• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Music Hack Found!

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
A huge Brawl milestone occurred when people found ways to hack the game to change textures, stages, and music. This spawned many hacks and mods, the most famous among them being Project M. Recently, some people found ways to hack the 3DS music as well. BrawlBRSTMs3 released a video showing proof that this works.

At the moment, the method involved has not been released to the public, but a comment from BrawlBRSTMs3 in response to a fan may shed some light:

Question: "Ohhh you put the files in. I thought you found them. Isn't it a lot of work to put all these sounds in?"

Answer: "Currently, yes. I'm looking for an easier method that's free for everyone. I still need to test online later to see if music files are part of Nintendo's integrity checks."

For the time being it's only music and does not include textures, stages etc.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think this will open up to more 3DS hacks? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Follow Michael on Twitter at @AsuraHedo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Can't wait to replace the generic tracks with awesome remixes.

Tracks from Harmony of Heroes actually in the game...<3

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hopefully we find a similar breakthrough with the Wii U version.

I wanna listen to the music from Fourside again, dammit. Why was such a cool song ever removed?

Fountain of Dreams' music, too.

Last edited:

Wintry

Smash Cadet
Some Golden Sun music, F-Zero, Phoenix Wright, Duane and Brando and Minibosses are about to be thrown in there.

Maybe a Smooth McGroove remix for every stage!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Time to make every single track a Yoshi's New Island track instead. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Finally, I can remove the Smash 4 theme and its variations!
Sorry, I can't stand it.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
This is really exciting! I've been dying to put a ton of custom music songs in my Wii U version, until then I'm waiting very patiently.

The next step is making this hack easy for the community to use.

Smash Ace
This is really exciting! I've been dying to put a ton of custom music songs in my Wii U version, until then I'm waiting very patiently.

The next step is making this hack easy for the community to use.
Wasn't this partched yet?

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Aw heck yeah!!!:grin: If I ever get into hacking my 3DS, I'm mostly gonna replace any music from Brawl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
:079:

However even though this is a little late, it's still cool. Can't wait to see what it leads to.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
This is a pretty huge step for all kinds of reasons. Not really a fan of Sm4sh but we've seen how much a simple soundtrack change can hype things up.

keymanb

Smash Apprentice
Tbh I'm not going to hack my 3DS even if this comes out now, too risky unless I see it's relatively easy. I don't know.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
As soon as we find a way to do this on the Wii U version, I'm changing the menu theme to this.

Last edited:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Not long before the ZSS skins come rolling out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*grabs bottle of lotion*

HEHEH, I MEAN, WHAT? HAHAHAHA...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Project U sounds more fitting.
No.
That wouldn't make any sense.

The M in Project M stands for Melee, since it's trying to recreate Melee's physics.

Having a "sequel" to it putting Melee's physics on Smash Wii U called "Project U" would be confusing.

Top Bottom