• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Man, I love seeing all the guest here, it's intense.

I'm looking forward to finding out the Marth info, even though I plan on maining Lucina.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm slightly concerned Shulk might out-class other sword-wielders after all I've heard and seen of him, very eager to hear of more of Robin and Marth. Smash 4 Ken combos would be sick, shame about no double forward air though.

Thanks for reporting, Zipzo.
He certainly seems to have a lot of options. But we'll see. I imagine that the trick will be taking advantage of shulk's weaknesses when he uses his arts.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Warning Received
I JUST PLAYED.

I will be more thorough later but right now.

- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pivot cancel is still in

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

- Zelda has a white costume

Editing this post for more as we speak

- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump
Does captain falcon have a true blood falcon alt over his red pallet? Please explain what it looks like.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Any word yet on dark meta knight/galacta knight?

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Also, I should also thank our wonderful informant for doing all of this for us. Hope you're having fun.

They lowered the landing lag moves? I really hope this is true, but I never saw it anywhere. Do you have a source?
People think the landing lag shown in the videos is lower.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
The Diddy Kong banana thing isn't much of a nerf. Being unable to juggle two of them kinda sucks, but on the other hand, your opponent now has pretty much no ability to use them against you since you just down special as soon as someone grabs one to make it disappear out of their hands.
You are assuming it works like this. It could also lock you out of using bananas if someone holds the one you throw. Similar to how if someone holds one of the bananas in brawl you can only use 1 other banana.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hnnng, i'm really glad that they lowered the landing lag on some moves, I was worried for a bit.

RIP Falcon Knee
Which means the Sacred Combo is truly gone forever now...Ugh.

Why can't Sakurai and his team understand what makes Falcon such a great and fun character?

Oh well.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sakurai fills the game to the breaking point with fanservice, giving us lots of cool new alt costumes and palette swaps, even upping the total for every character to at least 8.... And the Pokemon still don't get shiny alts.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

MrMikhael

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMikhael
3DS FC
3325-3388-9827
Omfg omfg omfg fierce......fierce deity link in smash 4. please don't lie. If this is a lie. Iink my hype has actually hit an all time high. I actually went out of my way to mod PM to just get fierce deity as a costume. God bless sakurai. God speed.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sakurai fills the game to the breaking point with fanservice, giving us lots of cool new alt costumes and palette swaps, even upping the total for every character to at least 8.... And the Pokemon still don't get shiny alts.

I think it is not his fault. I read The Pokémon Company is really annoying with this kind of stuff.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Besides Zipzo's information, there are also few people on Twitter collecting information on the characters. Apparently, there's some sort of "Black Peach" and "Fire Peach" color swaps / alts, based on Google translate. It's not the best source since Google Translate has errors.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Reminder not to bother Zipzo to much. He's working hard to bring this information to you guys, so don't just ask for him to do things. Also please refrain from spam like always.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Woa Zipzo, you're doing gods work! This all sounds great so far. Can't wait to hear more!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Besides Zipo's information, there are also few people on Twitter collecting information on the characters. Apparently, there's some sort of "Black Peach" and "Fire Peach" color swaps / alts, based on Google translate. It's not the best source since Google Translate has errors.
:D Shadow Queen Peach from Thousand Year Door? Probably not but that's the first thing I could think of.

Also, thank you Zipzo. This is great information and I greatly appreciate it.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Hmm so far, there seems like the landing lag is about the same as the demo at the E3 :(. Also no wave dashing ala melee is so sad. The fact that it feels as floaty as brawl its just sad, damn my hype is going down.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
It definitely looks like it to me, I don't have a source though. Did you watch the videos, that's what it looked like to me tbh.
Oh... Yeah, no, the general landing lag on aerials doesn't appear to have been changed at all. Some aerials have shorter amounts of landing lag while others have much longer landing lag, but of course it's always been like that in every Smash game and it hasn't changed since the E3 build.

It seems like most aerials won't be very viable as approach options or in the neutral position (they will of course be useful when juggling/comboing in the air or when offstage), but other aerials that have super low landing lag (like Sheik's Fair) will give those characters superior approach options. Smash 4 is looking more and more like it's going to be a very ground-based game, which is interesting.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hmm so far, there seems like the landing lag is about the same as the demo at the E3 :(. Also no wave dashing ala melee is so sad. The fact that it feels as floaty as brawl its just sad, damn my hype is going down.
All of the things you mentioned are positive things to me. lol Well maybe not landing lag..,

Switters

Smash Rookie
Just want to know Zipzos impressions of the final game, whether he likes it or not?

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
First off, thank you so much, Zipzo. On behalf of the entire community, thank you for putting in the time and effort to provide us with the plethora of information you've so tirelessly collected. I'm really glad to see some of these characters shaping up in ways I never would have expected. Robin with aerial smashes? A slow Pac-Man? I expected none of these things, and that only wets my palate in anticipation of trying out this new game and experimenting with every character.

I have two questions about Pac-Man, if you or anyone would be so kind to answer. First of all, did you experiment with any of his throws? What do they look like, and how do they function? As a more minor, stupid question, there's something I've wanted to know more than anything since his reveal: Is his star KO scream the classic death sound effect? Once again, thank you for your hard work in helping us dissect this game, and for answering as many questions as you have. I really appreciate it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think it is not his fault. I read The Pokémon Company is really annoying with this kind of stuff.
Well, getting Shiny Pokémon are supposed to be really hard to get so kinda makes sense that they don't want a game where getting a Shiny is easy as pressing R on a CSS. Still, we can not complain so much because the increased amount of alts and cool colors (Like a Purple Lucario)

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339

I thought Charizard and Pikachu both had their Shiny colors.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
All of the things you mentioned are positive things to me. lol Well maybe not landing lag..,
What worries me is that it doesnt seem to be a "new game of its own" and more like brawl 2.0 ( mechanics wise ) which is very sad. Hopefully with more in depth information the new "meta" might emerge eventually. Obviously im hoping to swallow my words and that this game ends being super competitive.

P.D: loving all the alt re-models, colors and fan service.

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
Based on past evidence, there seems to be a approximate correlation between how good Captain Falcon is and how good the game is. If Captain Falcon is good again, then there are no brakes on this hype train.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

The grey charizard may be shiny. Shiny charizard in some lights does look dark grey.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Hello there guests. I was once a lurker like you all.....
Please join Smashboards....
Erm, hi.

Also my request; is the character layout similar to the pic posted in the Japanese EShop?
How long did it take for Levin Sword to activate?
If you played WFT, please tell me how she feels or any notable things about her.
That is all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom