• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

iankobe

Smash Lord
I think next Friday would be better since everyone will be out of school and I'm free.

I have a graduation to go to this Friday. What do you say Phampy? Next Friday?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
maybe tomorrow? lol I pretty much can go any day except today.. graduation ceremony lol

Umm just pick some other day besides friday then? or we could just wait two weeks x_x

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I wouldn't mind tomorrow but I don't know if friends want to do anything tomorrow plus I still have school the next day. Dang though, I got tackled pretty hard a couple of times today at Almansor playing this one game. I feel all dizzy lol.

Anyways, throw out dates and hopefully friends don't drag me away to somewhere to kick it. Just try not to say the 18th, 19th, 20th, or 21st because I'm busy for sure those days. Oh and weekends mean parents are home and brother as well so you guys lose TVs if we were to play on more than one.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind tomorrow but I don't know if friends want to do anything tomorrow plus I still have school the next day. Dang though, I got tackled pretty hard a couple of times today at Almansor playing this one game. I feel all dizzy lol.

Anyways, throw out dates and hopefully friends don't drag me away to somewhere to kick it. Just try not to say the 18th, 19th, 20th, or 21st because I'm busy for sure those days. Oh and weekends mean parents are home and brother as well so you guys lose TVs if we were to play on more than one.
Almansor? You play ball?

LOL. I was thinking about...maybe the 26th or the 27th? What do you guys think?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Nah I suck at basketball, I'm a tennis player but I quit last year. I was playing this one game where we had to cross a line and say "ooo" while trying to tag people and get back to your own side. If you stop saying "ooo" or someone tackles you, grabs you, whatever and you stop, then you get sent to jail lol. First time I heard of it was today though, apparently it was one of my friend's church game.

Anyways, 26th or 27th sounds fine, unless something comes up which I doubt, but I think my mom has a day off on the 27th if that's of any concern to you guys.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
hmm i would like to get some games in this week though with someone for a little practice before i go to shuffle and cut... my usual casual buddies are going to a graduation ceremony on friday (wow so many graduation ceremonies O.o)

last time i went to a tourney without practicing for a bit i played horribly =/ lols well i think it was more cause i played with my friends from school before too and i got into spamming fsmash on every character and winning haha

so phampy maybe just me and BVA can come this friday? or whoever wants to come?
plus then BVA can try out his recording equipment and such at your house =P

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
hmm i would like to get some games in this week though with someone for a little practice before i go to shuffle and cut... my usual casual buddies are going to a graduation ceremony on friday (wow so many graduation ceremonies O.o)

last time i went to a tourney without practicing for a bit i played horribly =/ lols well i think it was more cause i played with my friends from school before too and i got into spamming fsmash on every character and winning haha

so phampy maybe just me and BVA can come this friday? or whoever wants to come?
plus then BVA can try out his recording equipment and such at your house =P

shuffle and cut? is that one on saturday the 14th? do you have a site with info? jw. theres a chance ill be able to go lol.

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
Why don't we have one each Friday instead of nothing at all? If you guys don't do anything I will have something go on at my house on the 20th just to get everyone started. I won't be here regularly because I have summer school at Santa Barbara but we could at least jump start the 626 scene.

I recommend someone else do something if they can. Otherwise, I will come through if no one else does.

Yeah, I'm calling all you out. Someone step up.

iankobe

Smash Lord
The 20th sounds fine. In fact, we do have smashfest every Friday.

Ask Aznchef. I think he's fine with a smashfest at his house. We have two TVs so yeah. It should work out.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
shuffle and cut? is that one on saturday the 14th? do you have a site with info? jw. theres a chance ill be able to go lol.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=150099
thats the thread for it. they have a brawl tourney every saturday. Actually if you go maybe we could team up for doubles? I don't think my doubles partner is going to be able to come this weekend.

Double kirby team would be too good :)

lol i pretty much go to shuffle and cut whenever theres not another tourney and im not doing something else on saturday

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
You should host it next week or something Fresh, I don't want people not playing cause I'm off doing something else. I'll just show up to the next smashfest that goes on. Hopefully I'll make the ELAC tourney though. Oh and twilightkirby, I'm busy tomorrow so yeah... <_<

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
eh actually im gonna be busy tomorrow too anyways haha... hopefully i wont do too horribly at shuffle and cut XD

but ill definitely play with you guys next time you have a smashfest

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
So what's going on this Friday? Cause like, my friends postponed our beach trip till way later and instead I'm having a BBQ at night so I'm free in the afternoon for friendlies.

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
Once again, if all else fails I will try and throw something together.

To reiterate though, it'd be best if one of your regulars can host since you will be in SoCal throughout all of summer. If not, my place can hopefully suffice.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I'm fine with the smashfest at my house, But you guys probably have to leave somewhat early though, I'm having a BBQ at night (not sure when exactly) and one of my friend's is picking me up, so I don't want stragglers after at my house when I'm gone lol. I'll try to find out time later.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
So maybe we could come a bit earlier in the afternoon or do it on thursday? Or just leave early I suppose and only play for a few hours lol

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
Is everyone free this week?

I will most likely be restless before Friday so I will be down to bother any of you and show up at your door in order to be humbled.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
So maybe we could come a bit earlier in the afternoon or do it on thursday? Or just leave early I suppose and only play for a few hours lol
I'm fine with you guys coming earlier, just hope I'm awake (it's summer now, I wake up at like 12 <_<). Anyways, Thursday is a no go for me since I'm going to go karaoke lol.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I'm fine with you guys coming earlier, just hope I'm awake (it's summer now, I wake up at like 12 <_<). Anyways, Thursday is a no go for me since I'm going to go karaoke lol.
Sounds like you'll never be free and we could only play limited hours at your house.

Forget this. Let's just have one this Thursday.

Tell me whoever that can make it this Thursday and I'll arrange it.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Sounds like you'll never be free and we could only play limited hours at your house.

Forget this. Let's just have one this Thursday.

Tell me whoever that can make it this Thursday and I'll arrange it.
I can make it thursday XD

Ian I am looking forward to getting some pikachu practice... lol i lost to a pikachu at a tourney due to lack of pikachu experience =/

BVA

Smash Apprentice
If all goes well then yes i should be able to record!

Time and date for this smash acquaintance?

iankobe

Smash Lord
Here it is.

June 19th, 2008

626/323 Smashfest

329 S. 6th street Alhambra, CA 91801

2 pm.

We're gonna have 2 TVs and 2 Wiis ready. Bring an extra TV if you can people.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Is that gary's house?

Yay, it's on Thursday! Luckily I have nothing important to do on that day.
I`ll try to bring my recording devices to record our matches.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
lol don't make me regret it more. A couple of my friends are going off to camp soon and they're gone for a month, that's why I'm going out so much. I bet after this week, I won't have a life again haha.

Top Bottom