• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th gen suicune

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

legitimate question: what really beats 5th gen suicune? suicune was a tip top poke for 2nd and 3rd gen, but fell a good bit for 4th gen. after playing it for the last 3 months, i've decided that suicune is what good players use when they want to win. when ou's top 5 was scizor, heatran, salamence, tyranitar, and gyarados, suicune was a lot of fun to use.

suicune really only loses to boosted grass knot or explosion. it seems like 5th gen removed both to some extent. water absorb helps vs gyarados on paper too if we ever get it formally. its not like me to stab at theory, but what does everyone else think? suicune looks really good on paper for the new games.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
5th gen hits really hard, so I'm not sure if Suicune is all that much better. In Rain, though, I'm sure CroCune will stall the **** out of everything, it could even counter MixMence.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wouldn't this go in the Moveset Discussion/Theorymonning thread?

I saw a Boiling Water Crocune do pretty well earlier today. Explosion doesn't halve Defense anymore so Suicune got a boost.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I think suicune is more of a late game sweep sort of pokemon, once you've dealt with its threats. then again, so is jaroda >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom