

baka4moé

Smash Champion
nah alfredo its all good i know you were joking, but i guess my response didnt have enough sarcasm in it for anyone to notice lol.

yeah what sung said makes sense. i think a better way to word my point is that, completely breaking those habits may take a long time and/or i will still eventually fall into them even way down the road, so saying i should only focus on that and only that seems a little inefficient. i hope that makes sense.

i guess though bottom line is i need to improve, so i shouldn't rely on sung all the time.

hey alfredo next time u come would you be willing to bring your recording stuff? only if its not too much trouble though, its not too big a deal if not.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Watch your rolling. I watched your set with Stab from last weekend (I think) and you were rolling all over the place. It's hard with Falco because he can force rolls more than other characters IMO, but if you watch it again there are several times where he just waits and you roll into him giving him an easy combo starter.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i know how you feel about falling into stuff but i still thinking strengthening one area of your play will net you better results...in a way.
i don't think it's innefficient unless you're at the top of those skills or maybe some sort of plateau.
at least this way, you can TELL that you're getting better instead of trying to manage raising a bunch of skills slowly and evenly. plus this way those single skills become more ingrain i think, whereas your way you might be battling to keep all the things remembered
basically you focus on one or two weaknesses at a time and when you're good at them, you can work on the rest in the same way

i'm really bad at explaining stuff so i hope that you understand what i'm trying to say

like i said, i either need a vcr/dvd player(?) or splitters (or a tv with dual output)...and i only have the former..........lol
but obviously if you have any of those things it will work
i have no problem bringing my laptop and the recording stuff
so i guess that's sorta a problem

baka4moé

Smash Champion
all right thanks chris. ya i watched it again it noticed it most in game 3. i knew i started to panic in game 3, but i didn't notice that the rolls were a result of it. i'll keep that in mind when im trying to maintain composure. any thoughts on what could be done instead? i dont think sitting in shield is a good idea, and i guess just jump to float is fine so long as he doesnt laser, but ya not sure falco seems to have a counter to most options..

so alfredo u need splitters? dunno what dual output is, i guess we can talk about it next time you come over.

or trigg could actually come over, lol.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
my bad
the tv just needs one output
(you know how the thing where you connect the GC a/v cables is the input?)
unfortunately most TVs don't have outputs :(

here's a picture for reference:
http://www.artectv.com/Service_e/nl/home/digital tv/Connecting to TV and Video Devices.jpg

only pay attention to the thing in the middle and how it says AUDIO at the top and VIDEO at the bottom, where the left side is OUT and the right side is IN

that's what the TV needs to have

Top Bottom