• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 days left . . . Megamans chances Lowering

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
We have 4 days left and it seems to me that the dojo is revealing all the 3rd partiers b4 the game comes out. If this is true then Magaman has 3 more updates to show up. . . Lets cross our fingers!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It's over. The Dojo revealed everyone they were planning on revealing before launch.. All forms of media show this. Famitsu confirmed the starting roster.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Didn't a Capcom rep say on a webcast that they didn't have interest in adding Megaman or something to that tune?

It's over. The Dojo revealed everyone they were planning on revealing before launch.. All forms of media show this. Famitsu confirmed the starting roster.
Third-party characters aren't on the starting roster.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
Didn't a Capcom rep say on a webcast that they didn't have interest in adding Megaman or something to that tune?

Third-party characters aren't on the starting roster.
I believe he said something to the effect "the yhavn't contacted me about adding megaman in brawl"

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
He wouldnt be in the starting roster . . . so he may still have a shot right?

S2

Smash Lord
What's wrong with Megaman?

Personally I think he rocks. But yeah, I don't think he's going to be in Brawl. I'd be surprised if there is another third party character. Simply because of the fact that he wouldn't be leaked this close to release.

Kinda like how Gamestop had Sonic advertised all over Brawl posters and such before he was confirmed. Of course, no one believed that at the time because GS isn't really known for giving out good advice. They'd have just as soon marketed that he was in even if he wasn't.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Ah. Should've figured.

Free publicity = good publicity.

Guess Sakurai had better things to add. Like...uh...game demos!

...right?

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Yes, but the webcast was PRODUCED by Capcom and hosted on a Capcom site. Inafune said he wanted Megaman in Brawl and "there is still time". I don't think we would say that on a Capcom webcast, or even be asked the question, if there weren't a possibility.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Good riddance! He'd just be a projectile spammer anyway, thats what he does. I have nothing against Megaman, he just doesn't belong in Smash.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Megaman is in Brawl, the SEGA rep posted the exact same message. Then everyone was like ''Sonic isn't in brawl :('' and now everyone is saying megaman isn't in Brawl

Coincidence?

I think not.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anymore popular 3rd party characters who would create hype will be in the game, because he/she would have been announced way earlier like Sonic and Snake.

So if there is a 3rd party character, he/she will be somebody who wouldn't create much hype for the game. Some "underground" character who is not very known but has a small fanbase like Marina.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I wanted Megaman in this game more than any other character.

But he has literally 0 chance of being in this game now.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
It makes no sense that they would reveal all the 3rd party characters and not keep one for a "surprise". Also, Mega Man should have been in Brawl before Snake. As awesome of a character Snake is, Mega Man and Nintendo just have this deep history togethor that goes way beyond anything Nintendo has with Snake and Sonic.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
It makes no sense that they would reveal all the 3rd party characters and not keep one for a "surprise". Also, Mega Man should have been in Brawl before Snake. As awesome of a character Snake is, Mega Man and Nintendo just have this deep history togethor that goes way beyond anything Nintendo has with Snake and Sonic.
Lol but Kojima and Sakurai are awesome friends. Plus Kojima begged for Snake to be in SSB since Melee. Not sure about Capcom and Sakurai's relationship though. =P

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
actually, after the masterpieces update, the first thing i thought of was the original NES megaman game. im not saying anything, its just surprising that i thought of that game straight away =)

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the chances of them revealing a third third-party character just before the Japanese release are quite high. Stir things up even more at the last minute.

If that is what they plan to do, though, I hope it isn't Megaman. I want someone from Final Fantasy or even Dragon Quest.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
His chances aren't going down as the days go by, he's either in or not.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Is it possible Sakurai wants there to be at least 1 3rd party who's a complete surprise?

I know Sakurai... at least I think I know him... he's making this a dream game for everyone, he has to let there be a surprise in there.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Oh yes, this certainly belongs here and not in the Megaman thread in Character Discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom