• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS SSB does not support Circle Pad Pro

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Wow, now you are forced to buy the new 3ds unless you wanna get rekt! Sigh, why nintendo, why..

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Unless somehow, when the new 3ds comes out, they let us use CPP? Im not even sure thats possible

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Cool. Now I don't have to decide between a grip or a CPP. Also gonna be funny is all the people complaining when the game comes out and they cant use a c-stick. People will adapt and when the Wii U version comes out they will be better for it. Even if they just return to using the c-stick again.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
My problem is not the adapting, I have noo problem with that. If everyone had no c-stick its fair and square. But now that anyone who buys the new 3ds will have c-stick, they will have an undeniable advantage against MOST players. Thats my problem

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Well at least I won't waste money on that any more. Kind of makes me mad but I'll have the WiiU version later anyway and don't plan on taking the 3DS version that seriously.

This was super douchey of Nintendo though. The "NEW" 3DS doesn't come out for at least another 8-9 months for JAPAN, god knows when it will release everywhere else. You want to push sales? Okay, but don't try to push sales for somethign thats coming out in a year at the very least

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Well at least I won't waste money on that any more. Kind of makes me mad but I'll have the WiiU version later anyway and don't plan on taking the 3DS version that seriously.

This was super douchey of Nintendo though. The "NEW" 3DS doesn't come out for at least another 8-9 months for JAPAN, god knows when it will release everywhere else. You want to push sales? Okay, but don't try to push sales for somethign thats coming out in a year at the very least
Wow your right! October 11 is 8-9 months!
*claps*

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Wait, can people with japan 3ds play with american 3ds? If not, then we won't have a problem until it releases here

TrevThe22nd

Smash Rookie
I highly doubt that the C-stick on the New 3DS will even do anything if this is the case, but we'll have to wait and see. I'll still get the game either way, but it's a shame that I have to use N64 controls again.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt that the C-stick on the New 3DS will even do anything if this is the case, but we'll have to wait and see. I'll still get the game either way, but it's a shame that I have to use N64 controls again.
What do you mean won't do anything? Its a c-stick that works in smash

TrevThe22nd

Smash Rookie
What do you mean won't do anything? Its a c-stick that works in smash
The c-stick on the New 3DS is essentially a built in circle pad pro. If we can't use the circle pad pro, what hopes do we have for the c-stick to be compatible? Yes, I know that Nintendo showcased off the New 3DS with footage of Sm4sh, but that doesn't mean the c-stick is compatible.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
The c-stick on the New 3DS is essentially a built in circle pad pro. If we can't use the circle pad pro, what hopes do we have for the c-stick to be compatible? Yes, I know that Nintendo showcased off the New 3DS with footage of Sm4sh, but that doesn't mean the c-stick is compatible.
... Thats exactly what it means if they showed footage

TrevThe22nd

Smash Rookie
... Thats exactly what it means if they showed footage
I went back to the direct, and Sm4sh was only used to demonstrate the new 3D capabilities. While Sm4sh 3DS could work with the c-stick, I don't see it happening. Unless this game is programmed to make the c-stick but not cricle pad pro in mind, or unless it gets an update for the New 3DS, I would doubt that it will happen. I really want it to be c-stick compatible, I really do, but I don't see it happening.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Oh well, I don't like the CPP anyways, too much bulk. And at least for several months we won't have to worry about it being uneven here in the States at least, since virtually no one will have it.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I went back to the direct, and Sm4sh was only used to demonstrate the new 3D capabilities. While Sm4sh 3DS could work with the c-stick, I don't see it happening. Unless this game is programmed to make the c-stick but not cricle pad pro in mind, or unless it gets an update for the New 3DS, I would doubt that it will happen. I really want it to be c-stick compatible, I really do, but I don't see it happening.
It was confirmed. Google is your best friend.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Ok look, if they used the C stick in the direct. It means its compatible. What you are saying makes 0%. Or you are just trolling

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I was just about to go to Gamestop to get a CPP for Smash, good thing I checked here. :p
I'm gonna get the New Nintendo 3DS anyway, but it still stinks you can't use the CPP since the New Nintendo 3DS doesn't come out for a while and it stinks for those who don't want to get the New Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Yeah, I'll buy the New 3DS just for the definitive Sm4sh experience.
If you want the definitive Smash 4 experience, get the Wii U version!

Anyways, I'm not surprised. Sakurai forced everyone to get hand cramps in Kid Icarus Uprising.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Please elaborate on this
Everybody thought the CPP would be a c-stick because it serves the same function as the built in one on the NEW 3DS. Since the CPP doesn't work he's applying the logic backwards. Since it doesn't work for the CPP it might not work with the NEW 3DS version.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm pretty sure the N3DS C-stick is the Circle Pad Pro, just built-in. Which means it likely won't be compatible, either.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the N3DS C-stick is the Circle Pad Pro, just built-in. Which means it likely won't be compatible, either.
I think so too... otherwise Nintendo once again shows the middle finger to all the people who bought the CPP.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Nintendo is doing some lame stuff when it comes to the n3ds. I'll just play with friends causally til the wiiu smash comes out.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Seeing as Iwata showed himself using the New Nintendo 3DS' C-stick for smash, it seems only the New Nintendo 3DS can use a C-stick for smash and the CPP can't for some reason.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hopefully there's some kind of update that enables CPP compatibility.
Also, since Japan gets the New Nintendo 3DS first, guess that means they temporarily have an advantage. :p

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
they said it works as a c-stick for Smash Bros. They specifically said it works for Smash Bros.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Never planned on taking the 3ds version serious and this just confirmed it. Its still really really stupid seeing as how Japan is getting it soon and were not getting it til next year.

Top Bottom