• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-562- BRAWL Garage Tourney Sunday April 13th ~Pics Added!!!!~

Race

Smash Lord
about a mile from the freeway, not too far, lol I'll post up a direction guide later on

Race

Smash Lord
OK guys one day left. . .

As a check up, can the people who are bringing either Wiis and/or TVs try to PM or text me? So I know exactly how many we have and so I can act accordingly. I'm basically spending the whole day getting ready for tomorrow picking up tables/chairs, TVs and other stuff.

So far we have 4 TVs and 3 Wiis.

If we had about 6 TVs with Wiis, that would be ideal. and anything extra can go to a cube with melee or something.

I've advertised this tourney in a lot of places and gotten good feedback so I expect the turn-out to be really big, bring a camera or something if you guys want.

I'm going to post up a direction guide to the house today in case the mapquest messes up (Its happened before I believe)

thanks guys, and I hope this will be a great success!

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
A couple of questions, here. I can sign up right when the tourney starts, right? Like, I can just get there at 5 and enter then and there? I'm not familiar with tourney-going and I'm not sure if there's anything I should do or would have to do before the actual tourney. Also, will there be free non-tourney TVs dedicated to everyone who's been knocked out? I know the TV count is low, but it would be great if there were extra TVs for the losers. ^_^;

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Romeo and I will be there at 5:30 right in time for singles. So don't even think about starting it early :)

BTW, what's up with these rules:
Tournament Details:
Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Only Neutral stages can be choosen.
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Loser's Bracket available! (Winner goes to semi-finals)

What do you mean by "winner goes to semi finals". Is this not a standard double elimination bracket?

The Game II

Smash Champion
-Loser's Bracket available! (Winner goes to semi-finals)

What do you mean by "winner goes to semi finals". Is this not a standard double elimination bracket?
Ouch, that sounds like a Reset Tournament. If that's the case, I'd hate to get to the winners finals and have to start over.

--GCII

Race

Smash Lord
you can show up at 5 and sign up for singles, it's only if you want to play in teams that the sign ups are 11am-12pm. So you can come anytime before 5:45 and still sign up for singles. Yeah if someone brings in an extra TV and wii we'll have casuals on that TV, so ppl bring TVs and Wiis! i'll set up as much as I can

As for the loser's bracket question.i'll change it to standard double elimination, so no worries

oh yeah directions are posted now @ the first post

The Game II

Smash Champion
As for the loser's bracket question. if you win loser's bracket you'll end up at the semi's (That's what i'm looking at.)I've done this before at tourneys i've ran and they worked out pretty well, i'm most likely gonna stick with this unless enough people show i'll prolly change it to standard double elimination.
OK now I'm curious. Can you show us a simulation of how this would work? thanks

--GCII

BarDulL

Town Vampire
you can show up at 5 and sign up for singles, it's only if you want to play in teams that the sign ups are 11am-12pm. So you can come anytime before 5:45 and still sign up for singles.

As for the loser's bracket question. if you win loser's bracket you'll end up at the semi's (That's what i'm looking at.)I've done this before at tourneys i've ran and they worked out pretty well, but it can change though. if enough people show i'll change it to standard double elimination, which by the looks of things will prolly happen. so no worries

oh yeah directions are posted now @ the first post
The winner of the loser's bracket should play the winner of the winner's bracket in the finals. I'm not sure how you intend on handling the semi finals, but you should definitely leave it as "standard double elimination" for the entirety of singles! It's probably much easier and is a lot less of a hassle anyways :)

Race

Smash Lord
My bad, standard double elimination it is. I messed up on the organizing. I'll run it on a lap top and have it ran like any other double elimination. I just realized that it doesn't work out quite so well like that, thanks for pointing that out. I ran something similar to this before and changed it a bit and I thought that would work. boy was I wrong, that tourney was smaller. well anyways thanks again. i'm really embarrassed now, lol trying to do something different and having it backfire on me. lol

no more surprises, standard double elimination

Race

Smash Lord
sorry for the double post*

We'll have drinks and food here, no charge. . . hahahahaha

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Teams:
-3 min team battle (Battle Royal Style) with NO Items.
-Only neutral stages can be chosen.
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-No loser's bracket
WTF, lol. 3:00 team battles? Is that a mistake lol. Hopefully you meant 3 stock 8:00 teams.

I wont be there for doubles but I might consider being there for singles.

Race

Smash Lord
changed the rules for doubles:
8 min 3 stock.

singles start no later then 6pm, so get here before or risk losing a spot.

great tourney so far. good turn out

Race

Smash Lord
Race's SSBB Team Tourney Results:

1st-Waft and Tip (Plan 9, Bardull)

2nd-Green Apples (DSF, Nezumi)

3rd-NEXT (DC, Lucky)

4th-Hammerstached FACE (Ultra Luigi, Sgt. Fluffles)

5th-Double Black (Lorenzo, Run)
-Manimals (Mango, Danimals)

7th-Cowmix sux (Cowmix, @.@)
-Show me you moves(elmo, Rai)

8th-Obama for 08' (Kanzaki, Pham)
-Granas is DEAD (Race, Eric)
-SOJ's(Jon, Merrick)

9th-PT for the win (didn't list . .you know who you are, let me know and i'll add u)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Teams got done at 3:30 p.m., so I left. A lot of people went to get something to eat, and some others just went home.

I'm not going back for singles, incase my absence becomes suspicious.

--GCII

bbb

Smash Champion
I got ***** in singles, lol.

this tourney was too good: great house, free food.

only complaints are that singles started late and yorba linda is a confusing *** city.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
1. DSF
2.Futile
3. DC
4. Romeo
5.hugs??
5.mango???
pete and pete???

thats all i remember. all that matters really.

Tourney was very **** EXCEPT for the ****ty bracket...****ty ****ty bracket. Im pretty sure oscar was behind it, seeing as his side of the bracket had 3 ppl in it and ours had 9. Watever he drew us **** as$ pictures though so its cool LOL.

edit - forgot about the free food, that was the best part.

Race

Smash Lord
Race's SSBB Tourney Singles Results:

1st
DSF (5-0)

2nd
Futile

3rd
DC

4th
Romeo

5th
HugS
Mango

7th
Danimals
Bardull

9th
Nezumi
Dao
Elmo
Plan 9

13th
RACE
sgt. Fluffles
Jon
PBody

17th
chop
wolf
ultra luigi
kouryu
blitz
tony2
merrick
lucky

25th
fury
zero
eric
spud
jason
tam
chewy
lorenzo
borg

33 joined!

Good tourney guys, thanks for the good turn out. It was cool meeting all you guys and those were some GGs. Special Thanks to Lorenzo for helping me organize the brackets.

I'm still working on my snake and hopefully can hit top 10 in the next tourney I go to (Thats my goal). But it was good seeing you guys play and I learned a lot so I thank you guys for that.

I wanted to start earlier, but people were coming in 5:45 and we didn't get underway till 6, I told people I would wait for them and start around 6, Romeo, HugS and some other guys didn't show up till 5:45ish and I didn't want to start without them. The team tourney took a lot less time then I anticipated. But the real highlight of the tourney was the singles.

They didn't want their High Rankers against each others at the start, so we tried are best to avoid it, but a lot of good people came. I told them that this was a tourney for fun and not something serious but they insisted so I tried my best to accommodate them. I tried my best to separate them till everyone was content enough.

Next time i'll have a earlier time for singles. . I'm thinking of holding one again soon, but singles only (Cause they take so deng long . . .lol) and in a different house

Anyways thanks guys, you made this a great success!

Dee Em Gee

Smash Rookie
I had to work yesterday. I missed out on free food?!?!

wow, I'm pretty sure i would have made like 30th place or something considering who went, but the free food would've been worth it, hahaha

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Replace the 5th place "BarDulL" with "HugS" and remove the 7th place "HugS" from the results.

I had to leave during the middle of singles due to higher priorities, so I assume HugS took my spot, haha.

I'm disappointed with how the Singles tournament didn't start until 6:00 pm when Doubles ended at around 4:00 pm, but I'm guessing there would have been a lesser turn out if Singles started earlier, so it's all good.

shout outs:

Plan 9 - RAAAPPEEEEE we owned teams wario/marth wtf??? wario is vastly underrated haha

Seargent Fluffles- yorba linda fails, 1 hour to find in-n-out -.- gj in teams, dedede is too good.

ultra luigi - OMFG jab jab up b...who does that, seriously, that is sooo good! nice seeing you again

the other guy from oxnard crew - i'm totally blanking out on your name, but you have a decent rob. go to school!! haha

HugS - @(#$ poke'mon stadium...i snuck away with the last two though! good ROB

Wolf - i find it hilarious that you play wolf, haha. honestly expected you to use peach, though. :laugh:

D.C. - omg XD well at least we're probably even from all those times you beat me in melee haha

Lucky - wow you were killing me in teams, not sure how we pulled 3 wins in a row on you guys :dizzy: good matches.

dsf/nezumi - wow those matches were really close, i was so sure we would lose :dizzy: good matches, the marth switch got us pretty badly!

race - thanks for hosting the tournament, hopefully singles will start immediately after doubles next time, you have a really nice venue, OMFG korean bbq was amazing.

kouryuu fighter - wow, you have one extremely campy metaknight, i'll have to get practice more against meta knight in general, good matches

jon & merrick - glad you guys came along, GJ for your first tournament! :D sucks we had to leave early, though. =(

MrPBody - sorry i had to steal back plan 9, your drawings are awesome though, i want my picture next time :D

azris - good wolf! i wanted a bit more practice vs. wolf, but i guess i'll have to wait :(

elmo - this guy uses a wii mote/nun chuck. wtf. WTF. hahaha good times, i hear you've been trash talking though! not sure what that's about =O doesn't sound good XD

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
kouryuu fighter - wow, you have one extremely campy metaknight, i'll have to get practice more against meta knight in general, good matches
LOL It's just Kouryuu. Anyway, yeah I kno I camped hard but your Marth completely outranged/outspaced me. I had to play super defensive and capitalize hard on your mistakes. But still you have a really good Marth in your hands. I'm surprised you didn't **** me since Marth's should naturally **** MK's lol. Just keep training.

Yeah, GG.

Race

Smash Lord
*Switched Bardull with HugS

Thanks for brining ur Wii bardull, it really helped out in the end. That's too bad about you leaving, It was awesome watching your marth. And again i'm sorry for starting so late, it was my first time hosting a smash tourney so I didn't know how long teams and singles would last (I'm used to holding 3s tourneys) but now I know and the next one I hold will be a lot better, especially with the timing.

I guess I should do shout outs also:

Everyone-thanks for making this a experience for me, It was worth it in the end when people were complementing on how the tourney was .. that made it all worth it.

Lorenzo- Much thanks for the laptop help, it moved things along great! what's the name of the program you had?

Kouryuu-Great close matches, I feel I lucked out a bit there but great games anyways, it was awesome fighing your MK and marth.

Bardull-Thanks for the Wii, when coxmix had to take his home I was worried, but remembered you brought yours. Thanks for the help! oh yeah, kick *** marth also, it was fun watching you and plan 9 win teams Wario FTW tho .. he's crazy.

DSF-Awsome snake play. It was cool having you there. i'll take in account the pointers you gave me. Hopefully I can do a little better next time. lol, great match with nezumi by the way, her pit was crazy!

Ultra Luigi-Great jab upB combo. . that was craziness! My bro is gonna look up more of your matches now!

Blitz-GGs man! great friendly guy what else can I say? It was nice watching your casuals with HugS, ROB Vs. ROB

Spud-GG man, it was my first time fighting a toon link that actually used bombs

Romeo-I was looking up D3 matches the last few weeks cause I wanted to pick him up for fun and I kept getting directed to your vids. Tourney comes around and I go against your D3 the first round, lol. Anyways GG.

and to anyone also I forgot about, GGs!

bbb

Smash Champion
bardull - remember that match I took your last stock with an up air and lost us the match? Good ****

romeo - your ddd is good ****

hugs - you're pretty much my hero

danimals - way to get greedy and throw the set against hugs away, haha

lucky - as far as I'm conserned you're the only person out there that actually uses sonic, also good **** ****** bardull's **** in teams

race - good tourney, I love korean bbq

futile - you have an amazing wario, we should play some time, swap little tricks, and all that

great tourney man, hope to see everyone again soon

edit: hey, are the videos of doubles up yet?

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Fun tournament guys. This is sgt fluffles by the way, smashboards is lame and wont let me change names lol.

Race - Way to hold a tourney man. free food, plenty of sitting places, nice house, twas cool.

Plan 9 - Goddammit is there ever gonna be a tournament where I dont have to play a member of my own crew in singles? lol.

Bardull - It was cool meetin ya man. hope to see you at more tourneys.

Futile - Jesus christ man, your wario scared me. too good.

Ultra - Remember when I killed you with my down B for a victory home run? good ****... good ****.

Azeris - Sorry bout catching you in the infinite man. it was dirty but i had to try it on someone lol. We need a rematch next time.

Lucky - Glad I finally got to talk to you, way to rock sonic!

Elmo - Dude. Shutup when i'm playing. lol

Those two guys i kept talking to - the olimar and DDD players... You were cool but i never got your names lol.

overall awesome time guys.

Race

Smash Lord
yeah, I haven't even been to allisbrawl yet. I'll go by and post the results today . . .so watch out!

(Edit- Went to all is brawl and posted the tourney, but to post the results I need a tio file. . I'm confused now . .what the hell is that?!?)

Pics are up! Enjoy guys

Oh yeah Add me if you guys can. . .lol

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind....viewPicture&friendID=2557363&albumId=1698579

Oh yeah and I noticed some of you guys live close to cerritos (Like norwalk for example). . .Would you guys be down to have a weekly brawlfest at my place? I only really play my brother and friends, and I want to get to play different people so I can learn and experience more. Hit me up, PM me or whatever, I wanna do this!

CowMix

Smash Rookie
I wish I could have stayed for singles, but I couldn't wait till 6 cause of homework. I hope you host again I had alot of fun. Me and my roomie will have to train some more for doubles and hopefully we can enter singles next time.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot for hosting this tournament. The house was great, the food was great, except for your dogs, they bit my pants a few times lol.

It’s good to see everyone again. Hopefully I’ll be able to come down to some more tourneys. You guys have to come to the Oxnard tourney though.

Oh yeah, PBody drawings were ****ing ****.

Top Bottom