• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/24/10 HBCPGA.COM Harrisburg, PA

Damon180

Smash Ace
I-83 & Paxton St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-0980

Pre-Register at www.hbcpga.com and save 5$ off of the entry fee!
(25$ per player at the door)

There are several events going on here that are worth checking out! If you have friends that aren't just into smash, perhaps they'd be into some of the other games.
We had over 150 gamers attend at our last event, and we're expecting more this time around!

- Action shot -

Tournaments are as follows:

Madden 2k10
NBA 2K10

Smash Brawl (Singles and Teams)

Smash Melee (Singles definite, Teams pending)
Halo3 ODST (FFA and 2v2)
Fight Night Round 4
Modern Warfare 2 (FFA and 2v2)
Street Fighter
Tekken 6

Videos from past tournaments:
Brawl - 3/27/10
Melee - 3/27/10

Times:
Registration starts at 11am
Brawl Teams start @12noon-1pm
Brawl Singles start @3pm
Melee Singles start @5pm

!!Winner of Brawl Singles will receive free entry to the Players Bowl and Hotel Room!!
(night of your choice).
Players Bowl thread located here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271750

Brawl Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals/championship will be best of 5
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
*35 Ledge grab rule is in effect, 40 on Norfair
* Stalling in general is banned!
* Anything the TO deems unsportsman-like or Illegal will have you disqualified from the tournament!
* All standing grab infinites are banned (Marth on Lukas/Ness, DDD on Luigi etc). Players must dash in between grabs.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
]2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List
Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Norfair

Melee Rules:
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
Finals and Grand Finals are best of 5.
The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Starter Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

THOR_pikachu

Smash Rookie
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jungle Japes and Pirate Ship will be missed greatly for it was there extreme ability to kill who ever they wanted when they wanted that made them great. Thanks for moaning and complaining enought to get maps removed..... *****es... Play the Game for what it is not for what you want to make it.... every one trips in RL pansy

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
If my work schedule permits, I'll be able to make it this time. I think Grape **** is tied up on Saturdays for a while, but I could possibly bring Merio.

Gotta defend PA from the MD/inVAsion.

Damon180

Smash Ace
Bump. Less then 2 weeks away.
Havin a smashfest at my place this coming Sat to prep for it. PM if interested.

Get Psyched!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Aw man free entry to the next event and a hotel room? Wish I was coming so I could win this time :/ lol

though SPOC9 :/

Damon180

Smash Ace
What's the venue & entry fee for this? Can't seem to find it on the page...
The address is located at the top of the post, and on their host site towards the bottom left under HARRISBURG MALL. The entry fee is also located at the top of this post, and on their host site underneath the picture according to the game. hbcpga.com
The venue fee is calculated in with the entrance fee, it isn't separate.
Hope that helps :).

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master

GOLDONE07

Smash Cadet
This event is going to be great!!! can't wait.
I wonder if the defending champ Travis will show up.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Hey Damon I am bringing a group of about 5 people up to this event, but it is a club function so in order to get reimbursed for participation, we are going to need receipts. Is this doable?

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Hey Damon I am bringing a group of about 5 people up to this event, but it is a club function so in order to get reimbursed for participation, we are going to need receipts. Is this doable?
If you pre-register on the site via Paypal, you can print your receipts from there.

EDIT: Having just done this myself, I want to point out that regardless of which game or type of tournament (singles or doubles) picked, Paypal will default to Melee Singles for $20. In the special instructions area, just note which game and tournament you are entering, like "Melee Singles" or "Brawl Doubles." HBC brings a pre-register list with them to the event so everything can be cleared the day of.

Damon180

Smash Ace
I'll talk to T-boy, I'm sure we can work something out. Paypal would by your best and most certain option though.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
DUDE I so wish I could go, but my friend's b-day is the same day. :ohwell:

EDIT: I ditched Zelda and took on Marth... AND REALLY IMPROVED. D:

Top Bottom