• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Hopefully people will actually consider New England as a threat now. We get slept on so much.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Links bombs also combo into almost everything and can be thrown in a way that they dont explode when they hit the ground allowing him to set up landing traps toon link can only dream of
Link also has 50%+ combos out of bombs and potential 0-deaths thanks to footstool stuff that he can pull off thanks to his high fast fall speed and sex kick nair
Im not saying he's a better character, but his bombs are a stronger tool imo
Bombs can only combo into Usmash and DA at low-mid %s for ground options. The window's pretty big for Fair since you can SH or Jump it out of a dash so that's the main bomb kill combo. You can't do stuff like bomb>Fsmash or grab because they launch upward.

IDK what you're talking about with 0-deaths. The best combo I could find is:
But getups take 22 frames and bomb pulls take 40f. So the video's misleading; you cannot keep bombing>footstool. Link's too slow to get to the opponent anyway. The highest damage true combo I can think of is: if the stars align and you hit someone low to the ground at the very end of Dair's 50 active frames at the right % to follow up with a footstool>FF Nair>arrow lock>Fsmash's 2 hits. 15+6+5+7+13=46%.

That said, Link has decent damage from easy bomb or Dthrow combos. Things like bomb>Fair 2 hits at very low %s is a true 30%. Bomb>Usmash is 23% and Bomb to Fair hit 1 is 16% with a large window on every character. Bomb forward throw deals 5% btw. He can also arrow lock to Fsmash/DA from Nair at certain %s.

Everything you see beyond those are follow up reads.
Also, both Tink and Link can use the explosion from a held bomb to have their double jump/up b restored.
^Bombs only restore upB.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Bombs can only combo into Usmash and DA at low-mid %s for ground options. The window's pretty big for Fair since you can SH or Jump it out of a dash so that's the main bomb kill combo. You can't do stuff like bomb>Fsmash or grab because they launch upward.

IDK what you're talking about with 0-deaths. The best combo I could find is:
But getups take 22 frames and bomb pulls take 40f. So the video's misleading; you cannot keep bombing>footstool. Link's too slow to get to the opponent anyway. The highest damage true combo I can think of is: if the stars align and you hit someone low to the ground at the very end of Dair's 50 active frames at the right % to follow up with a footstool>arrow lock>Fsmash's 2 hits. 15+5+7+13=40%.

That said, Link has decent damage from easy bomb or Dthrow combos. Things like bomb>Fair 2 hits at very low %s is a true 30%. Bomb>Usmash is 23% and Bomb to Fair hit 1 is 16% with a large window on every character. Bomb forward throw deals 5% btw. He can also arrow lock to Fsmash/DA from Nair at certain %s.

Everything you see beyond those are follow up reads.

^Bombs only restore upB.
Plus that combo was on one of the biggest and heaviest characters in the game.

Going to bed. I noticed that two Foxes and ZSSs are in top 4. An event that lingers at night, I feel like people are going to be more suspectible to aggressive characters.

Also, what the heck happened to smashboards?!? Ridleyboards?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I'm not sure what I was expecting this year, but it certainly wasn't this.

Also Roy is top 15 and better than Marcina and Corrin

Rran

Smash Apprentice
A Spanish magician says he will disappear before he can count to three.
"Uno, dos--"
And then poof!
He disappears without a tres...

cant wait for Smash switch

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel bad for whoever said Salem was going to win it all, especially if they betted with someone.:-\ You can't count your chickens before they hatch tho.
Bayo is top 55 material for sure (who would fall for this?)!

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I am glad that Sakurai-san finally decided to add Ridley to the game. He is the hero we need--it is obvious that his kit is designed to be anti-Bayo, given his immunity to Witch Time and how his side-B destroys ABK, among other things.

His Uair is really sexy too, makes me wet

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
No April Fools joke but it is confirmed.
At Polygon:https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/22/1...-2-world-championship-e3-2018-nintendo-switch

Bill Trinen, Nintendo's senior product marketing manager, talks more informatin about the upcoming Super Smash Bros Invitational. According to Polygon, it said on quote:

“We want to have an event that showcases a really high level of play. We want it to be fun for the players, fun for the fans in attendance and for those streaming at home. We want to have matchups that people want to see.”

“Trinen also said that the Smash Bros. tournament will be aimed at both casual and longtime Nintendo fans. Trinen noted that with Splatoon 2’s matches, he believes that the spectator mode will make things easy to follow.”

So this tournament is going to be a casual tournament like last invitational? What is your comment?

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Lol Mr.E got bopped by a Luigi main, Scott. The Marcina Discord lit on fire when that happened and screeched about how aggro Marth is boring and dumb and loses to characters he shouldn't lose to, like Luigi.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Lol Mr.E got bopped by a Luigi main, Scott. The Marcina Discord lit on fire when that happened and screeched about how aggro Marth is boring and dumb and loses to characters he shouldn't lose to, like Luigi.
Just like when Elegant eviscerated Pugwest at Civil War! To think a regal swordsman could lose to a former plumber with little to no fighting experience.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Just like when Elegant eviscerated Pugwest at Civil War! To think a regal swordsman could lose to a former plumber with little to no fighting experience.
And it's not like MKLeo had to switch to Cloud vs Elegant at GTX or anything.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
This entire page of this thread will simply look silly once the Ridley-gedon is over.

Also, Nairo took Collision XV.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
For real, I wonder what the Link discord has to say about T'S gameplay.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
I love how the Ridley profile pics are too large for their frame.

Jokes aside, aggro Marth sounds like a awful idea and of course it loses to Luigi. Marth isn't supposed to be aggressive and being close to Luigi is the last thing you want.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
I love how the Ridley profile pics are too large for their frame.

Jokes aside, aggro Marth sounds like a awful idea and of course it loses to Luigi. Marth isn't supposed to be aggressive and being close to Luigi is the last thing you want.
And Mr.E is of course the most agro Marth out there. MKLeo does much better in that particular matchup, almost too lucky... (Flashbacks to GTX).

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
And Mr.E is of course the most agro Marth out there. MKLeo does much better in that particular matchup, almost too lucky... (Flashbacks to GTX).
MKLeo made quite a few mistakes on fighting Elegant during GTX (like the way that he was edgeguarding Luigi as Marth in winner's finals, especially the first stock), mistakes that he eventually corrected on any encounters against him after the tournament.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
So is Ridley capable of winning a major?
Unfortunately no. His stupid large hurtbox makes it easy to get hit by pretty much anyone. Bayo up B + held down aerials = no dice.

Seriously though. Just keep him as a boss character. What we learned from Bayo (especially upon release) is to be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Unfortunately no. His stupid large hurtbox makes it easy to get hit by pretty much anyone. Bayo up B + held down aerials = no dice.

Seriously though. Just keep him as a boss character. What we learned from Bayo (especially upon release) is to be careful what you wish for.
You might only reach second place, because Snake is the secret counter to any Ridley main.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
This is a thing now. :yeahboi:
Wow I'm so hyped. I love watching Sonic and Bayo! Their two of my favorite characters in smash! These matches will be very exciting to watch.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
This is a thing now. :yeahboi:
Tbh, I forgot that two of the most hated characters in the game happens to be SEGA owned. On one hand, this a cool opportunity to bring KEN back to USA, but on the other hand..... (Yes I know the saga is an April Fool's joke).

Last edited:
Top Bottom