• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Party Seconds

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
so with the supposed leak with roy and Ryu

Ryu's has has presented something special being that he is a second Capcom rep.

So say they let at least 1 more 3rd party from the company's who would they be?

Do keep in mind that a second from the same series is ok I do want to see other IP suggestions too

So I shall go first
Capcom: Monster Hunter Though I do see the felines as a viable playable I do like the power of the swings in the game

Bandai Namco: Klonoa, I think he would be cool if chosen for a second namco rep

Sega:Beat I grew up a little with JSRF but I may not see that at all happening

So who do you think would be cool for a second 3rd party character tom the major 3

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
At the same time, Capcom abandoned Megaman, so I wouldn't really call him the Capcom 3rd party. Besides, that leak is fake. It's nearly impossible to show a finalized roster, since the 3DS has to be updated with that character, and considering how long it took Sakurai to make Mewtwo, it's unlikely that he makes the roster for all his planned characters before anything else.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
At the same time, Capcom abandoned Megaman, so I wouldn't really call him the Capcom 3rd party. Besides, that leak is fake. It's nearly impossible to show a finalized roster, since the 3DS has to be updated with that character, and considering how long it took Sakurai to make Mewtwo, it's unlikely that he makes the roster for all his planned characters before anything else.
I know that this is just for fun and I know the leak must be taken with a grain of salt but still I just want to know what people's seconds are.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Besides, that leak is fake.
:joyful:

Yeah, no. Whether something comes from the leak has yet to be seen, but the leak itself is real.

It was data found in the game, PATCHED into the game at that. This is as real as a leak can be.

Leslithulu

Smash Rookie
Capcom: Phoenix Wright. These games are practically owned by Nintendo anyway.

Bandai Namco: Taizo Hori, the pump and the drill would make some interesting specials.

Sega: Probably Bayonetta, even though I doubt she could get in.

Capcom: vuewtiful joe. Has a past with nintendo technically.

Sega: tails. The luigi to sonic but with more moveset potential.

Namco uhhhh a digimon. Pokemon vs digimon would be hillarioud

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Nintendo's going to have an equilibrium with the 3rd Party's due to Ryu I think it goes down as this:

Capcom: Ryu
Sega: 2nd Sonic Rep, Most likely Tails. With Knuckles as the next best choice
Namco: Complete Toss-Up here. You could have a Tekken character, Lloyd from the Tales series, Klonoa, heck with the love for Retros they could even include Dig Dug of all things. If Namco gets another rep there is no clear frontrunner

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Capcom's ...3rd?: Since they already got Ryu (presumably) I'm going to cheat and say Protoman and Bass alts for Mega Man, Ken and Akuma alts for Ryu, and a MegaMan Zero mod-clone of Link.
Sega's 2nd: Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. Was on Gamecube (and dreamcast), recently seen in sega all stars racing, so he's been in crossover games before. Moveset potential lends itself to Smash easy.... I will also accept Nights into Dreams.
Namco's 2nd: YOSHIMITSU! He's been in Tekken and Soul Calibur, has interesting moves, and while he may not seem like the likeliest of choices, you just remember "Overconfidence is the greatest enemy! namunamunamu"
Konami's 1st and 2nd: Snake returns and.... Bonk.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not going to mention Capcom, since if the Ryu leak is legitimate, it would mean that they would already have two.

Sega: Bayonetta. Sega has a decent amount of options for franchises (though most of them are sadly under-utilized - I'd love to see a new Streets of Rage or Golden Axe game!), but if Sega owns the character (I'm not sure whether they do or if Platinum owns that franchise), I feel like Bayonetta's the best option. She's got tons of material to work with, and Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive that was met with almost universal praise. If Sega was going to show off one of their franchises, it seems like Bayonetta would be the best choice since it would get more people to look into the game, which would also benefit Nintendo since they published it. Plus, given how over-the-top and crazy the Bayonetta games are, I feel like she would be a lot of fun to play as.

Namco-Bandai: Agumon. I was tempted to pick Heihachi, since Tekken is Namco's biggest fighting game franchise, but Bandai created the Digimon franchise, and this seems like the best opportunity to have a Pokemon vs. Digimon showdown. Plus, the Digimon Rumble Arena games can serve as a basis for Agumon's moveset.

Konami (assuming Snake returns): Bomberman. While I considered Simon Belmont or Alucard (both major Castlevania protagonists who have been playable on Nintendo systems), I feel like Bomberman would work well within Smash Bros., especially since he's already crossed over with Nintendo franchises in Wario Blast.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
I honestly don't believe ryu is coming to smash, he's direct competition to smash.

Anyway they don't have to have the same amount of characters from each third party company... They could just add one new there is no reason they would have to keep it even.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I honestly don't believe ryu is coming to smash, he's direct competition to smash.

Anyway they don't have to have the same amount of characters from each third party company... They could just add one new there is no reason they would have to keep it even.
I don't think Smash and Street Fighter are competition at all.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I don't think Smash and Street Fighter are competition at all.
How aren't they? I mean I can see that street fighter has been released on nintedo systems, but they kind of are, they're two different large fighters.

Anyway the bigger problem I have is that ryu is already a character in a fighting game, putting him in smash would just be the same as he is in street fighter.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well....discounting Ryu as the 'second' for Capcom for the sake of differentiation...

Capcom: Amaterasu, lovely art style overall (plus she's a wolf... I like Wolves)

Namco: Yoshimitsu, because Soul Calibur and Tekken are the only other namco games I can think of and Tekken characters would be redundant with Ryu...Yoshimistu is like a pogo sword bouncing Samurai robot XD...

Sega: Tails, naturally Pretty much the most iconic video game sidekick behind the Green Missile himself...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Klonoa is the clear namco choice.

Tales characters are one offs, they are too anime swordsmeny. Which smash has plenty.

Assuming Ryu is in, that makes having more traditional fighting game characters redundant. (Do we really need more then ryu?)

Dig dug is lame.

Play Klonoa games or visit the support thread.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
My take even before the Ryu leak is:

Ryu-Bayonetta-Sophitia.

But I had gave up on it after SFV became a PS4 exclusive, again I had this idea when another thread was made on third party second reps.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So you are saiyng that the leak is fake? Prove it.

Sega: Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe. Dreamcast-era characters like NiGHTS, Beat, Ulala et al. are bore-snores. Give us the classics.

Namco: A Tamagotchi. Which one? No idea, but I think Mametchi is like the de facto star.

Konami: Simon Belmont

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Capcom: Has already a second.
Bandai Namco: Klonoa. I've played just the GBA game, and it was AWESOME! Plus his design is cool.
SEGA: ummh... IDK...maybe NiGHTS. I've never played its games, but I like its design. Or Bayonetta.
Konami: Snake (they can't add Ryu, with SF5 being a PS4 esclusive, and keep Snake out) and Bomberman (he is too adorable!).

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
SEGA: Dr. Eggman
Seriously, how could you NOT want to beat Bowser with this guy?

Namco-Bandai: Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde
THE Pac-Man ghosts return to kick some tail.
Moving in a Snake (Nokia-game) like pattern, these ghosts are closing in the opponent before dealing heavy 8-bit damage.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Namco: Solaire Nightmare (Soul Calibur). This Azure wielder of the Soul Edge is all about piercing defences and stringing together powerful combos. Befitting of his violent and ruthless nature. Plus Link needs a rematch with him on home turf. I'm all for Nightmare being in Smash.

SEGA: Probably Bayonetta. The Umbran Witch has brilliant moveset potential with a mix of swords and guns as well as her wicked weaves. One problem would be toning her down so make her a cluster of hair whenever she uses a particularly strong attack.

Konami (Providing Snake returns): Simon Belmont (Castlevania). One of the Legends of the NES era. He brings his arsenal of Vampire Slaying tools with him from his whip to Holy Water, a dagger and an Axe. Helps that Castlevania is one half of the Metroidvania genre. Simon vs Samus is a match worth watching.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
  • Capcom: Phoenix Wright
    Mega Man and Ace Attorney are the only Capcom properties, I'm really familiar with. Phoenix Wright is just awesome. I don't care if other ahem OBJECT to his inclusion.​
  • Sega: Dr. Eggman
    Well, he's THE most famous villain in gaming after Bowser. And is just plain awesome and meme-y no matter what game or cartoon he's in.​
  • Namco: Mametchi, who was also in the Mario Kart Arcade games.

:231:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Konami: Konami Man

Sega: Alex Kidd

Capcom: Captain Commando

Bandai-Namco: Heihachi Mishima? I would go for a Bandai character but I don't know much about Bandai. Maybe a Digimon character.

Last edited:

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
What I'd like to see:
SEGA- NiGHTS or Dr. Eggman
Capcom- Phoenix Wright
Namco- Luke Fon Fabre (from Tales of the Abyss) or Siegfried / Nightmare (from Soul Calibur)

More realistically:
SEGA- Tails or Shadow
Capcom- Ryu
Namco- ...Klonoa?

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
My completely unlikely list:

Sega: Phantom R from Rhythm Thief. Despite having only one game thus far on 3DS, and the fact it probably dive-bombed in sales, I'd be interested to see how a character from a music game would be interpreted in Smash. Th closest thing we have so far is DK's final smash. Phantom R would likely be passed up for actual popular characters on Sega's part, realistically.

Capcom: Sir Arthur from Ghosts 'n' Goblins. This NES game was one of my personal favourites/ THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE, but as a lance user, Sir Arthur would be an interesting inclusion to Smash. Other weapons such as the torch and dagger toss could be used for specials. And for the final smash? Storm the field with pixelated zombies! It'd be nice to see Sir Arthur take more than two hits..

Namco: Dig Dug! Another old boy from the NES, Dig Dug could have the good old Flygars and Pookas on his side for Smash. If y'all want Shovel Knight in the game, how about having an adventurer you can really dig into?

As an aside, if Level-5 started getting their beaks into Smash, I would enjoy to see Professor Layton and Yokai Jinbiyan.

Burruni

Smash Hero
SEGA: Since they now own Atlus who holds strong ties to Nintendo, Jack Frost to represent Shin Megami Tensei. This is off the grounds that they're not allowed a second Sonic rep (Eggman).

Bandai-Namco: Agumon. Pokemon's old Rival who started as Vitrual Pets, one of the most infantile steps in Gaming history. Still popular enough (particularly in Japan) with the upcoming release of Adventure 03.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Capcom has Mega-Man and Ryu, obviously.

Sega has Sonic, and for a second rep, it's hard to say. Besides another Sonic character, I don't think there's any other Sega franchise that works well. All the older Sega reps aren't tied to Nintendo enough- Sonic gets a pass because he was their rival, but other Sega Genesis properties? They don't belong in Nintendo's big crossover game. The only Sega character that might be close enough to Nintendo in that regard is Bayonetta, but she probably wouldn't make it in for reasons. So I guess that leaves more Sonic characters, and of them I'd go with Eggman. Tails and Knuckles are roughly tied as being Sonic's sidekicks, but neither really has the edge for me, while Eggman is by far his main antagonist, giving him more appeal. I don't know if I really want more Sonic reps though.

Bandai Namco has Pac-Man, but the next rep is totally up in the air because there's a lot of great choices. If you want classics, you have Dig Dug or Mappy, but none match up to the Pac in terms of significance. Klonoa is a decent choice, and fits in well with other platforming heroes on the roster, but doesn't have as much history or star power. If you specifically wanted a "Bandai" rep, Agumon would be great for the appeal of "Pokemon v. Digimon" and has obviously digivolution-based move potential as seen in Digimon Rumble Arena. And if you want to copy Ryu's lead and try to rep Namco's Fighting game franchise(s), you'd be stupid NOT to pick Yoshimitsu, as he reps both Soul Calibur and Tekken (and they might get bonus points since the Soul Calibur and Tekken people DEVELOPED Smash For). Dig Dug, Klonoa, Agumon, and Yoshimitsu... any one of them would be great choices.

If Konami were in, I'd want their two reps to be Simon Belmont and Bomberman, but I don't think they will get any reps and if they did I don't think they'd pick either of those characters.

This makes me really want a fighting game crossover of equal parts Capcom, Sega, Namco, and Nintendo!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I still don't buy it.

Let me see official proof from Nintendo themselves or I still deem this fake.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Capcom: Ryu

Sega: Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Namco: Lloyd Irving

Konami (R.I.P.): Simon Belmont

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sega: Tails, Dr. Eggman (it makes me happy people are actually considering him) or Knuckles.

There's no way a second Sega character, especially one to be sold as paid DLC, wont be from the Sonic series. The series, and its characters, are nearly as iconic as Mario's and remain very popular despite the quality of recent games. Nintendo and Sega both know they will sell and will be a better investment than anything else Sega has to offer.

Namco: Dig Dug, Llyod Irving, a Tekken/Soul Calibur character or Klonoa.

The Pac-Man series, despsite it's legendary stature, doesn't quite have the strong character base to pull from, so I can see a second Namco rep being from a different game. Namco also has a bigger pool of recognizable franchises to pull from.

Konami: Snake and Simon Blemont or Bomberman.

Konami isn't in this game but it was in the Smash series so I'm giving it equal treatment. Snake, being a veterean, is a no-brainer, and I'd like to say Castlevania would be the best second series to make it in. Bomberman has a chance too, but I see Castlevania beating it out.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Well I think the most likely choices from Capcom and Sega would be within the same series of the reps we have already, being Zero and Tails/Knuckles respectively, but if it's for different series:

Capcom - Phoenix Wright?
Bandai Namco - Klonoa even though I never heard of him before Super Smash Bros. Crusade tbh. Jin Kazama from Tekken is also possible.
Sega - I don't see anything as likely outside of Sonic, but I guess I'd say Aiai from Super Monkey Ball. Bayonetta if she counts.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Capcom-Ryu (kinda confirmed)

SEGA-Alex Kidd (he is Sega master system mascot and he was Sega mascot before sonic he is a very important part of Sega history than the most of the sonic characters he is the most deserving SEGA character after sonic)

Namco-klonoa (I am not sure)

Konami (if snake Reuterns)-bomberman (there is no reason why he shouldn't be added he has a big history with nintendo)

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Capcom - Jon Talbain

Sega - Tails

Namco - Klonoa or King from Tekken

Konami - Snake (if he returns) and Bomberman

Top Bottom