• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

baka4moé

Smash Champion
im glad to hear that alfredo. keep at it! i wish i could give more than just generic advice, but i don play samus..i'll look at the vids tomorrow night, imma take a final now and then go to E3 tomorrow afternoon ^_^

sung i hope you're joking lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL wtf at that pic

EDIT: maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

i gotta say, smash bros 4 is not looking good for hardcore gameplay imo, with the compatibility with the 3ds and all. plus how are we gonna wavedash with that bulky controller..

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
That's kind of unfounded, isn't it? They haven't even started development yet and compatibility doesn't necessarily mean they'll play the same.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i agree with christopher here

i just hope they don't try to make it fruity and add **** characters like *insert brawl characters*

also they should bring back mewtwo

edit:
actually lucas *****
i forget what other brawl characters there are
but probably keep wario
cuz everyone seems to love wario
i hate that douche
look at him

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to play Melee Saturday? I'm free any time from about 9am to 3pm; I live in Pasadena and I offer a pretty good Marth and decent other high-tier characters and Samus (not sure where she is on the list now).

If I get re-addicted to this game, which I predict I will, I may reserve this noonish Saturday time slot for Melee every week.

Anyway, please PM me if interested. Happy Smashing!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
well think about it, the 3ds doesn't exactly seem like a system where you can play smash geared towards the hardcore gamer. like, a feature like that seems like it would steer the gameplay more towards the casual....unless im missing something here...
that isnt to say that i dont want the new smash to be good, i just hope its not a brawlified version of brawl

channlsrfr me and sung will maybe notsureyet play on saturday, and if so probably around noonish or a little later. if we play itll be near the caltech campus. where do you live? also you're sort of in luck i normally have people over on the weekends, except after this saturday, i'll be gone for three weeks, but after that, you can come over if you want

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
well you don't know exactly what's gonna be "synced" between the two
and obviously the 3ds version is going to be drastically different from the wiiU one
at least i would figure
i dunno we'll see i guess

YOU'RE GONNA BE GONE FOR 3 WEEKS WHY DID YOU NOT ALERT EVERYONE
what am i gonna do now
who's gonna host
i feel so lost

baka4moé

Smash Champion
dude ive been saying this for a while now lol. sorry alfredo, if its any consolation houston melee sucks *** and im probably not really gonna play at all =C

and uh
if the new smash will be cross platform, i dont know if theyll be that different...which kinda sucks
on the bright side, the wiiu controller does seem suitable for wavedashing/lcancelling lol. although light shielding seems not too plausible..

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yeah i'm kidding i remember you saying something sometime about you leaving for a while but i never really paid attention lol

i just really hope they put mewtwo back in and make him high tier
and samus better not suck again
if she does
no way am i playing it (at least not seriously lol)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yeah for reals

peach better be ****ing amazing

also on an unrelated note, korean dj is apparently back. he just won a local in the northeast. :o

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I saw that and frankly...it didn't look like grand finals, looked like friendlies

Filled with SDs and KDJ taunt cancelling on Randall

//edit// now that baka's finally gone, PARTY AT ALFREDO PIZZA!!!

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
LOL at the pizza. They said there would be connectivity between the two, but that doesn't mean they'll play they same. I relate it to playing Zelda on a console and playing it on the DS; similar concepts but totally different execution. I imagine connectivity between the two of them to be related to trophies, stickers, maybe unlocking levels and stuff. I also wouldn't be surprised it they use the touch screen (on the DS and the U) like the C-Stick, giving you quick access to Smash attacks and B-moves.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i think that if they're pushing for connectivity between the two that it will be more involved than just non-gameplay elements....

also apparently sakurai plans to use brawl as a starting point....****....

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm just basing this off of other Nintendo connectivity things in the past. The biggest connectivity shenanigans I can think of are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and LoZ: Four Swords Adventures where you used the GBA as a personal screen while playing Co-Op. I don't think either of those were super successful as they haven't really done anything like that since (that I'm aware of).

The Brawl news isn't too surprising. Melee was the GC's best selling game (Brawl is 8th for Wii), but Brawl has still sold 2 million more copies. It's all about the cash.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
channlsrfr me and sung will maybe notsureyet play on saturday, and if so probably around noonish or a little later. if we play itll be near the caltech campus. where do you live? also you're sort of in luck i normally have people over on the weekends, except after this saturday, i'll be gone for three weeks, but after that, you can come over if you want
Thanks, baka.

I live about 2 blocks NW of the Pasadena City College campus, which looks like it's directly north of Caltech by, like, 0.5 miles. So near Caltech would be awesome for me. Definitely let me know if you decide to play on Saturday; I can bring a TV/Cube setup also, if it's needed. I'll send you a PM with my phone #.

Also, I would like to thank Manatee for raising awareness about that lovable, seafaring mammal. I grew up in Florida, and manatees are seriously endangered, so they'll take any shouts-out they can get.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
alright someone get this guy good
anyone who cares about manatees has to ****

super *Like*

this is why martin is so good

baka4moé

Smash Champion
didnt know manatees were endangered. good **** reppin em martin.

channlsrfr we'll have to see, lol, since im leaving saturday evening, so itll be played by ear. also ya for sure when i get back in a month u can come over lots.

so apparently houston will have 1, hopefully 2 tournies while im there. im aiming to get second (after wobbles) and wanna rep socal hard. ^_^

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
@ LifeRuiner: lol ... I don't know how **** I am, but manatees are, for sure.

@ Baka: No problem. Do what you gotta do. Pwn some Texans for us.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Baka...I really want this channlsrfr to play with us on sat...omg Manatee...so ****...RESPECT!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wait you're right alfredo. im gonna kick wobbles' ***(es)

i have like 0 ic's experience though, whenever i play fly he uses sheik....fly next time we're at the same tourney before genesis can u give me tips/practice with the match-up??? please lol.

sung we'll see i'll probably be able to if we finish on time, at least for a couple hours.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, that's fine. I actually plan on going ICs against Peach from now on anyways since I'm tired of relying on secondaries.

Be warned that Wobbles is notably better than I am at that match-up, though.

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
Also, I would like to thank Manatee for raising awareness about that lovable, seafaring mammal. I grew up in Florida, and manatees are seriously endangered, so they'll take any shouts-out they can get.
I was so happy to read this.

didnt know manatees were endangered. good **** reppin em martin.
You didn't even know what they were two weeks ago...

Seriously though, they get ****ed up by boat propellers and the main cause of their endangered status is human activity; they have some natural enemies (like sharks) but it doesn't account for much towards their status.

All they want to do is swim around and eat plants; is that too much to ask for?

Also, Alfredo Pizza is always delicious. The Great White at BJ's is pretty good...

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's fine. I actually plan on going ICs against Peach from now on anyways since I'm tired of relying on secondaries.

Be warned that Wobbles is notably better than I am at that match-up, though.
wait you're right alfredo. im gonna kick wobbles' ***(es)

i have like 0 ic's experience though, whenever i play fly he uses sheik....fly next time we're at the same tourney before genesis can u give me tips/practice with the match-up??? please lol.

sung we'll see i'll probably be able to if we finish on time, at least for a couple hours.
Hey Fly,

How did you know baka was calling you out? Are their some special mod powers that tell you when you're being beckoned?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
OMG

I ****IN LOVE BJ'S

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

also thanks jeremy. and good luck with that, its nice to see that you plan to stick with ics all the way!

and yeah, wobbles is beast.....

martin, i have mod summoning powers, obv.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i knew they were some sort of marine animal, but for some reason i thought they were more like a sting ray or something. maybe cause of martin's original avatar.

there are some pretty cool animals out there

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i know that. but for some reason i thought it was somehow related to a manatee. but i was like nah it cant be a squid thingy, maybe something close to it....a sting ray! yeah, thats what it is!

WHA?

Smash Ace
nope especailly hype sung............. that foo shakes ur hand for a while..........

Top Bottom