• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If Lucina is available, are her colors just copies of Marth? Or somehow different? Same for her Final Smash.

Gigabowser007

Smash Rookie
I could keep this all in the other thread but I want to keep a front page detailed list of what I'm looking for so people know what to suggest.

So far my ipad memo pad looks like...

THINGS TO LOOK FOR

- Not yet played/revealed characters
- How they play

- IASA frame check : is it more forgiving than previous games?

- Can you cancel a portion of landing lag with an attack, shield, or running?

- Dash dancing window; same as E3?

- How's the ledge snap?

- Zelda's 3 remaining unseen costumes? There's red, blue, pink, purple, black and...

- Edge canceling?

- What's Metaknight looking like?

Give me some suggestions and I will update this list as we go, after the event is over I will go over every question/thing I found.
Could you do Toon Link's costumes? I need my pajama alt

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
Can you look if there is any mother/earthbound trophies?
Also ones from metroid and DK to see if there's hope for more reps of that franchise. And rhythm heaven too.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Any bit if peach info would be greatly aopreciated! Really wanna know her alts and weather or not her up and down smashes are better this time around.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What time did you get there? I'm going to try to go tomorrow if I have time, but I'm worried I might either have to wait around forever or get denied access because they were already full or whatever.

Rimjo

Smash Rookie
Any Kirby, Olimar, or Samus news that we already don't know would be appreciated. Also any changes to Mario since Brawl, or any sight or sound of Ness. Again, thanks!
-Edit
Also, if you can, what are Shulks taunts, and how does he play? Any huge nerfs for Meta Knight?

Last edited:

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
If he's there, we have seen like 15% of Pacman and I would like to heard about him. If not, Greninja is a character I'm highly interested in.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I would like to know what colors Yoshi has, if possible; that's all I really wanna know right now. Also if he has alts of course; which I'm not expecting, but still nice to actually know whether he does or not.

Also kinda curious to see what Peach's Daisy alt looks like this time; if it's a full-on Daisy alt now, or Brawl-like (meh), Melee-like (still cool), or not even retained at all (hope it's still there at least in its Brawl form).
Going to bed now so will check back here tomorrow. Have fun!

D

Deleted member

If Shulk is available, what is his entry animation, what are his taunts, and what are his palette swaps?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Check and see if the good Captain is as bad as he was in Brawl.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Here are the things I think are most important in what I can promise you will be very limited testing time.

Check if the new pivot tech still works. That's the tech where you can act freely out of your "turning around from running" animation (like you can just ftilt right out of running without any real delay). There has been non-trivially speculation that was a demo bug, but if it's intentional behavior, it will be huge.

A lot of people will talk about landing lag and such and ask you to measure things that are too general to really measure. What I'd do when playing is just try to find how many ways you can safely attack a shield. That will address most of those core concerns while actually being something you can do, and in terms of how the neutral game will play, the flexibility and diversity of safe on block attack options will be the greatest predictor of how the game plays anyway.

As per characters, IMO it would do the community the most service to focus on characters who are newcomers that were not in the E3 demo. That is, focus on Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Robin, and Shulk. Pac-Man and Robin in particular I feel are the biggest mysteries as their trailers left way more questions than answers; we still don't know on a basic level what kind of character Pac-Man is, and Robin has really complicated mechanics for which we have no good answer how they play out. I don't know if you'll be able to pick Mii Fighters given the way they are tied in with custom moves, but information about how picking them works, how different Miis affect their dynamics, or just about how these characters play in general would come at a premium if you could.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Here are the things I think are most important in what I can promise you will be very limited testing time.

Check if the new pivot tech still works. That's the tech where you can act freely out of your "turning around from running" animation (like you can just ftilt right out of running without any real delay). There has been non-trivially speculation that was a demo bug, but if it's intentional behavior, it will be huge.

A lot of people will talk about landing lag and such and ask you to measure things that are too general to really measure. What I'd do when playing is just try to find how many ways you can safely attack a shield. That will address most of those core concerns while actually being something you can do, and in terms of how the neutral game will play, the flexibility and diversity of safe on block attack options will be the greatest predictor of how the game plays anyway.

As per characters, IMO it would do the community the most service to focus on characters who are newcomers that were not in the E3 demo. That is, focus on Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Robin, and Shulk. Pac-Man and Robin in particular I feel are the biggest mysteries as their trailers left way more questions than answers; we still don't know on a basic level what kind of character Pac-Man is, and Robin has really complicated mechanics for which we have no good answer how they play out. I don't know if you'll be able to pick Mii Fighters given the way they are tied in with custom moves, but information about how picking them works, how different Miis affect their dynamics, or just about how these characters play in general would come at a premium if you could.
I like this guy.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hey Zipzo make sure to try out your legendary Talis "Sheath Canceling." ;) I kid, I kid.

Don't really have any requests myself, will just look forward to any new info.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, one more neat little thing that shouldn't be too hard to take note of is the entrances for characters we haven't seen yet. Other than that really if you can I hope you'll be able to explain how different it feels from the E3 build if you played that.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Plz Play Diddy to see how he plays.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
When does the event start and end? Didn't even know about this until about 30 minutes ago.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Check the run --> crouch thing with every character you play as, please! For some reason people always forget this. There was speculation that only characters with crawls can do it but I don't think anyone ever confirmed it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Knee of Justice, stage music choices (if relevant), Robin's customization options (if accessible), Robin's tome durability (and restoration mechanics), any unrevealed stages or tricks, Megaman's kill and approach potential.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Pac-Man isn't really a mystery.

http://smashboards.com/threads/chom...an-be-stored-added-omega-pac-maze-pic.365593/

Peach is more of a mystery than he is.
That's a nice list of his moves, and I mean that literally, but it doesn't really answer what kind of character he is. We need to know the move properties, Pac-Man's physics, and other things like that before we'll really know him. Like if I were going to try to explain Palutena, I'd say she's clealry intended to be a zoning character. Little Mac is grounded rushdown. Pac-Man is... a yellow character with those moves. I at least currently cannot easily envision his style of gameplay, and I do not think I'm alone in that. If somoene from these boards played him and said "he's kinda like Mario with lingering hitboxes" or something like that (ideally something actually based on how he plays and not just made up by me as an example!), it would actually be really informative and probably more informative overall than what we might be told about any other character.

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
So there is a stream on that site? what time
I don't think there's a stream now, it's just the page about the event and giving the hours when you can test the game. I actually doubt you can take pictures or videos.
Sorry if my English was bad !

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but could you check throwing strength? I'd like to know if the throws still launch characters just out of follow-up range.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
My only requests are:
-See if Ike plays any different from Brawl, like his power, moveset, etc.
-See how Villager plays

icecreamlights

Smash Cadet
I'm also wondering what alts Pac-Man can get. He can get Ms. Pac-Man I guess. But is there anything else he can get? I'm not sure since I don't really play any of his new games....

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
Can you check charizard's alts?
Make sure there isn't a purple one

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I wanna know:
-Mario's unseen costumes
-Dedede's unseen costumes/final smash
-Whether or not Shulk's final smash has random party members
-Bowser's other costumes
-Peach specifics, like final smash
-How awesome Captain Falcon is
-Megaman's costumes
-Charizard costumes
And that's it unless you get ahold of the unannounced characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom