• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
kaleb! caleb? LOL wow. its been such a long time since ive talked to hannah. does she play brawl too? lol. caleb right?

Flowel

Smash Rookie
I'm a 626 smasher in Arcadia, but I can only go around to stuff in weekends since my parents still need to drive me and all. :/

iankobe

Smash Lord
So basically we've got people from Alhambra, Monterey Park, Arcadia.

Since we're getting bigger, who's wiling to open up their houses to have a smashfest? =]

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
So basically we've got people from Alhambra, Monterey Park, Arcadia.

Since we're getting bigger, who's wiling to open up their houses to have a smashfest? =]
I'll consider since it saves me the effort of driving around. I have 5 TVs around my house but they're all scattered, some are HD so the whole lag thing (unless I'm understanding it wrong), plus I'm not sure on the quality of some of my TVs. I'll probably check sometime next weekend. We'll see though, I have to see if parents allow though they seem to let me do almost anything I want lol.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I'll consider since it saves me the effort of driving around. I have 5 TVs around my house but they're all scattered, some are HD so the whole lag thing (unless I'm understanding it wrong), plus I'm not sure on the quality of some of my TVs. I'll probably check sometime next weekend. We'll see though, I have to see if parents allow though they seem to let me do almost anything I want lol.
Wow. Almost ANYTHING you want? Is that even possible?!?!

LOL. Well, I'm seeing around more than 10 people. Can we all fit in your house?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
rofl. Well not almost anything, but they're really lenient with me. We'll see though. I think I can fit people in my house, but like I said before, they'll be scattered around. Oh and don't expect like those nice looking two story houses or anything, my house is just long lol. Still let's see if anyone else volunteers their house as well.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I live in 626 (pasadena) but I play melee only, if anyone still plays and wants to I'm down. Just IM me if you want to: ifc3svllrx7

BVA

Smash Apprentice
so am i included in the 10 howard? ;)

and if so, when?

iankobe

Smash Lord
so am i included in the 10 howard? ;)

and if so, when?
Of course you are. You're part of our Alhambra crew! Haha.

But yeah. Sleepy you should play Brawl. I've stopped playing Melee and am SO rusty right now.

I don't even remember how to play that game because of Brawl...=|

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I so want to go to this next time o.o I live in covina and like nobody around here plays brawl alhambra is the closest place I've heard of so far lol

BVA

Smash Apprentice
LOL dont even talk about SSBM. I felt so bad after i did terrible against gary. everyhing seemed so fast and my reaction time decreased. haha

Schools almost out and its minimum day finals all week! Get together and friendly anyone? Have to practice for Elac tourny :p Im also planning on getting video capture devices to upload clear videos onto youtube.

*Just to show you guys my ZSS(zero suit samus) main XD

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Hey BVA, if you do get a capture card, how about letting me borrow it so I can start working on my Jigglypuff compilation video. The Jiggs forum is practically begging for one, even if mine turns out to be mediocre =P

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Well a 2.0 SD card is worth 25 dollars and you would need A Wii SD adapter which is iDK how much. I wasn't planning to use the SD method as i have read that it doesn't work cause u get a .bin file. So i was planning to record it with a DVrecorder of some sort. i`m still figuaring things out. I`ll let you know when we get to the 626 meet-up. :) I`m hoping i could play somewhere this week since its basicly a free week for me.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
What I tried to do was use my old vcr and try to record it onto there first then record it onto the computer with a capture card afterwards but I don't have a capture card so a friend has the tapes and he still hasn't put them up... =/

if you have a capture card we could try recording like that.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
I guess when we meet up (hopefully this week) i`ll briny my SD card and we'll see what we can do? Or we could record it onto a DVD using the DVrecorder and place it into the computer and upload it is what im thinking.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Ah you have a DVrecorder? lets just use that then. But I think we need to organize where we are meeting and all too haha :)

BVA

Smash Apprentice
I don't know whose willing to open their house this week. I hope we get to play this week. Anyone willing to open up? :)

f.o.b

Smash Cadet
smashfest soon? nice.

harry you got manhandled by me. to your homeboy, DDD .. :(

EDIT: i'll eventually pwn DDD as wario, but brawl's getting a bit boring as of now, gonna take a little break and hope to start again.

iankobe

Smash Lord
smashfest soon? nice.

harry you got manhandled by me. to your homeboy, DDD .. :(

EDIT: i'll eventually pwn DDD as wario, but brawl's getting a bit boring as of now, gonna take a little break and hope to start again.
The reason why you're getting bored is because you keep playing the same people over and over. Try to have fun and don't beat yourself when you lose.

I think we should have a smashfest around next week. Since this week I have a lot of graduations to go to and all that, and school's officially off next week.

What do you guys say? Next Monday?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I could probably do Monday, as long as I find a ride (assuming it's not at my house). As far as I'm concerned, I'm free all this week and next week except 18th-20th unless something comes up.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Of course you are. You're part of our Alhambra crew! Haha.

But yeah. Sleepy you should play Brawl. I've stopped playing Melee and am SO rusty right now.

I don't even remember how to play that game because of Brawl...=|
thing is I've played brawl and own a copy, I've been trying to sell it for 25$ to someone, but no one seriously wants to buy it. I really hate the game.

iankobe

Smash Lord
thing is I've played brawl and own a copy, I've been trying to sell it for 25$ to someone, but no one seriously wants to buy it. I really hate the game.
Have you played with anyone outside of your area? Or try some new tricks with characters that you don't use.

Mickey: I thought your school ends this week?

iankobe

Smash Lord
Kirby: The guy's place where we usually have casuals doesn't want that many people there. In fact, we won't even fit.

Mickey: Woah. I thought you were in college!!

BVA

Smash Apprentice
How about friday instead? :) Last day of school.

bleh got a recording device. its actually a high digital camera. >_>'' pretty clear hope it works. I plan on using this until i get sorted with the video things.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
this friday would be great for me cause the people i normally play casuals with arent going to have casuals this week but it seems like we dont have anywhere to play yet anyways = /
lol ill go at pretty much any time though since school is out and all.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
I dont know. Im hoping that we would play this friday. It would be a good way to end the last day of school :) If we do play i could record our matches and post it on youtube with the new Digital camera i have.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Well my mom gave the okay, she doesn't know that we're not really acquainted yet though lol. Anyways, as long as no stupid **** goes on like drugs, she's fine with having people over anytime (or so she claims). <_<

Top Bottom