• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 19: Snow Storm Catastrophe

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I do agree that dubs is crazy fun. If there were 7 teams registered then I would totally enter. And lowering the fee of dubs would make me MUUUCH more likely to play.
also if vyzor got off his lazy butt and came then I would enter.

I would like to see dubs getting more hype, back when kurtis hosted we could get done singles + dubs pools and bracket in one day (and that was with a decent amount of entrants), it would be awesome if we could do that.

idea

Smash Master
i'd be cool with lower entry fee for doubles...i just want to play more doubles lol

edit: kason - to be fair though, that was probably with a venue that was open later than 9:00 PM

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah that's true actually, we were usually there pretty late. I think it could be doable though.. maybe.. Doubles pools and singles pools at the samish time? then doubles bracket (8 man bracket would be quicker than 8 man round robin) then singles? I guess it would be pushing it big time lol, probably not doable with like 33 people at a tourney

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Doubles should be the priority, but its inclusion should completely depend on the number of entrants. Not enough people = amateur or P:M brackets. For everyone playing Melee I think doubles would be the most beneficial in terms of "the event that would foster the most improvement". Learning how to wreck in doubles really helps your overall gameplay / strategy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'd love to see PM at these! wanna see canada's skillz at that game :]

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Doubles should be the priority, but its inclusion should completely depend on the number of entrants. Not enough people = amateur or P:M brackets. For everyone playing Melee I think doubles would be the most beneficial in terms of "the event that would foster the most improvement". Learning how to wreck in doubles really helps your overall gameplay / strategy.
yeah I actually pretty much agree with dis
I would love to have hyped doubles, its too good, but running dubs with only a few teams feels like a waste of time.

Top Bottom