• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Music Hack Found!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I am literally salivating at the thought of Project: Brawl. Somebody get on that.
But if this is real, every stage on my CD will be filled with Mario and DBZ: Budokai music.
I thought that would come at first too, but no one wants to make a game slower, with less tech

Cree

Smash Cadet
NNID
NL-Michi
3DS FC
4613-9307-3814
I don't want to sound like an idiot here, seeing as most of the comments posted are in hopes for this new exploit. But I'm just wondering, if listening to custom songs while you smash is what you want; why not simply listen to your custom music via an mp3 player, phone, iPod etc? Plug in some earphones or the like and get jamming'! It's what I do.. :ohwell:

I'm not saying the person who found out how to do this wasted their time, quite an interesting find in-fact! But it's nothing new for me..
When I do taunt, I want to hear Rosalina. When I go rush down, I want to hear every sound C. Falcon makes. Playing the game and being able to hear the actual game vs. only music changes a lot. I play my best listening to the game because the sounds improve my focus.

Amaya01

Smash Rookie
NNID
Amaya01
3DS FC
2368-0409-0662
A huge Brawl milestone occurred when people found ways to hack the game to change textures, stages, and music. This spawned many hacks and mods, the most famous among them being Project M. Recently, some people found ways to hack the 3DS music as well. BrawlBRSTMs3 released a video showing proof that this works.

At the moment, the method involved has not been released to the public, but a comment from BrawlBRSTMs3 in response to a fan may shed some light:

Question: "Ohhh you put the files in. I thought you found them. Isn't it a lot of work to put all these sounds in?"

Answer: "Currently, yes. I'm looking for an easier method that's free for everyone. I still need to test online later to see if music files are part of Nintendo's integrity checks."

For the time being it's only music and does not include textures, stages etc.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think this will open up to more 3DS hacks? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Follow Michael on Twitter at @AsuraHedo.
I can't wait to see if we can get more hacks. I'd love to put some of my own music in the 3ds version.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
A huge Brawl milestone occurred when people found ways to hack the game to change textures, stages, and music. This spawned many hacks and mods, the most famous among them being Project M. Recently, some people found ways to hack the 3DS music as well. BrawlBRSTMs3 released a video showing proof that this works.

At the moment, the method involved has not been released to the public, but a comment from BrawlBRSTMs3 in response to a fan may shed some light:

Question: "Ohhh you put the files in. I thought you found them. Isn't it a lot of work to put all these sounds in?"

Answer: "Currently, yes. I'm looking for an easier method that's free for everyone. I still need to test online later to see if music files are part of Nintendo's integrity checks."

What do you guys think of this? Do you think this will open up to more 3DS hacks? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Somebody call KCMM

Smashdude™

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smashdude10
Can you hack sounds too? Somebody needs to fix Fox's voice.

Also please make a mod which puts the Mega Man X Soundtrack on Wily's Castle.

*EDIT*

Read further. Dangit.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Mod scene is really going to differentiate the two versions (Wii U and 3DS). How exciting!

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
the majority of posters here seem to have high hopes that this takes off into a full blown mod. it's... kind of painful. I'm in support of cracking Smash 4's code, sure, but only because the game already has the potential to be tweaked up... it's just that the tools are generated randomly.

I can make due without wavedashing, but if custom equipment was cracked and generating perfect sets and builds was possible, than it's perfectly possible to make Smash 4 go faster without PM level alterations.

in fact, these potential custom builds could go the extra mile and demonstrate how superior they are to the game's default builds. they're faster, more efficient, and anyone who dares attempts to prove otherwise will get wrecked.

Toxiphobe

Smash Cadet
WOO! I hated half the song choices for the 3ds version anyways. Especially Yoshi songs and Green hill zone. HYPE TRAIN ALLL ABOARDDDDDDDD

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Music

PK_Knee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamernerd123

This is so cool, I need to do this. I need Song of Storms dubstep in smash.

Top Bottom