• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

50 Yoshis on Rainbow cruise...

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Ok I've been trying this co op event with my bro for awhile now. You have to defeat 50 yoshis before the rainbow cruise completes one lap around, We've done nearly everything, the character I use is metaknight, and my bro uses pit.

Does anybody have any tips on how to beat this? I can do it on easy and medium but I really want to do it on hard (dont ask, ive already beaten everything else on hard xcept this).

Thanks

LegendOfZeldaBrawler

Smash Rookie
Here is the solution :p

First of all, it's frustrating isn't it? lol. Before I beat this co-op event I got as close as having 1 yoshi left before my friend and I figured it out. Ok, Rule 1: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL!!! Never, ever, KO two yoshis at the same time. The respawn time is super long (I think because the game is trying to spawn them both at the same time and it gets confused). Rule 2: This is an obvious one, but always use the pokeballs and assist trophies. I recommend one of you to fetch the items while the other does the attacking. Rule 3: Only pick up the Hammer or Golden Hammer if you are on a steady platform. It's a waste if you get left behind because of the scrolling level. Rule 4: Almost every explosive item (except for the Smart Bomb since it wastes time) will be very useful in this event. Rule 5: Throwable items should definitely be used continuously as they usually get you an instant KO (I think). Final Rule: Only use items if they KO quickly. (You only have a little over 2 minutes to KO 50 yoshis so use your time very wisely. You should be able to figure out which items to use or not use on your own) So, that's it. Most of that was probably common sense, but oh well. I hope it helps and Good Luck!!!

P.S. I used Metaknight to do the attacking while Pit retrieved the items. If you have any more questions, email me at supermariopwns@japan.com :chuckle:

tingler

Smash Rookie
I used Metaknight to do the attacking while Pit retrieved the items.
that's how i did it also. it's easy on the ship, u can just spam metaknight's u-tilt. everywhere else try to keep metaknight in that spot top center of the screen where the yoshis spawn. if that spot is in the air, meta knight's u-air works just as well. pit can catch the stragglers and pick up items.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much ditto with the people above. (Though on the ship I used down smashes.) I had a lot of trouble after the ship left until I started using Meta Knight to float around the spawn point and spam n-airs.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Beat this one narrowly after a lot of tries. I didn't use any items though besides pokeballs and assist trophies. Meta-knight spamming the u-tilt.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Spam utilt and sometimes nair with metaknight. Stand on the top center whenever you can. Hit the yoshis right as they spawn. When the boat crashes carefully time when you stand on the carpet so it stays in the top-center of the screen for more quick utilt KOs. Pit should gather items and hang on to a beamsword or gun/cannon if he finds it. Pit does his work when metaknight misses. meta should never chase after a missed yoshi.

Good luck!

JKoss

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this happens for you, but takes 5-10 seconds for the first Yoshi to spawn (according to my experiences). This probably happens because the game still hasn't loaded the characters completely before the event began, or something.

Try pausing the game RIGHT as the event begins, and wait a few seconds before un-pausing. This way, you get some extra time.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
What everyone else said, just predict the spawn points and u-tilt with Metaknight. Pit's attacks are basically useless as they either combo or have bad knockback, so have him just gather items. Also, if you get a pokeball on the ship, don't use it, the ship is the easiest part, save it for the harder parts.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pfft, I did a killer job with Pit thank you very much! Seriously, I'm trusting what the others say for the most part, but Pit has a killer dair move. You should be able to realize where their spawn points are, so you can kill 20 or so on the ship itself. Just predict the spawn time between kills and go from there.

steamcake78

Smash Rookie
I had the exact same problem with this event, even when my brother and I had it down to an exact science. After hours of trying we finally beat it, but unfortunately we had to do it on his wii. When we tried it on his wii the first time we absolutely destroyed it.

It's only a theory, but different wii's seem to load yoshis at different rates. I'm rather certain that this was the case. My wii has had some DRE issues and I've sent it into Nintendo for repairs, but it just hasn't been the same. I've only noticed this between the two wiis and I hope it isn't a launch day wii issue.

As far as strategy goes, everyone else has covered it. Learn the spawn points, use MK's Utilt/dsmash/uair/dair and you should be on the road to victory.

Top Bottom