• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I do not believe I saw that. Sorry.
Aw, it's a shame Dark Meta isn't in.
But I am curious about a subject that hasn't been covered much at all....
What are Pikachu's alternate costumes? Does he have his party hat back?? Also, is there a costume that has a chipped tail to show gender??

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Oh, by the way: Does Sonic still have reused voice clips from Sonic Generations? I wouldn't really be mad if he did, I just think it's a shame that his Side Taunt is only "Sonic speed!" instead of "Aw, couldn't keep up?" (Which is also one of Roger Craig Smith's voice clips as Sonic.)

D

Deleted member 245254

Aw, it's a shame Dark Meta isn't in.
But I am curious about a subject that hasn't been covered much at all....
What are Pikachu's alternate costumes? Does he have his party hat back??
I think I've spoken on Pikachu's alternates a few times now.

He has a black and yellow backwards hat, a red/black(?) fighters headband, and a red hat with sunglasses on the front costume. Also still has the veteran green, blue goggles, and red ash hat one.

Last edited by a moderator:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hey Zipzo, does Peach appear to have more kill power this time around?

Also when you play again can you check if Zelda's Lightening Kick's sweetspot has increased (as in, is it easier to land or is it hard to land like in Brawl)? Thanks for all the info btw, I barely slept a wink because I wanted to soak it all in lol

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I was a bit of goody-two-shoe at my event after they almost kicked me out for trying to take video twice. They reprimanded a guy for trying to go and turn off items.

I pretty much didn't attempt to leave the 2 minute match character select screen for fear of getting kicked out after that.
Would you be down for asking permission. Worse case senario is that they say "No". Best case scenario is that you crash smashboards again!!!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Do you have any memory of what characters in the demo have 8 costumes total and who doesnt? It'd be nice to know if we can expect more than what we know.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I've been following these developments since they began yesterday, and I don't think much has surfaced about Luigi.

If you could relay anything you know about Luigi, Zipzo, I would appreciate it. 83

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
I was a bit of goody-two-shoe at my event after they almost kicked me out for trying to take video twice. They reprimanded a guy for trying to go and turn off items.

I pretty much didn't attempt to leave the 2 minute match character select screen for fear of getting kicked out after that.
ah well it's ok, don't want to get you into any trouble

also I know you confirmed black Yoshi but do you have any game play info on him? is his eggs easier to control? douse he still have huge lag when he trying to swallow some one? any thoughts?

Soul.

Hey, Zipzo, if you're going to play the game again, would you check and see if Pikachu's up tilt has K.O potential? I know I heard that the move is "legendary," so I guess that means it's good. I was going to say Up Smash, but it's pretty obvious that move has K.O potential. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, if we now have a bit more sane Q&A with Zipzo going...

Did you play on any of the stages we haven't seen on video before? The main particularly interesting ones are Paper Mario, Pac-Maze, and Tomodachi Life. IMO these are all legality candidates if they break the right way so information on how they work is at a premium. With Paper Mario it's mostly about what kind of forms it has and whether any of them do anything crazy. Pac-Maze is about how well the really vertical lay-out works and how significant of a hazard the ghosts are. Tomodachi Life is the simplest: are the various floors normal platforms or "solid" like Luigi's Mansion? Thanks a bunch for any info on these stages you can provide.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice

Did you play on any of the stages we haven't seen on video before? The main particularly interesting ones are Paper Mario, Pac-Maze, and Tomodachi Life. IMO these are all legality candidates if they break the right way so information on how they work is at a premium. With Paper Mario it's mostly about what kind of forms it has and whether any of them do anything crazy. Pac-Maze is about how well the really vertical lay-out works and how significant of a hazard the ghosts are. Tomodachi Life is the simplest: are the various floors normal platforms or "solid" like Luigi's Mansion? Thanks a bunch for any info on these stages you can provide.
I don't think Pac-Maze was available in the demo.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
...wut? The Famitsu scan didn't imply that. Also how does that confirm Mewtwo? :p
The Famitsu scan depicted the aura projectile growing while talking about boosts from Lucario's Aura, implying that it would grow based on the damage he'd taken. I took that as meaning the size was specifically dependent on Lucario's damage and not at all dependent on a charge.

It wouldn't confirm Mewtwo. However, Mewtwo seems like an extremely likely choice for one of the Final 5, especially given an earlier leak that seemed sure that the other possible veterans (like ICs and Snake) were out while matching up with the CSS leak that came later. And if Lucario got a change to specifically remove his biggest similarity with Mewtwo, that'd be pretty suspicious.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hi Zipzo.
I have some questions:
Is FLUDD still useless?
What about Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos? are they part of the Gordo Toss customization?
Can a Red Yoshi (for example) throw red eggs?
No ponytails for Peach or Rosalina?
Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Hey Zipzo, do you know anything about Peach's down smash? Is it any stronger? (Thank you very much for giving us this info! ^0^)

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Things I'm interested in knowing when you get around to playing again:

— Jab-cancelling: Is it true that the window for performing a third jab is short enough to make it unnecessary? That's what it looked like from the Japanese Features Trailer.
— Mario's Jab x2 > Jab x2 > FTilt (angled up) combo from the Features Trailer. Is it a true combo? Probably test it at higher percents, around the 90% range, on a heavy character.
— Near a ledge: For Mario, is Jab x3 > run off the ledge > FAir a legit combo versus fast-falling characters?
Quoting this so Zipzo sees it.

