• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Music Hack Found!

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that we will eventually have music hacks for the Wii U version. I would replace a few songs...

Still, it's pretty impressive how we have some music hacks for the 3DS version.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I'm okay with music hacks, especially if I can get Marvel vs. Capcom 2's character select music in on the menus :)

But I really would like not to see another pm style hack. Even though I immensely enjoy pm on the wii, it kinda killed brawl's meta, and I'd like to see wii u and melee stand side by side. How many brawl players were there at apex?

Also, if there is any way we can come closer to melee's physics using what Nintendo has already given us, like equipment, then that makes it more accessible and less controversial. I like what the smooth lander heavy gravity thread is doing :)

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Here we go!
Now people can put crappy music that doesn't fit the setting or mood of the fight, Get Hype!

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Seems interesting, though I don't think this will have much influence since its on 3ds

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
This is so cool, I really hope someones discovers this on the Wii U version. I would replace some of the windy hills songs with a censored version of the Pingas Song LOL!

Roy115

Smash Cadet
No.
That wouldn't make any sense.

The M in Project M stands for Melee, since it's trying to recreate Melee's physics.

Having a "sequel" to it putting Melee's physics on Smash Wii U called "Project U" would be confusing.
So.... Project M U....? <:D

D

Deleted member

Ohwowowowowowohohaoohoooooh!!! When I get my hands on these hacks (and I find a way to hack movesets)

Smash Reborn U

Last edited by a moderator:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I hope so. His menu screen didn't have any music playing, which honestly has me suspicious.
It's the nature of the replacement method currently. You have to inject the files and recompile the rom/iso; things get broken or don't play correctly.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Soooooo, with this new find, would we be able to play the stages in tournaments that have copyright issues with the music?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If you tried to make me nearly die by exploding my brain with beautiful music, you have succeeded.
My favorite is Octopus over Flat Zone 2.

Soul.

Hype.
Hope that just because this is on 3DS doesn't mean people will stop working on this.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Mu is the Greek letter that is our M, so...

Project μ?

Edit: with the harvest moon cow as the mascot?
Yes. Project μ, with DLC, everyone can get whoever they want, Shantae+wave dashing=true twerking.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Not long before the ZSS skins come rolling out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*grabs bottle of lotion*

HEHEH, I MEAN, WHAT? HAHAHAHA...
I remember looking at kc-mm to see what the most popular modded Brawl Assist Trophy was. It was a decidedly... modified version of Lyn.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Now we just need to hack the Wii U, so people can play SSB4 with custom tracks.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Now we just need to hack the Wii U, so people can play SSB4 with custom tracks.
The Wii U is already hacked, custom music for wii u should be right around the corner.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
The Wii U is already hacked, custom music for wii u should be right around the corner.
According to the Wii U Brew site... No, it hasn't. They've gotten code running in Wii Mode, but that basically limits you to hacks the Wii had. I guess you could try to force Wii U games to load in Wii Mode, but that would cause it to run like molasses at best, worst-case scenario it won't load at all because the Wii code can't read Wii U discs (which uses a different format). Even if you could somehow get it to run like that, it would probably crash soon because the game is trying to write to register and memory locations that don't exist, or it's using a processor instruction that doesn't exist on the Wii, or maybe it won't load/will corrupt the save data for any variety of reasons.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
FOUNTAIN. OF. DREAMS.

FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS! FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS!

Also,
FOR ALL-STAR MODE NOSTALGIA!

Manta

Smash Cadet
Hopefully we find a similar breakthrough with the Wii U version.

I wanna listen to the music from Fourside again, dammit. Why was such a cool song ever removed?

Fountain of Dreams' music, too.
Not for a while, for al we know he could have simply unpacked the ROM and edited the music files and then repacked it and ta-da! new music.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
If this guy can find an easy, non system damaging way to do this, I'd be down. I've always kind of hoped that Smash Bros. would get a mode that lets you upload and insert your own songs to play during a stage (Even though it's highly unlikely that that will ever happen.). There are so many cool (and dumb but hilarious) songs I could imagine smashing too.

Falm

Smash Rookie
Project M2 here we come?? But seriously though, if they manage to mod this game just to have L-cancelling, increased hitstun and way more lag on the airdodges I will be made. Not even asking for Meleeing the game, just a few tweaks to add some much needed (imho) tech

Top Bottom