• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

50 $$ MM against a Kirby , advice needed

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Hi guys, I have a huge MM coming up this Sat vs a Kirby player.. Now my track record is clean vs Kirby ( never lost) but the matches were all VERY close. I had to really play hard to get the win. Now if this guy is as good as he claims to be it might be a hard match.. Any tips vs Kirby? Thanks!

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I have a huge MM coming up this Sat vs a Kirby player.. Now my track record is clean vs Kirby ( never lost) but the matches were all VERY close. I had to really play hard to get the win. Now if this guy is as good as he claims to be it might be a hard match.. Any tips vs Kirby? Thanks!
Stay away from Kirby's Grab Combo... It will get you to 50 % Easily... Im not all that sure Against Kirby's Since I never really played a Good one besides my younger bro...

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Pride, I know you're a good Yoshi. Stick to your game. I've never really faught a good kirby, but from the looks of it, it would seem they can't counter eggs until they're in range for up-b, which is easily shielded. Kirby's bair is a good kick, its got good KO potensial and damage, but your bair should be able to attack through it. Just watch out for kirby's multiple jumps.

Good luck.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Just don't underestimate Kirby's smashes. I don't face many Kirbys but I always let myself get punished by Kirby's smashes and I pay for it. Good luck.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Ch0zen0ne fights Gonzo in the video thread, who is supposed to be a pretty **** pro Kirby.

If you haven't seen that, it might behoove you to take a peak.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, last kirby I faught (and beat) was supposed to be REALLY good but I just noticed how the Uair destroys kirby, Dthrow to rising Uair at killable percents (high 90s for the little guy on FD *when fresh*) really works wonders, oh and Fsmashing his Fsmash since you lean back is epically awesome, I warn you to watch out for the Dair>Fsmash every kirby uses so if you get caught in the dair at about 90% get that shield up immediately to avoid the kill. Most kirby's will use that as their main kill move and tend to neglect the other less reliable smashes kirby has.

Oh and 50 $$ is a bit high wouldn't you say?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tip guys. I will let you all know how it went down.. Its on Saturday at nyc weekly.

Its high because I was trying to make a point. But 50 dollars really isnt that much money for me so I dont mind.

Sharky

Smash Master
pssh, rich boy :p

anywho, since nobody's mentioned it yet, watch out for kirby's dairs off the stage. With those multiple jumps he can spike you multiple times if you somehow happen to survive the first one.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
just play a smart game and take advantage of kirby's weaknesess like lag out of aerials (forgot which ones uair? dair?) and light weight avoid his chain
idk im staring yoshi
hes awesome in brawl
spike him for the lulz

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
gonzo is my gamertag, WTF.

pretty funny you guys are playing for money seeing as i beat my buddy's g&w for $20 the other day, and boy did i need that money.

i've never faced an amazing kirby, but i usually approach him like most other characters: bair, jab, jab, dash attack, etc etc....that should work most of the time. i'm not sure if it's a good idea to spam that, kirby does indeed have great smashes and jumping into a charged one is not a good idea. egg tosses work, and he likes to float so ETS might be an option too. you're a better yoshi player than me so not much more i can add.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Kirbycides are also a possibility. But I think the thing you have to worry about the most are his dair->fsmash combo, his grab combo, and his dair gimping. His dair's got pretty good vertical range (one of his biggest hitboxes, IMO), and as a previous Kirby player (although I still use him sometimes), I tend to spam it.

Always keep in mind that if you try to persue him with a uair for the kill, he will want to either time a good air dodge or slightly get out of your uair range and Stone you.

Also, his aerial Hammer is his brand-spanking new kill move, and it's decently fast, but has a bit of lag if he doesn't DJ before landing, so you might want take advantage of things like that and punish.

Good luck!

Top Bottom