Also, gonna ask again since it was near the bottom of the page: Does Sonic still use recycled voice clips from Sonic Generations? I wouldn't even be mad if he does, although it's a shame his Side Taunt was "Sonic speed!" instead of "Aw, couldn't keep up?" (Which is another one of Roger Craig Smith's lines as Sonic. Don't remember from which game, though.)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Just one quick question Zipso:

What costumes does Toon Link have besides the Four Swords colors, classic link and the red eyes?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Quoting this so Zipzo sees it.

Also, gonna ask again since it was near the bottom of the page: Does Sonic still use recycled voice clips from Sonic Generations? I wouldn't even be mad if he does, although it's a shame his Side Taunt was "Sonic speed!" instead of "Aw, couldn't keep up?" (Which is another one of Roger Craig Smith's lines as Sonic. Don't remember from which game, though.)
This is Japanese Smash. Unless there's an English voice option, which he couldn't change anyway, Roger won't be his voice.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I know this isn't exactly in your control, Zipzo, but if you play as Lucario or Charizard and happen to get a Final Smash, could you be sure to share the details with us? We all know they turn into their Mega forms, but I'd like to know just how much stronger/faster they feel, or if any attacks change.

so has anyone played on Final Destination? I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT!
I heard there aren't any platforms besides the main stage. Don't quote me on that, though.

xNate

Smash Rookie
Is there any information on Sheik's play style yet? Also does she have any Alt Costumes or just colour changes?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Hey Zipzo, do you know anything about Peach's down smash? Is it any stronger? (Thank you very much for giving us this info! ^0^)
Apparently there's a wind GFX to let you know exactly where its excessively-large hitbox is. Also, it pulls people in before spitting them back out on the last hit.

edit: Oops! Didn't realize I'd double-posted. Sorry mods!

Last edited:

espio87

Smash Ace
Good morning Zipzo.
Check the stages we haven't seen yet, specially Final Destination and see if you can play the other stages in Final Destination Mode (acording to the leak you had to press the X button to play them)
Have fun today!

D

Deleted member 245254

Before we get any further this morning let me repost something posted by a friend of mine concerning colors.

Can I just make a quick post about colors?

We were pretty rushed to pick characters and such. We did our best to check as many as we could, but we cannot possibly remember what colors each character had and what hue of black or whatever. On top of that, the area that showed the color was pretty small on the bottom screen and was actually a different, 2D render of the character (as you can see on pictures we already have of the character select screen). The 3D render would show much more of the character, and there was no way we could check all of them.
Any questions about color are drastically subject to error, forgetfulness, and sheer "I dunno" due to the nature of the event. Obviously we remember the major things, like Fox's wolf scheme or Link's fierce diety scheme, but all 8 colors for the entire gaggle of characters, asking us as if we're supposed to remember all of those is madness, we were mostly focused on gameplay. I did spend sometime clicking through the colors to make sure there wasn't anything crazy that popped up, like completely alternate costumes, and I have shared what I found to be the most notable. I am not going to be able to recite for you every double colored scheme for Diddy Kong.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Before we get any further this morning let me repost something posted by a friend of mine concerning colors.

Any questions about color are drastically subject to error, forgetfulness, and sheer "I dunno" due to the nature of the event. Obviously we remember the major things, like Fox's wolf scheme or Link's fierce diety scheme, but all 8 colors for the entire gaggle of characters, asking us as if we're supposed to remember all of those is madness, we were mostly focused on gameplay. I did spend sometime clicking through the colors to make sure there wasn't anything crazy that popped up, like completely alternate costumes, and I have shared what I found to be the most notable. I am not going to be able to recite for you every double colored scheme for Diddy Kong.

Understood. I'm sorry about that.

I was just really curious if there was a pink Donkey Kong lol.

NNID
Majorasmask66

wait is fierce diety just a color change or a costume?

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
I know this isn't exactly in your control, Zipzo, but if you play as Lucario or Charizard and happen to get a Final Smash, could you be sure to share the details with us? We all know they turn into their Mega forms, but I'd like to know just how much stronger/faster they feel, or if any attacks change.

I heard there aren't any platforms besides the main stage. Don't quote me on that, though.
._. I meant like the music and BG transitions...

D

Deleted member 245254

My emphasis on stage exploration was quite low yesterday, I plan to change that today.

Today I am focusing a lot on Meta-Knights changes, Stages, attempting to get a picture of the fox and fierce deity scheme, Yoshi's "feel", and some other things I've noticed people think are really in demand.

By thew way, the new final destination, someone asked above, is freakishly awesome.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Well for Diddy Kong I think most people are just curious if his pink color scheme is still around because Dixie Kong. Like how Pit no longer has his Dark Pit color. So if you happen to notice anything about it one way or the other it'd be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

It is not the melee version, I can tell you that. It does not do a hard knockback. It grabs the opponent and combo hits them a few times before shoving them off in the air. There is a new air wave circle around her that depicts the actual range of the move (it's a little bit wider than the circumference of her dress).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom