• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 Characters appear to be interacting with non existant characters in the mural

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I've identified at least 5 other characters in the Everyone is Here mural that appear to be interacting with nothing. (Daisy is a 6th one but everyone knows about her)

first is Dark Samus

She is clearly preparing to fire at someone beneath her but she is but she is behind Shulk and Pacman which means she is firing at no one.

Jr. appears to be spouting fire but he is way behind Ganon (fire is clipping through ganons arm) so obviously no one there (unless Ganon is hiding them lol)

Simons chain is clipping through Popo's rump which means Nana and Popo are ahead of him and Simon is ahead of Dr.Mario and G+W which means Popo is hammering down on no one.

Mii Gunner I think is one of the farthest back and yeah clearly no one there she is firing at. as no one in her vicinity is as far back as she is

And lastly the Inklings appear to be looking at someone but all of the characters in front of her sight are behind her and she appears to be looking at the same alignment she is or further ahead of her.

Possible areas for at least 5 other new characters/echos

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Interesting find. I think you’re ontk something and would expect characters to occupy these exact spaces.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Having only 5 more newcomers would be great. That'd bring the number of newcomers in Ultimate up to 12, which I'd say is a good amount, especially since Sakurai told us that we shouldn't expect too many newcomers this time around.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I think :ultdarksamus: might be just preparing a charge shot or something. It looks like he's looking at the camera. Also, how could anyone be below :ultdarksamus: when other characters would be obstructing the camera view on them? I don't think it means anything.

From what I am looking at, it defiantly looks like :ulticeclimbers: are trying to interact with :ultdoc: and/or :ultgnw:. Their hammers are close enough, and gravity could defiantly do the rest of their work.

Also, :ultinkling: really could be aiming at anyone. :ultmarth: is pointing his sword in her direction, and :ultmegaman: also wields a gun. Her not getting a response from whoever she is aiming at can mean anything.

Besides, we have already seen :ultinkling:, :ultdaisy:, :ultridley:, :ultsimon:, :ultrichter:, :ultchrom:, :ultdarksamus:, and :ultkrool:. Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers, so I think it is possible that we're not getting that many more newcomers. I can be wishful and say twenty newcomers, but I'm thinking three or four at most is a logical answer.

:ultbowserjr: and :ultmiifighters: could actually mean something. :ultbowserjr: maybe Geno? :ultmiifighters: maybe a new type of Mii? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I think :ultdarksamus: might be just preparing a charge shot or something. It looks like he's looking at the camera. Also, how could anyone be below :ultdarksamus: when other characters would be obstructing the camera view on them? I don't think it means anything.

From what I am looking at, it defiantly looks like :ulticeclimbers: are trying to interact with :ultdoc: and/or :ultgnw:. Their hammers are close enough, and gravity could defiantly do the rest of their work.

Also, :ultinkling: really could be aiming at anyone. :ultmarth: is pointing his sword in her direction, and :ultmegaman: also wields a gun. Her not getting a response from whoever she is aiming at can mean anything.

Besides, we have already seen :ultinkling:, :ultdaisy:, :ultridley:, :ultsimon:, :ultrichter:, :ultchrom:, :ultdarksamus:, and :ultkrool:. Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers, so I think it is possible that we're not getting that many more newcomers. I can be wishful and say twenty newcomers, but I'm thinking three or four at most is a logical answer.

:ultbowserjr: and :ultmiifighters: could actually mean something. :ultbowserjr: maybe Geno? :ultmiifighters: maybe a new type of Mii? I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Characters positions were slightly changed between the version 1 (after E3) and version 2 murals (after early August) and even some characters were completely switched around for example Diddy Kong in the first mural was on the left side of Shiek and now he is on the right and the Mii Fighter and Swordsman flipped positions. It wouldn't take much to slightly push characters aside to put a character beneath Dark Samus especially a if it was a smaller character such as Geno or Skull Kid for example.

As for the rest I put the explanations in the original post beneath the images

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
people are going to disappoint themselves with this kinda stuff.

i think we're done getting newcomers, we already have FAR more than i could've imagined making it into ultimate.

besides, looking into the mural for hints is pointless, considering it changes considerably when new characters are added to it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

i think we're done getting newcomers, we already have FAR more than i could've imagined making it into ultimate.

besides, looking into the mural for hints is pointless, considering it changes considerably when new characters are added to it.
I agree, except that Sakurai did say that there would be more characters. However, this is getting close to the insanity that was Ridley’s shadow. The smash fan base has always been notable for finding clues where there are none.

“Dark Samus pointing downwards at her shadow”
Dark Samus’s Shadow confirmed to be playable guys!

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon

I also think people who speculate on things like these are going to disappoint themselves. It's just like how people are overspeculating the Yellow and Purple chairs in the 8/8/18 direct. Considering Sakurai said he plans to reveal all newcomers before the release, I think he was implying he wasn't done showing them off yet, but I don't see many more.

I can only see three to four more new fighters. Anything more than six new fighters just sounds unrealistic even for Sakurai.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This is interesting, thanks! But please do note one thing. Empty spaces/no interaction aren't usually good signs of how many characters are remaining, because with each new character reveal, the poster changes drastically and a lot.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
people are going to disappoint themselves with this kinda stuff. I think we're done getting newcomers, we already have FAR more than i could've imagined making it into ultimate. besides, looking into the mural for hints is pointless, considering it changes considerably when new characters are added to it.
It's confirmed that we will have more newcomers in the last direct. However, the picture have changed a lot between the E3 and the Nintendo Direct so there are no reliability here.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I disagree, only because from a marketing perspective, announcing your entire roster four months before release in a game whose entire hype is built upon "who's getting into the game" would be incredibly dumb.

They still have something up their sleeve or they wouldn't have shown K. Rool and Simon only two months after E3. I'd say there are still two new characters to be shown, minimum.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Completely random, but can I just gush at how fantastic this massive character mural is? Not only did they beautifully give us 20 years of Smash in one picture, each pose is unique, conveys the character beautifully, presents us charisma and dynamic posing, and can be updated as new fighters are announced. Reminds me of the old Melee cast picture that got upgraded once all the characters were present and accounted for...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I just wonder if it will update with dlc, it will seem incomplete if it does not

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If there's a gap theory, I'd add Lucario to the list of weirdly inactive fighters.
I think there'll be a fighter around Lucario/Simon/Gunner to fill up that spot.

Bowser Jr does his taunt, so it doesn't strike like a fighter pose to me.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Daisy is hip bumping empty air. Over in the Shantae thread there's speculation Daisy might be interracting with Shantae.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
....people are really desperate to be looking for hints in everything, huh?

As I see the art, a few exceptions aside (G&W and Dr. Mario, maybe Fox and Wolf, and maaaaybe Chrom and Robin), those who are 'interacting'... it's mostly just an artistic approach on making random pieces of art fit together. You'd think Wario and Dedede appear to be reacting to Pokémon Trainer, but really those two could have been placed near anybody who appears to be attacking/aiming to the right. Duck Hunt's duck appears to be reacting to a roaring Ridley, but similarly to Wario and Dedede, it could be fleeing from anything.

But hey, I get it. It's fun to speculate. But there's speculating, and then there's reaching. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy is hip bumping empty air. Over in the Shantae thread there's speculation Daisy might be interracting with Shantae.
Not like there's many other characters she could be doing that with.

Top Bottom