• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would not call him a bad character in his current state.

He's definitely not overpowered anymore. His recovery was gutted, his Tornado deals less hits and less frequently, and his sword swipes have a tiny start up to them. His move set however, is the same barring his changed recovery.
ahhh....Sakurai pulling through....

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Zipzo: “lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.”Good to know my favorite character is getting a speed buff to some of his attacks

1. Is Lucario stronger at 0%? Compared to Brawl
  2. Does Ike's Side B put him into helpless state?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Was the purple-hair Zelda color ever completely disproved? If not, it'd be pretty sweet if you were able to verify one way or the other.

gamer8

Smash Lord
@Zipzo, while playing Yoshi can you confirm any of these three Yoshi alts? Purple, White, Orange. Thanks.
By the way this is because there's 10 Yoshi colors in total so there's 2 that won't really make it and these three weren't in past Smash bros. games. Already read one of your posts in the AMA that said Black is in.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh wow. I guess I woke up JUST in time.

If you try Link again or someone else uses him, exactly how useful is his new U-Air?

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I would not call him a bad character in his current state.

He's definitely not overpowered anymore. His recovery was gutted, his Tornado deals less hits and less frequently, and his sword swipes have a tiny start up to them. His move set however, is the same barring his changed recovery.
Wait, that means he would keep his down air. If you can answer, has there been any noticeable differences with the move?

TheGreenDoom

Smash Rookie
How useful are Pac-Man's specials to compensate for his slower movement on the ground and in the air? I don't see his Down Special (Fire Hydrant) gaining much usage, but I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who actually played Pac-Man before I judge him for myself.

Achroma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5472-7850-1658
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but does Palutena have an alt or recolor that looks anything like this?

yolod

Smash Rookie
Aye Zipzo, thanks for doing this, really. It means a lot.

What colors change on Pacman's gloves? And what design does his shoes change to?

Thanks again

OldManDyl (OMD)

Smash Cadet
There was a Reddit post w/ the stages and a comment speculated that only five would be tourney legal (Final Destination, Battlefield, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox and Yoshi's Island Brawl). Do you think those are the only/best viable competitive stages? If not, what are some of the other stages you have in mind?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Does Fox have his black color from Brawl?

Last edited:

phanteon

Smash Cadet
could you press home and look for the miiverse icon? could you ask what system version is required to play the game?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Guys, stop asking the man for costume information, he says he's only covering the unique variants...

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Zipzo: “lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.”

Good to know my favorite character is getting a speed buff to some of his attacks

1. Is Lucario stronger at 0%? Compared to Brawl
  2. Does Ike's Side B put him into helpless state?
Ike's Side Special apparently does still put him into helpless. I can't seem to find where I saw that, though...

could you press home and look for the miiverse icon? could you ask what system version is required to play the game?
I would personally recommend against trying it. Everything is displayed on a giant TV screen, after all.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
*looks at the number of people viewing this thread*

...Uh-oh. Smashboards is gonna become Crashboards at this rate. I'll be back later.

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
Do both normal and special moves have brawl or melee style move decay? Move decay in brawl worked by reducing damage and knockback on normal and special moves for the last 10 moves you did. Melee had only special move decay. This is presumably to discourage spamming. Do throws have it?

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
- What kind of out-of-shield options do most characters have? How fast are you able to act out of shielding?

- Does tech-chasing seem like it will exist in the metagame?

Also, this:
Do both normal and special moves have brawl or melee style move decay? Move decay in brawl worked by reducing damage and knockback on normal and special moves for the last 10 moves you did. Melee had only special move decay. This is presumably to discourage spamming. Do throws have it?

Last edited:

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Does Ike have the same taunts? And does he still have the "I fight for my friends" winning line?

gamer8

Smash Lord
Guys, stop asking the man for costume information, he says he's only covering the unique variants...
Well I hope my question was okay since he said he was going to try out Yoshi and it's asking about specific colors only, I didn't think it'd be too much of a problem. If it is though it's fine, I'll be looking forward to whatever information we get tonight.

D

Deleted member 245254

Thanks for sharing your info @Zipzo .

Regarding Palutena, everyone seems to be calling her the new Meta Knight. Does she truly have no flaws and drawbacks or is there something that keeps her balanced with the cast?
This is a good question. Her combat isn't what I would describe as speedy, despite her reasonably quick ground movement. I described her as a "tank" in MMO terms in another thread, speedy to approach her target and many options for spacing, but not exactly a "Rogue" with fast paced high DPS. Hope that made sense.

Wait, that means he would keep his down air. If you can answer, has there been any noticeable differences with the move?
It seemed the same to me.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I leave for a day and this happens.

Anyway, this is all very interesting. Looking forward to more info if there is any. If not, that's okay. All this info could certainly do.

(So happy that Robin is OP tho)

Momaster12

Smash Cadet
Is Shulk OP? From videos and what not, it looks like his range is just INSANE. Match that with the Art modes or whatever they're called, it seems like Shulk might become the new Meta Knight (except not THAT OP).

Swagceratops

Smash Rookie
Hi Zipzo, I appreciate what you're doing for us all! I was just wondering if you've gotten the chance to play Samus yet? If so are there any significant changes to her?

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
Did you get a chance to use Pac-Man's neutral-B and see what the effects of the different fruits were? How quickly can he throw them, is it like Melee Peach where they're semi-spammable?

Also, did you get a chance to play Ike? Is his killing power intact, and did you notice any buffs or nerfs? All I've heard is that he's mostly the same and his run might be slightly faster.

Thanks once again for doing this, I'm impressed at how much you remember from one day.

D

Deleted member

Any info on Mega Lucario?
EDIT: never mind, the reddit AMA above said it's his final smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I feel I should clarify that I wasn't asking Zipzo to break the rules and risk getting thrown out so much as I was suggesting that D1's source was probably inaccurate and that Zipzo did have an option to test it albeit a pretty bold one. Of course, it's completely a matter of his judgment what risks are worth taking, and since he's actually there and familiar with their security (not to mention his own personal ability to talk his way out of flagrant rule violations), he'll be able to make that judgment. Gee guys, make me feel like the bad guy...

Either way, I think I'm going to pull back and just let Zipzo work; I'd suggest the rest of you do likewise. He already has enough stuff to test to keep him very busy, and I don't think we can help by piling more.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Were you able to hear the audio? If so, was the reused Brawl stuff from the E3 demo (like sound effects and victory themes) still reused or is it all new?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
There's a Fierce Deity recolor. IM ONE HAPPY DUCK. Majora's Mask Remake confirmed... :troll:

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Like someone else pointed out to me, it's the Japanese version. He seems to still have the same Japanese voice acting, though? I'm not sure if he has the equivalent line in Japanese, though.
I just assumed his taunts and win quotes were along the same lines in Japanese. On the yopic of voice acting though, I really hope he doesn't sound the same as Brawl for his english voice acting.

As much as I love the "I fight for my friends" line, he sounds kind of unmanly while saying it. It be even weirder hearing that unmanly voice coming from big muscular Radiant Dawn Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom